Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Lakewood Office Salary
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Jul 20 2023, 1:31 pm
I made 27k this past year. I work 10-3. It seems like I am being severely underpaid. I have 10 years experience. Anyone agree?

amother
NeonYellow

Post Thu, Jul 20 2023, 1:33 pm
amother Slateblue wrote:
I made 27k this past year. I work 10-3. It seems like I am being severely underpaid. I have 10 years experience. Anyone agree?

Yes! That's terrible. Seminary graduates are starting at 45-50k for full time but they quickly go down in their hours when they get married and have kids and their salaries stay the same or rise.

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Jul 20 2023, 1:35 pm
amother NeonYellow wrote:
Yes! That's terrible. Seminary graduates are starting at 45-50k for full time but they quickly go down in their hours when they get married and have kids and their salaries stay the same or rise.

Dunno what to do! Where’s the best way to look for jobs in Lakewood?
Also, what yearly salary should I be looking for in an average office job?

amother
Darkblue

Post Thu, Jul 20 2023, 2:19 pm
amother Slateblue wrote:
Dunno what to do! Where’s the best way to look for jobs in Lakewood?
Also, what yearly salary should I be looking for in an average office job?

Recruiters!
Check the recruiting sites to get an idea

amother
Darkblue

Post Thu, Jul 20 2023, 2:20 pm
amother Wheat wrote:
$96/ hour? Wow that’s fantastic

I don't know know how you get to $96/hour, it's ~30 hours a week.

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Jul 20 2023, 3:31 pm
amother Darkblue wrote:
I don't know know how you get to $96/hour, it's ~30 hours a week.

I work for 21 hours a week. If I upped my hours to 30 I’d be making closer to 75 k. For my interesting job.

Lakewoodgal

Post Thu, Jul 20 2023, 3:51 pm
I work as a medical assistant in one of the lakewood doctor offices. I get paid 30 an hour. Am I getting under paid or is that considered normal?
I have been working as a medical assistant for 3 years at this point. I have been at my current job for over 1 year.

amother
Copper

Post Fri, Jul 21 2023, 3:57 pm
amother Slategray wrote:
Its almost no one wants to fargin. I'm in a wonderful office with such nice frum girls. Getting insurance 401K as well as lunches bonuses etc and 75K for 9-3. People are making more than me. There definitely is opportunity and there doesn't have to be a "catch"

9-3 and no Fridays?

You get insurance and 401k for a PT position? Is this standard?

amother
Holly

Post Fri, Jul 21 2023, 4:16 pm
amother Iris wrote:
Meanwhile in NY I'm getting paid 45,000 with a degree! In special Ed, Working 930 to 230

And I'm in chicago and working 9-3 including fridays and also make 45k. LOL
need to move to lakewood

amother
Candycane

Post Fri, Jul 21 2023, 4:20 pm
If this is what secretaries are making, it’s no wonder tuition went up. If someone could work 40 hours a week and make a six figure income being a secretary, other jobs that require degrees probably make more, so everyone should be able to afford tuition, right?
I’m asking honestly. With salaries like this there shouldn’t be a tuition issue.

amother
Olive

Post Fri, Jul 21 2023, 4:43 pm
Anon 1 wrote:
I work as a medical assistant in one of the lakewood doctor offices. I get paid 30 an hour. Am I getting under paid or is that considered normal?
I have been working as a medical assistant for 3 years at this point. I have been at my current job for over 1 year.

Maybe start a separate thread for this question. Medical assistants won’t necessity open this thread about office workers salaries.

amother
Darkblue

Post Fri, Jul 21 2023, 4:51 pm
amother Candycane wrote:
If this is what secretaries are making, it’s no wonder tuition went up. If someone could work 40 hours a week and make a six figure income being a secretary, other jobs that require degrees probably make more, so everyone should be able to afford tuition, right?
I’m asking honestly. With salaries like this there shouldn’t be a tuition issue.

Well just to clarify (I make 6 figures)
My job is not a secretary.
I don't think anyone here said a secretary Is making 6 figures

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Jul 24 2023, 7:02 pm
amother Copper wrote:
9-3 and no Fridays?

You get insurance and 401k for a PT position? Is this standard?

I am still so curious about this. Benefits on a PT position. Is this a thing?

amother
Candycane

Post Mon, Jul 24 2023, 7:08 pm
amother Darkblue wrote:
Well just to clarify (I make 6 figures)
My job is not a secretary.
I don't think anyone here said a secretary Is making 6 figures

OP seemed to imply in her first post that secretaries are starting out getting over $40/hr. That’s pretty close to a six figure salary.

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Jul 24 2023, 7:08 pm
amother Candycane wrote:
Nope. I work in special ed and it pays less than an office. I'm planning to leave the field. Degrees are useless here.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Jul 24 2023, 7:49 pm
amother Candycane wrote:
OP seemed to imply in her first post that secretaries are starting out getting over $40/hr. That’s pretty close to a six figure salary.

This is for medical billing, not secretaries. And they are not starting off at $40 an hour.

amother
Crocus

Post Mon, Jul 24 2023, 8:01 pm
It's sad that people starting out now are earning more than people that are holding down the same job for a decade. Dh just left a job for this reason, and he was one of the best employees at that company.

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Jul 24 2023, 8:03 pm
amother Crocus wrote:
It's sad that people starting out now are earning more than people that are holding down the same job for a decade. Dh just left a job for this reason, and he was one of the best employees at that company.

When that happened to me I switched jobs

Also employees can ask for raises

amother
Crocus

Post Mon, Jul 24 2023, 8:06 pm
amother Wheat wrote:
When that happened to me I switched jobs

Also employees can ask for raises

Oh he did. They would need to triple his salary for it to be worth it for him to stay, and I don't think they were able to do that.

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Jul 24 2023, 8:07 pm
amother Crocus wrote:
Oh he did. They would need to triple his salary for it to be worth it for him to stay, and I don't think they were able to do that.

Yes same!!
I asked for a raise and got a decent one but still far from what beginners get these days ;(
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries