Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Monsey schools
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
Gardenia

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 11:08 am
amother Apricot wrote:
We're talking here about Erliche people with similar values. There are too many without schools. It's scary and sad.

What Monsey is lacking is more schools. Nuetral good ehrlicha schools.

amother
Gardenia

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 11:12 am
amother OP wrote:
Families that don't belong there as in having TV at home when it's a no no in belz , and not accepting kids cuz the father doesn't wear boots on shabbos, is a big difference. You and your chasidus should reconsider. You would honestly be upset? Are you waiting for God to take care? Shame on this ridiculous mindset....

I don't think its about that. I grew up in belz and 50% of my classmates were not Belz just plain chasidishe girls. Many years later, the chasidishe community grew and the school isn't big enough to fit even their own community ppl in.
I guess talk to to the head of the school maybe you can provide another building or something, I'm sure they will be glad and have place to accept many more kids.

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 11:12 am
Didn’t read through the whole thread, but is there a monsey school for a typical chassidish plain shaitel couple, that one can get into?
My brother is trying to get his daughter into a school for 2 years to no avail.

Not modern at all.

amother
Gardenia

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 11:21 am
amother OP wrote:
What are with all the people that want a school more heimish where technology is a no no or atleast very controled but are unaffiliated with the mains? All these schools exist but impossible to get in

I'm rolling from this comment. In 2023 my neighbors, good ehrlicha ppl like myself, Chasidshe ppl, Send to chasidishe schools.
Satmer, Pupa, Belz, Bobov,Vishnitz etc.
Everyone has hidden or unhidden smartphones, computers, tablets, laptops.
Everybody shops online. Amazon, UPS and Fedex drop packages everyday by most doors.

amother
Azure

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 12:01 pm
amother Gardenia wrote:

But when such a school opens, people don't want to send, because they accept people!! People think that there must be something wrong with a school that accepts easily, so they don't want to send there.

ShishKabob

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 12:05 pm
amother Gardenia wrote:
this

amother
Oak

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 12:23 pm
amother Azure wrote:
But when such a school opens, people don't want to send, because they accept people!! People think that there must be something wrong with a school that accepts easily, so they don't want to send there.

It's not true. Vien and Kesser and Rachmastrivk and plenty other neutral schools had no issue right from the start. We need more such. Like, Bais Brocha, Tomer Devorah, Bais Surah, etc.

amother
Bergamot

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 12:24 pm
I am born and bred monsey and it’s hard enough to get our own into schools. A local should be given a slot over someone moving from the city. Now throw the tomatoes.

The developers should pay a tax that goes toward building new schools (or given to existing schools that are open to expanding)

ShishKabob

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 12:25 pm
amother Oak wrote:
It's not true. Vien and Kesser and Rachmastrivk and plenty other neutral schools had no issue right from the start.
the problem is that they are not neutral. They are super chassidishe. By me neutral means middle of the road, not extreme.

amother
Azure

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 12:28 pm
amother Oak wrote:
It's not true. Vien and Kesser and Rachmastrivk and plenty other neutral schools had no issue right from the start. We need more such. Like, Bais Brocha, Tomer Devorah, Bais Surah, etc.

People are also weary to send to a school that's not under a mosdos or not backed by a rebba.
Also, neutral schools are double the price in tuition than regular chassidish, and not everyone can pay that.

amother
Oak

ShishKabob wrote:
the problem is that they are not neutral. They are super chassidishe. By me neutral means middle of the road, not extreme.

Kesser is super chassidish????

amother
Azure

ShishKabob wrote:

And for some reason, such schools don't work out in Monsey.

amother
Oak

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 12:29 pm
Question: Why does Monsey only have a problem with schools and not chedarim?

ShishKabob

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 12:29 pm
amother Oak wrote:
Kesser is super chassidish????
no, not Kesser, that’s the exception

amother
Oak

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 12:30 pm
ShishKabob wrote:
no, not Kesser, that’s the exception

So there are all kinds. My point was that each of these schools opened with the idea of being a neutral school for the chassidishe oilem, and they had no trouble getting applicants even for the first year.

amother
DarkViolet

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 12:34 pm
amother Oak wrote:

You mean girls vs boys?
Litvish boys definitely have a problem finding schools. There simply aren’t enough

amother
Azure

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 12:35 pm
amother Oak wrote:

I find that people aren't so picky with cheders then they are with schools, that's just my observation.
I also think that cheders accept easier than schools do. My girls and boys go to school/cheder from the same mosdos, and the cheder accepts way easier.

amother
Azure

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 12:36 pm
Another issue is that people that do belong to certain chassidus, don't want to send to the school affiliated with that chassidus, but have a hard time getting accepted to other schools.

Highstrung

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 12:42 pm
amother Oak wrote:

Bais Brocha opened in Monsey. But I guess it will take a few years until they have all grades.

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 1:12 pm
amother Oak wrote:

The problem is not only with schools. Could be schools are harder to get into I don't have girls yet, just had to get my son into cheder and it is not easy at all and impossible in most.
Page 6 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating