Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Meningitis vaccines - do I push it off?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

BatZion

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 2:44 am
amother Grape wrote:
Why would you vaccinate then? Confused

Because the odds are still in favor of vaccinations. For me, my children, my community and wider community.

BatZion

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 2:46 am
amother Papayawhip wrote:
Keep burying your head in the sand.

Keep being oh so educated and telling mothers not to vaccinate based on fabulous vaccination conspiracists.
I actually have to go work but have fun, girls!

amother
Junglegreen

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 3:01 am
BatZion wrote:
Do you know me?
Nope.
Do I personally know people who say their children were harmed by vaccinations?
Yes, I do.
Do I believe them? Yes I do.
Do I still vaccinate? Yes I do.

You personally know people who say they were harmed by vaccines , believe them, and still inject your children ?! 🙈

amother
Tanzanite

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 3:03 am
I'll tell you what happened to my friend in college. She had some virus and was sick in bed a few days. (Maybe it was Mono and it was a couple of weeks? I can't remember.) Then it somehow went to her brain and she couldn't be woken from a nap. She woke up in the hospital a couple of days later and B"H recovered there. After that, she said she was often afraid to go to sleep at night, for fear of chas v'shalom not waking up in the morning. I'm pretty sure, though not positive, that she said she had menengitis.

BatZion

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 3:15 am
amother Junglegreen wrote:
You personally know people who say they were harmed by vaccines , believe them, and still inject your children ?! 🙈

Yup. Well...not entirely.

They don't KNOW that the vaccination caused whatever they claimed it caused. It is common that certain issues arise around the age that children get certain vaccinations, I.e., the common claim that the MMR causes autism- the first clinical signs of autism often show in a child's second year, which- lo and behold- coincides roughly with the time of the MMR vaccination. Rates of autism have been proven to be the same among vaccinated and non-vaccinated children.

I can't help but be moved by these people, but, hand on heart, I can't say I 100% believe their claims. There's a part of me that hurts for the mother and believes that she believes that she saw changes as a result of the vaccination, but apart from reported instances of bad vaccination batches (sad but definitely happened decades ago) I don't know...and nor does she.

The chances of a SERIOUS adverse reaction to a vaccination are INCREDIBLY low. Like incredibly.

Despite what all those stories on the internet tell you. Go read some studies. Go read lots of studies. Longitudinal, scientific studies. Then let's talk 'kay?

#BestBubby

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 3:39 am
Rates of autism are the same among vaccinated and unvaccinated children?

For decades the cdc has refused to make a
Vax v unvax study, even after congressmen requested, cdc refused.

So where did you get this info that autism rates of unvaxxed kids is the same as vaccinated kids???

amother
Grape

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 3:41 am
BatZion wrote:
Yup. Well...not entirely.

They don't KNOW that the vaccination caused whatever they claimed it caused. It is common that certain issues arise around the age that children get certain vaccinations, I.e., the common claim that the MMR causes autism- the first clinical signs of autism often show in a child's second year, which- lo and behold- coincides roughly with the time of the MMR vaccination. Rates of autism have been proven to be the same among vaccinated and non-vaccinated children.

I can't help but be moved by these people, but, hand on heart, I can't say I 100% believe their claims. There's a part of me that hurts for the mother and believes that she believes that she saw changes as a result of the vaccination, but apart from reported instances of bad vaccination batches (sad but definitely happened decades ago) I don't know...and nor does she.

The chances of a SERIOUS adverse reaction to a vaccination are INCREDIBLY low. Like incredibly.

Despite what all those stories on the internet tell you. Go read some studies. Go read lots of studies. Longitudinal, scientific studies. Then let's talk 'kay?

Okay now I wouldn't believe what you hold...
You're missing a lot of information

amother
Papayawhip

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 3:48 am
BatZion wrote:
Rates of autism have been proven to be the same among vaccinated and non-vaccinated children.

First statement : false. They have never in the history of vaccines tested a shot against a placebo to even know if it’s even safe. It’s always been tested by a previous version or something minus one component. They’ve never done any studies with vax vs unvaccinated to be able to state something like this either.
So there’s absolutely no way to prove a statement like this unless that’s done. Amish people have no autism, childhood cancers, eczema, allergies, adhd… go figure.

Second statement : false. Check vaers for adverse events. Listen to personal stories. People like you will always blame something else when the elephant is sitting right there in the room.
God forbid it might be the formaldehyde, antifreeze, fetal bovine serum, aluminum, or any other toxin injected that their poor little body could just not handle.

amother
Sunflower

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 3:58 am
A few things to your question.

One, when I had a child who repeated a grade in school, I pushed that one off so it would cover the years they would be dorming. The age recommendation has a lot to do with the dorm situation. My Dr said that made perfect sense.

Next, many kids are fully immune after the first dose and retain the immunity. The second dose is insurance for the small percent of kids who have trouble with their immune systems. Technically unnecessary for those with strong immunity.

Thirdly, it only protects against certain strains. Factor that or not.

I have heard those who don't vax say if they gave only one, it would be this one. It has the lowest rate of injury from all vaccines and the biggest payoff.

amother
Holly

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 3:59 am
#BestBubby wrote:
Rates of autism are the same among vaccinated and unvaccinated children?

For decades the cdc has refused to make a
Vax v unvax study, even after congressmen requested, cdc refused.

So where did you get this info that autism rates of unvaxxed kids is the same as vaccinated kids???

Baruch HaShem Hans Asperger was a Nazi and killed a bunch right?

/s

BatZion

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 4:33 am
Deleted my own very aggressive response to the BORING MYTHS that #BestBubby and Papayawhip bring up that have been disproven in- you know- actual scientific studies.

I will say- women of imamother please stop asking for vaccination advice on here.

Ask your doctor. Get a doctor you trust. A doctor who has spent years and years learning so s/he can help you.

Not bored women who read up lots of rubbish and then advise other women with their "wisdom".

I really will bow out now and will stop going into these threads. It's just annoying and disheartening to see such drivel being touted as "the enlightened truth".

Good luck to you all.

amother
Junglegreen

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 4:37 am
I’m extremely extremely skeptical of vaccines post Covid, and my eyes are now wide open in general when it comes to medical stuff. BUT. I am terrified of meningitis, since it can become bacterial and septic very quickly and cause loss of limbs Chas vshalom. I’m much more scared of meningitis than anything else that vaccines protect against (Covid, hepatitis, etc ).
I didn’t have to make any decision since my children already had their meningitis vaccines when my eyes started opening. But that would be the one vaccine I would research and consider. Since there seems to be data that this particular vaccine DOES protect.
Most other vaccines especially recent (Covid, flu etc ), don’t work.

amother
Diamond

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 7:41 am
My baby is 7 months old tom. And the only vaccine I gave was the meningitis shot!

I trust the dr.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 7:56 am
amother Tanzanite wrote:
I'll tell you what happened to my friend in college. She had some virus and was sick in bed a few days. (Maybe it was Mono and it was a couple of weeks? I can't remember.) Then it somehow went to her brain and she couldn't be woken from a nap. She woke up in the hospital a couple of days later and B"H recovered there. After that, she said she was often afraid to go to sleep at night, for fear of chas v'shalom not waking up in the morning. I'm pretty sure, though not positive, that she said she had menengitis.

The vaccine is for bacterial meningitis, not viral.

OP, here is the information about the disease.
https://www.cdc.gov/meningococcal/index.html
Read risks and how it's spread.
College students only have a slightly increased risk. It's not spread easily like a virus.
That may help you understand the risk profile better

Hatzlacha!
(I do know my son's yeshiva who is makpid on every vaccine, as their doctor was involved in dictating vaccine mandates for local schools, allows exemptions for this and only this vaccine. And it's a dorm school.)

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 7:57 am
amother Diamond wrote:
My baby is 7 months old tom. And the only vaccine I gave was the meningitis shot!

I trust the dr.

She's talking about the preteen/teen one.

amother
Chambray

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 8:06 am
A preteen girl that I know got meningitis in June. She was pretty sick in the hospital for quite a while. She’s in rehab and not home yet.

amother
Tulip

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 8:26 am
amother SandyBrown wrote:
Ignore the poster above and give the vaccine. Kids have died from meningitis.

as a mother of a child with severe issues from vaccines, how I disagree with you. I used to think it was all anti vax propoganda, until it happened to me. Not a day goes by that I do not wonder what our lives would be like if we had not vaccinated this child with the "recommended" vaccines.
These shots are mostly baloney. You dont even know if the meningitis vaccine prevents meningitis, truly.

amother
SandyBrown

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 8:30 am
amother Papayawhip wrote:
First statement : false. They have never in the history of vaccines tested a shot against a placebo to even know if it’s even safe. It’s always been tested by a previous version or something minus one component. They’ve never done any studies with vax vs unvaccinated to be able to state something like this either.
So there’s absolutely no way to prove a statement like this unless that’s done. Amish people have no autism, childhood cancers, eczema, allergies, adhd… go figure.

Second statement : false. Check vaers for adverse events. Listen to personal stories. People like you will always blame something else when the elephant is sitting right there in the room.
God forbid it might be the formaldehyde, antifreeze, fetal bovine serum, aluminum, or any other toxin injected that their poor little body could just not handle.

So many lies in this post.

Trademark

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 8:34 am
Like Batzion said do not take medical advice from anonymous Internet strangers!

We follow majority opinion when it comes to medical advice. We must do our hishtadlus for our health and leave the rest to Hashem.

amother
Daylily

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 8:37 am
Op, as a mother with 2 children with PANS. Who's done some research about the affects of vaccines, IMHO, if your child never had any issues with vaccines, I'd say give it.

Vaccines are no joke. Neither are the diseases they protect against.

My 2 oldest have pans. Life is hell on earth for them / with them. Healing is a fortune, painful and time consuming. No I'm not vaccinating them again. Bh one kid is really making great strides in her healing. The other still has much to be desired.
My third, up until he was vaccinated, was such a healthy happy child, after his shots (selective and delayed) he's had a constant runny nose, picks up every virus going around. It's having sleep disturbances and overall weaker.
I'm a bit anxious about my youngest. But if they need to have the minimum in order to start school.
And yes I'd live for them to be protected as immune.

We recently did some genetic testing and we learned that my oldest is genetically predisposed to autoimmune disorders and metabolizes vitamins / minerals / meds differently and does not have the ability to detox properly on her own. Which explains so so so so much. My then almost 6 yo child was diagnosed w sever autism following a severe reaction after a vaccine she was already riding on a flare after nitrous oxide which completely depleted her vitamin B levels. All medical doctors refused to look deeper amd psychologist and social workers basically were mad at me becuase I should just come to terms with it and stop driving them and myself crazy. Luckily it happened at 5. And not at 2... I kept syaing a normal extremely bright, comunicative expressive, nirmally developed child doesnt just suddenly turn autistic at that age. She was flappin her hands, spinning, mumbling not responding when spoken to and had a blank stare. Her health has been going downhil for a few weeks. But that set of shots she got, a few days in her brain and body just crashed. Ill never forget how I has to hold onto her so she doesn't run into straffic and I had other kids with me I couldnt push in the stroller cuz she suddenly was so erratic. The pediatrician refused to see me that day. Icame home that night, put my kids to bed, curled up into a fetal position and hysterically cried myself to sleep. Hashem hear my desperate cries becuase the next day, another doctor agrees to see us and we finally found a pediatrician willing to listen and test and treat. And without any help suggested for ASD children, she by FAR does not qualify for these diagnosis.
these things are genetic. And likely that my other kids have that too and therefore I am very very hesitant about vaccination, any meds, or anything I put in my child's body.

Imho, if your children never showed any issue with vaccines, the benefit outweigh the risks.

My older children likely will not be vaccinated again.
My younger kids, I'll have to see how things go. Becuase these things tend to run in families. My oldest genetic mutation, she's got one copy from dh and from me. So possibly my other kids too.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics