Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Need Chicken Cutlet Recipe
1  2  Next

Twizzlers

Post Tue, Jul 15 2008, 1:02 pm
that doesnt include breading or grilling.

I know I'm being difficult, but my diet doesnt allow breading and whenever I grill it, somehow it gets wayyyy too dry.

TIA

supermama2

Post Tue, Jul 15 2008, 1:07 pm
Maybe check out www.allrecipes.com I enjoy this site. You just type in what you are looking for and oodles of recipes come up Smile

mummiedearest

Post Tue, Jul 15 2008, 1:08 pm
bake them with spices on top.

Tapuzi

Post Tue, Jul 15 2008, 1:09 pm
Just make a diet appropriate sauce and bake at 375 for 20 miuntes. What kind of sauces do you like? Sweet? Savory? What does your diet allow?

Twizzlers

Post Tue, Jul 15 2008, 1:14 pm
mummiedearest wrote:
bake them with spices on top.

I am not as savvy as you. can u specify?

Tapuzi wrote:
Just make a diet appropriate sauce and bake at 375 for 20 miuntes. What kind of sauces do you like? Sweet? Savory? What does your diet allow?

sauces are not really a problem; and I do have a bunch at home, but whenever I bake them without a bread or crumb coating, they get dried out.

Aidelmom

Post Tue, Jul 15 2008, 1:35 pm
just don't bake too long. I broil w/ cheriyaki or duck sauce and it comes out moist. Just don't put it too close to the element because then the sauce will turn scorched and bitter.

Some good spices are garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, chili powder.

Tapuzi

Post Tue, Jul 15 2008, 1:49 pm
Yes, if they are thick regualr cutlets 20 minutes at 375 will not dry them out. If they are the thin kind I would do maybe 10 minutes.

Twizzlers

Post Tue, Jul 15 2008, 1:53 pm
Tapuzi wrote:
Yes, if they are thick regualr cutlets 20 minutes at 375 will not dry them out. If they are the thin kind I would do maybe 10 minutes.

thats probably it. they are very very thin. ok, I will try for 10 minutes at 375 and hope for the best. thank you!

greeneyes

Post Tue, Jul 15 2008, 1:55 pm
Here are some ideas:

This one's really easy, healthy, & delicious: Dice up an onion, saute in a bit of oil. If you don't want to use oil, you can just "saute" them in a tiny bit of water. Cut up chicken cutlets into bite size pieces, and add to the onions. Add fat free Italian dressing to the pan, enough so that the chicken will be nicely flavored. When the chicken is almost completely cooked, add frozen cauliflower. Cook until the chicken and cauliflower are done. Serve over white or brown rice. The chicken and the cauliflower both get a great flavor from the Italian dressing.

Another idea is to cut up the chicken cutlets into thin strips and flavor with shwarma seasoning and a bit of oil. I then sautee the chicken strips in about a tablespoon of oil. I serve the chicken in whole wheat pita with chummus, lettuce, & chopped tomato. My husband loves this dinner!

Would you be interested in cutting up the chicken into a salad? I have a recipe for romaine salad with sliced chicken and craisins. The chicken is marinated in a sweet sauce, & then baked, and it's actually really good by itself too. I've posted that recipe before, so if you want that recipe, let me know, & I'll try to find it for you.

Do you have Kosher by Design or Kosher Pallette? In Kosher by Design there's a recipe called olive chicken, which I actually just made last week, (except I omitted the thyme, because I'm not crazy about the flavor). It's a baked chicken cutlet recipe with a mixture of sauteed olives, tomatoes, onions etc. on top. It's yummy. Kosher Pallette has a recipe for grilled Moroccan chicken cutlets, which I have baked in the oven, & it was delicious. When baking the chicken cutlets for this recipe & in general, it's important not too bake for too long because that's when it gets dried out. Covering the pan also helps the chicken to stay moist.

(Can you tell we go through a lot of chicken cutlets here? LOL )

chany1

Post Tue, Jul 15 2008, 2:10 pm
cut the cutlets in small peices.
Bake it, but keep on mixing so the cutlets don't stick to each other
When done pour duck sauce
add sesame seeds
bake for another few minutes

Enjoy your delicious and easy version of sesame chicken

wanderer

Post Tue, Jul 15 2008, 2:30 pm
You can make schwarma chicken. Dice up 1-2 onions, saute till golden. Cut the cutlets into schwarma size pieces (flavor w/ salt and pepper), and add to pot to cook. Halfway through, add 4 tb bbq sauce, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp tumeric, and 1 tsp garlic powder. Cook for about half hour on low.

Cut up some veggies, toast a pita, alternate layers of veggies and meat. Yum!

bpgirl

Post Tue, Jul 15 2008, 2:40 pm
greeneyes wrote:
Here are some ideas:

Do you have Kosher by Design or Kosher Pallette? In Kosher by Design there's a recipe called olive chicken, which I actually just made last week, (except I omitted the thyme, because I'm not crazy about the flavor). It's a baked chicken cutlet recipe with a mixture of sauteed olives, tomatoes, onions etc. on top. It's yummy. Kosher Pallette has a recipe for grilled Moroccan chicken cutlets, which I have baked in the oven, & it was delicious. When baking the chicken cutlets for this recipe & in general, it's important not too bake for too long because that's when it gets dried out. Covering the pan also helps the chicken to stay moist.

can u please post the recipe for those two chicken cutlets?
thanks

Shap_E

Post Tue, Jul 15 2008, 2:44 pm
You can put them in a marinade - whatever you like or have at home: red/white wine, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, ketchup, tabasco, onion etc. and let them sit for a while (15 min - half hour) and then put all of it into a saucepan and just let them cook on medium heat until done (10 minutes?). They come out very juicy and yummy.

Beauticianista

Post Tue, Jul 15 2008, 2:59 pm
There's a very simple way for chicken not to dry out: Bake it covered for 30 minutes (about 250 degrees), and then uncovered for another 10-15 minutes. Covering it bakes it through, but it also makes it soggy so I uncover and bake another few minutes to crisp it out a bit. I do bread it, but when I don't want that, I just pour some duck sauce mixed with water on top of it which adds a sweet taste.

octopus

Post Tue, Jul 15 2008, 3:08 pm
ok- this is what I do:

thick chicken cutlets:
I broil them! If you have a waist-high broiler it works great and doesn't get dried up. I place the rack two levels below the flame. B/f I put the cutlet in, I lightly spray the cutlet with olive oil spray. Lightly sprinkle onion and garlic powder. You can even sprinkle a bit of pepper if you like.
Cook for 15 minute on one side. But check on it to make sure it is not ready sooner.
Take out of oven, flip, and spice the other side. cook for 15 minutes again.

It tastes delicious and tastes great!
Buy a disposable broiler pan so you don't have to wash anything out!

mommy24

Post Tue, Jul 15 2008, 4:21 pm
I drizzle some olive oil, fresh garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper and saute lightly with spray.

I drizzle lemon juice and garlic powder and zaatar and again saute in sprayed pan.

you can also broil these or make in crock pot.

greeneyes

Post Wed, Jul 16 2008, 8:40 pm
bpgirl wrote:
greeneyes wrote:
Here are some ideas:

can u please post the recipe for those two chicken cutlets?
thanks

Grilled Moroccan Chicken
Kosher Palette, page 76

1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup chopped scallions (white part only)
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 tsp. paprika
2 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. tumeric
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

Combine oil, scallions, parsley, cilantro, garlic, paprika, cumin, salt, tumeric, and cayenne pepper in the container of a blender or food processor. Process until smooth.

Rub the mixture on both sides of the chicken breasts and let stand 30 minutes.

Preheat grill to medium-hot heat.

Grill chicken breasts 5 to 7 minutes on each side or until done.

Olive Chicken
Kosher by Design, page 103

4 T. olive oil, divided
2 cloves garlic cloves, minced, divided
juice of 1 lemon
salt
freshly ground black pepper
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 medium onion, choped
1 (16 ounce) can plum tomatoes, drained & chopped
18 green olives, pitted & coarsely chopped
1 T. fresh parsley, chopped, divided
1 tsp. fresh thyme or 1/2 tsp. dried thyme, divided (I skip the time, since I'm not crazy about the flavor)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a medium bowl, add 2 T. oil, half of the minced garlic, the lemon juice, salt & pepper. Mix well.

Coat the chicken on both sides with the galric mixture. Lay chicken in a pan in a single layer. Marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.

In a large skillet, heat the remaining 2 T. of oil over medium heat. Add the onion and remaining garlic. Saute until onions are translucent, but not brown. Add tomatoes and olives and cook for 15 minutes or until thickened. Stir in 1/2 the parsley & 1/2 the thyme. remove from heat and spread mixture over chicken. Bake 25-30 minutes or until cooked through. Baste; remove to platter and sprinkle with the rest of the parsley and thyme.

cookielady

Post Fri, Jul 18 2008, 12:55 pm
Sprinkle with balsamic vinegar and fresh garlic. It gives it a great taste without bread crumbs etc. Dh eats this when hes dieting and loves it, well as much as he can love chicken with out all the good stuff on it.

ClaRivka

Post Fri, Jul 18 2008, 12:57 pm
pour tomato sauce on cutlets and sprinkle with oregano. its so good!

pour duck sauce on cutlets and sprinkle sesame seeds. It's my husbands favorite kind of chicken.

rachel19977

Post Tue, Jul 22 2008, 1:36 pm
I wish I knew where to get duck sauce in Israel!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey