Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Need sand? just venting

yo'ma

Post Wed, May 14 2008, 6:03 pm
If I would keep all the sand from my childrens shoes after they come home from school, I think at the end of the school year I'd have enough for a very large sandbox.
At the playground in their school, the whole floor is sand. All the playgrounds here, the floor is sand. I don't like sand. That's why I don't like the beach, that and the sun.
One of my sandhogs Smile (just read that in a book, but it refers to something else), everytime I take off his shoes, he complains about the sand, he doesn't let me take off his socks because then his feet feel worse.
I MISS NY PLAYGROUNDS!!!! Sad

louche

Post Wed, May 14 2008, 6:20 pm
OTOH, when you fall on sand, it's a lot better than falling on concrete.

yo'ma

Post Wed, May 14 2008, 6:51 pm
louche wrote:
OTOH, when you fall on sand, it's a lot better than falling on concrete.

There are other things besides concrete!

greenfire

Post Wed, May 14 2008, 7:32 pm
yeah there are wood chips ... that splinter you ...

make a sandbox and start collecting ... Wink get some sea shells ... rubber shoes ... like crocs ...

cassandra

Post Wed, May 14 2008, 7:36 pm
I hear ya. I also have a weird sensory thing with sand. I was getting so uncomfortable reading your post.

chaylizi

Post Wed, May 14 2008, 7:38 pm
there is also that playground foam (for the life of me I can't think of what it's called). whenever we went to sand parks as kids- we had to take our shoes off. but the park at school had grass & foam

shopaholic

Post Thu, May 15 2008, 10:35 am
I hate sand! Luckily the playground round here doesnt have a sandbox but the one on 3rd street & Prospect Park West does. I make my kids take their shoes & socks off & then I rinse their feet before we leave. At the beach, everyone puts on flip flops before we get onto the beach.

As a kid my mother never let us play in park sandboxes. She said we'd get lice from them.

louche

Post Thu, May 15 2008, 11:33 am
shopaholic wrote:

As a kid my mother never let us play in park sandboxes. She said we'd get lice from them.

My mother said that dogs relieve themselves in them. Frankly, I think homeless people relieve themselves in them. Then there is the buried broken glass issue...

shopaholic

Post Fri, May 16 2008, 9:45 am
Good points Louche. For my kids, they get their share of sand at the beach where I can see glass & as for urine, they are wearing bathing suits & always shower when we get home.

greenfire

Post Fri, May 16 2008, 10:49 am
my mother won't let us in her house if we have sand ... hose em down outside Twisted Evil

ChossidMom

Post Fri, May 16 2008, 11:04 am
All the playgrounds in my neighborhood have sand.

My 4 year old loooooooves sand. Comes home every day from gan with a HEAD full of it (because she likes to pour it on)

My BED is always full of sand (grrrrr) because if I ever make the mistake of letting my 2 and 4 year olds up on it, they leave a deposit all over.

So, you're not alone.

yo'ma

Post Tue, May 27 2008, 11:09 am
I just found out another reason why I don't like sand, ants. It's all over the place, not literally. But it's getting cold outside, so they're not going to play outside as much, b"h Confused .
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics