Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media
Don't expect influencers not to read your posts about them
Previous  1  2

amother
IndianRed

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 3:15 pm
Who cares if they do? They probably like the attention

alef12

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 3:16 pm
amother Cappuccino wrote:
I doubt it’s one poster.

They have family and friends here. The frum world is a small place.
It’s impossible to expect that they shouldn’t find out.

And guess what. Some of us are also on here. Because we're regular people. I was once a young mother with nursing questions and wig questions and is this thing my baby is doing normal questions. So I joined this site. A long time ago. Before Facebook and Instagram and tiktok. I found this a wonderfully helpful and informative place. Now I find it's been devolving unfortunately

alef12

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 3:17 pm
amother IndianRed wrote:

Loshon Horah about a group of people

Still Loshon Horah

amother
IndianRed

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 3:18 pm
I was responding to the thread title

Chickensoupprof

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 3:47 pm
alef12 wrote:
I don't know. But somehow many people think that the laws of loshon horah go out the window when a person is a public figure. I literally just posted a thread about this...

One Amother specifically said that that loshon hara doesn't apply to FG. Because she is a chotei umachate es haraabim. That is the most hurtful comment I've seen in here in a long time. And she got many likes on that. This is not good, you can't allow it. And then here still it is like ''she is asking for it'' I can't wrap my head around it.

ectomorph

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 3:54 pm
There has to be something else on the internet to talk about.

amother
Darkblue

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 4:07 pm
Can someone point me to the original thread?

chanatron1000

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 5:13 pm
amother IndianRed wrote:

Most people do not enjoy this kind of attention, influencers included.

chanatron1000

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 5:14 pm
amother Darkblue wrote:
Can someone point me to the original thread?

www.imamother.com/forum/viewto.....97605
www.imamother.com/forum/viewto.....97807
www.imamother.com/forum/viewto.....97818

Trademark

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 6:17 pm
amother Honeydew wrote:
“Influencers” (quote’s because the word doesn’t match what they actually are) are normal people who happened to have become famous. On Instagram. Yay them. Why is it ok to speak badly about them?

Being in an influencer is a business, they are doing for the money.

It may have started accidentally, but to keep it up takes a lot and time and effort and is usually a conscious decision. Usually people don't work for free.

Not that you are allowed to talk LH about a business, either way.

The question is, are you allowed to call out a public figure (or anyone online) for posting publicly anti-Torah ideas? I don't know the halachos of LH that well, it's a question for a Rabbi to answer.

Trademark

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 6:24 pm
chanatron1000 wrote:

I would say it depends, a lot of people thrive on controversy and enjoy the hype it brings to their cause.

Of course it also depends on the nature of these comments.

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 8:13 pm
chanatron1000 wrote:

You couldn’t be more wrong
Their entire business is based on the attention and publicity they’ll get

chanatron1000

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 8:14 pm
amother Coral wrote:
You couldn’t be more wrong
Their entire business is based on the attention and publicity they’ll get

That doesn't mean they're not human. Nobody wants to be accused of being responsible for the s-xual harassment they experienced.

amother
Red

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 8:57 pm
There are times that not only is one allowed to - but one is REQUIRED - to protest when a person (public or not - but all the more so when they are public) are harming specific frum people and/or the community -- (especially when they are harming young, impressionable children). Yes, I believe there are different Halachos for a choteh and Machtee es Harabbim - a Rabbi can decide who belongs in this category.

There are times that Halachically one is required to speak. Some examples, do you think it is assur to speak up and warn others about a pedophile who just moved to your neighborhood, is it loshon hora to speak about a rabbi (who is really Reform but tries to hide that) who convinces his congregation to violate serious halachos, is it loshon hora to speak out when someone is claiming to sell kosher food - and it is really treif, is it Loshon Hora to warn someone who is about to naively give a large amount of money to a known scammer? Please realize that just like it is an obligation to some times keep quiet and NOT speak; some times it is an obligation to YES speak up - and protest and protect others from harm.

Just like it is important to ask a Rabbi before saying something that might be Assur to YES say, it is important to ask a Rabbi if one is obligated to YES speak up when they see people (and/or the community) being harmed (physically or their Neshamos).

One also may be REQUIRED to speak up when they are aware that someone is claiming to be frum and publicly trying to convince others of anti-Torah anti-Halacha views that might chv lead to a frum person violating very serious Halachos.

(I am not speaking here about any specific person. I do no have access to Instagram. I am speaking broadly in theory.)
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media