Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Monsey schools
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
Lily

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 8:42 am
amother OP wrote:
This reminds me of kamtza and bar kamtza. Sorry my event is full to capacity, leave premises now...

So exactly what should they do most schools brought in trailers to accommodate they maxed all they can? I’m not giving right for schools asking for a down payment then they will take your child I think that’s disgusting. But seriously speaking most schools are maxed out fully.

amother
Azure

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 8:44 am
In every large jewish community (Brooklyn, Monsey, Lakewood, Israel, London....) do people have a hard time getting their kids in to schools. It's not a new problem or a Monsey problem. Rabbanim are trying to curb the issue by begging people over and over again to not move without placing their kids first. But people refuse to listen, they don't think that the situation is that bad. But in reality, most schools don't have an extra inch of space and the slots that they do have, need to be saved for siblings. So the schools aren't the bad guys. The Rabbanim aren't the bad guys. But bh our communities are bursting at the seems and people refuse to believe it and are adamant to move only to communities that are bursting at the seems with kids packed in to classrooms like sardines. And if a school does accept a family and asks for a large some of money towards building fee so they can expand, they put up a huge fuss..... (even if everyone currently in the school is paying the same amount building fee.)

amother
Lily

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 8:45 am
amother Azure wrote:
In every large jewish community (Brooklyn, Monsey, Lakewood, Israel, London....) do people have a hard time getting their kids in to schools. It's not a new problem or a Monsey problem. Rabbanim are trying to curb the issue by begging people over and over again to not move without placing their kids first. But people refuse to listen, they don't think that the situation is that bad. But in reality, most schools don't have an extra inch of space and the slots that they do have, need to be saved for siblings. So the schools aren't the bad guys. The Rabbanim aren't the bad guys. But bh our communities are bursting at the seems and people refuse to believe it and are adamant to move only to communities that are bursting at the seems with kids packed in to classrooms like sardines. And if a school does accept a family and asks for a large some of money towards building fee so they can expand, they put up a huge fuss..... (even if everyone currently in the school is paying the same amount building fee.)

Perfectly said

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 8:48 am
amother Azure wrote:

These rabanim have successfully come up with solutions to everything. Can't they successfully launch solutions as in new schools or making space? Besides saying don't move, and thats the easiest way out, do they realize Brooklyn isn't ideal anymore for a family with five plus kids.

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 8:49 am
Yes but suddenly they have place for the "right" family.
And I'm not talking about people moving from Brooklyn.
I know people in Monsey who are sending their first girl after a few boys and can't get in anywhere. Even if they live here for many years. Please don't give the school any rights.
They pick and choose and play hard to get in regardless. Just so that the name should be that they're hard to get into.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 8:50 am
amother Azure wrote:

Lakewood has a vaad, maybe Monsey should open one too

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 8:52 am
amother Lily wrote:
Perfectly said

It sounds like your kids are settled , I hope you never feel what others go through, in any part if your life

amother
Lily

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 8:52 am
amother Apricot wrote:
Yes but suddenly they have place for the "right" family.
And I'm not talking about people moving from Brooklyn.
I know people in Monsey who are sending their first girl after a few boys and can't get in anywhere. Even if they live here for many years. Please don't give the school any rights.
They pick and choose and play hard to get in regardless. Just so that the name should be that they're hard to get into.

Money talks interesting no one says about the landlords that got offered more money for their apartment over a monsey person and they took the city person! Yes monsey people are not either getting accepted at this point and when there are 5 slots open and 200 applicants yes they can be picky.

amother
Lily

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 8:54 am
amother OP wrote:
It sounds like your kids are settled , I hope you never feel what others go through, in any part if your life

Bh I am settled cause I started having kids over 20 years ago, I was kicked out of main monsey cause it was not affordable anymore (city people came highered prices offered more money) I’m monsey born and bred. I moved out I have no school transportation my life ain’t no bunch of roses, but I am seeing the issues first hand.

amother
Azure

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 8:55 am
amother OP wrote:
Lakewood has a vaad, maybe Monsey should open one too

Lakewood has a vaad yet the schooling crisis is the worst than any other frum community...... vaad doesn't mean anything. They have the biggest number of kids without schools.

amother
Azure

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 8:57 am
amother OP wrote:

OP, it seems like you know absolutely nothing about the reality of the situation and you just started this thread to bash Monsey and rabbanim. And you're not even talking about your own kids! It's about your supposed friends kids but all you're doing as bashing. It doesn't seem like you really know what's going on.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 9:07 am
amother Azure wrote:

That's a band -aid, not a fix. The communities don't have enough space for their own communities, so that doesnt do much.

They're just pushing the ball down the road, ignoring the victims it collects along the way. We need to start taking action to accommodate our huge growth. Saying don't move is simply a cop-out and unrealistic
People needing to move is a fact of life. Are people really supposed to put their lives on hold, while our leaders don't get their act together?

amother
Lily

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 9:08 am
amother Oxfordblue wrote:
That's a band -aid, not a fix. The communities don't have enough space for their own communities, so that doesnt do much.

They're just pushing the ball down the road, ignoring the victims it collects along the way. We need to start taking action to accommodate our huge growth. Saying don't move is simply a cop-out and unrealistic
People needing to move is a fact of life. Are people really supposed to put their lives on hold, while our leaders don't get their act together?

If you think it’s that easy please open a school raise funds to extend schools!

amother
Tan

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 9:08 am
amother OP wrote:
I feel like everyone keeps putting garbage on bdy , after all they are the only school who open their hands on all hashems kids disregardless ... it's sickening how the world keeps seeing so much tragedy yet the only explanations the rabanim say to these tragedies is smartphones and tznius... where is vohavta lrechu kemochu? Especially now in sefira, and starting at the rabanim and heads themselves who refuse entry to innocent kids cuz their parents are not the perfect cookie cutter shape?
When Hitler killed 6 million jews he saw us as jews and the that was enough, not as so called labeled nerds or balei batim.

So why doesn’t your friend send there? You’re contradicting yourself. You want schools to accept everyone because otherwise Hashem won’t be proud and here we have 2 schools (munkatch, bdy) who accept easily and people don’t want to send there because too much exposure.
You (general you) have to be consistent. You want to send to a fine school who is not on your standard and your kids should expose everyone, but not send to those schools who are fine with it.
Seems like people just want to bash schools for no reason.
Like I said there are schools that have room. If no one else accepts then you probably fit in there.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 9:11 am
amother Lily wrote:
If you think it’s that easy please open a school raise funds to extend schools!

No one said its easy. Are our leaders only there for the easy issues? Is that why they're so focused on tech and wigs because its an easy target? Precisely because its a difficult thing is why we need our leaders to run with this. If it would be simple, we wouldnt need them and it wouldn't be a crisis.

amother
Azure

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 9:13 am

No one needs to move only to a specific community, that's nonsense. People just want to have their cake and eat it too....
A big part of the problem is also that people only apply & want to send to one specific school and are adamant on that. You must keep and open mind and apply to several schools. I was rejected from 3 schools before my kids go in to their current schools, through begging, and this is without moving....

amother
Lily

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 9:13 am
No one said its easy. Are our leaders only there for the easy issues? Is that why they're so focused on tech and wigs because its an easy target? Precisely because its a difficult thing is why we need our leaders to run with this. If it would be simple, we wouldnt need them and it wouldn't be a crisis.

Monsey barely has unaffiliated rabbonim meaning they have their chassidus and work hard for their chassidim. People’s rav will fight for them. I know many who there rav got them into school.

amother
Azure

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 9:16 am

Our leaders are doing their part. They make sure that their followers are placed in schools. But they can't really help those that only want to send to a specific school and aren't open to anything else.
Our leaders are also doing their part by begging people not to move without a school. What else are they supposed to do? When they're trying to raise funds, people get mad that they're being asked for money. So what exactly are our leaders supposed to do?? People want to do what they please, but rabbanim are the issue.....

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 9:19 am
amother Azure wrote:
No one needs to move only to a specific community, that's nonsense. People just want to have their cake and eat it too....
A big part of the problem is also that people only apply & want to send to one specific school and are adamant on that. You must keep and open mind and apply to several schools. I was rejected from 3 schools before my kids go in to their current schools, through begging, and this is without moving....

Blaming victims. People are limited to certain communities because of jobs and other such life factors. And when you eliminate all the big cities, you eliminate many life options for them.

If you were talking about one city, then perhaps. But the majority of big cities have this problem. Monsey is out, lakewood is out....

That's a ridiculous sentiment. We are so worried about technology, that we fail to see what else is affecting our youth. They dont get into schools, we are limiting their life options..... - this OTD crisis will spiral more and more out of control. It's not technology that's pushing our kids away to this degree - its the life difficulties that we create for them. Who wants to part of a lifestyle that doesn't accept them into schools, severely limits their life options and creates unsustainable effects for them. Yiddishkeit us becoming burdensome and troubling. We are destroying its beauty step by step.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 9:23 am
amother Lily wrote:
Monsey barely has unaffiliated rabbonim meaning they have their chassidus and work hard for their chassidim. People’s rav will fight for them. I know many who there rav got them into school.

As I said previously, friends rav is affiliated with bais rochel but so far he's still working with them ti try ti get he rin. My friend has no smartphone, her kids don't watch , no internet access in the house I can see why she would not send to bnos derech Yisrael. Although she has nothing against it.
Page 3 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating