Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie?
Previous  1  2

elf123

Post Fri, Nov 13 2009, 10:26 am
I really want to make this for Shabbos lunch. Does anyone know if it can be warmed up on the blech on Shabbos day? As far as I can figure, the only issue would be the re-melting of the choc. chips...Anyone?

gdgirl

Post Fri, Nov 13 2009, 11:55 am
I made one with the recipe I got from yated a while back.
put it in the oven for 10 minuts on 350 and then for like hour and a half on 200 once shabbos started- with automatic shuttoff.we ate it friday night, then I rewarmed two pieces on top of crockpot for shabbos lunch dessert. it worked fine but didnt stay so warm till after we ate the chullent, once the pot of the crockpot wasnt on anymore, so we couldnt continue warming it.
hope that wasnt too confusing...

sky

Post Mon, Nov 16 2009, 11:45 am
elf123 wrote:
I really want to make this for Shabbos lunch. Does anyone know if it can be warmed up on the blech on Shabbos day? As far as I can figure, the only issue would be the re-melting of the choc. chips...Anyone?

I was told with a runny chocolate cake that if the middle becomes soft again when re-heating and it is melted then it is a problem to do on shabbos. I find the same happens with this chocolate chip cookie pie, the middle melts and the choc chips melt, so I don't heat it on shabbos. But check with your LOR if he holds the same.

Gee

Post Mon, Sep 24 2012, 9:30 pm
I know this is an old thread, but I was wondering if Pinktichel ever figured out why her choc chip meltaway pie was coming out raw.... I just followed someone's recipe exactly and have three pies sitting in the oven totally raw.

etky

Post Tue, Sep 25 2012, 4:06 am
OK- this is a very well documented problem with this pie. I stopped making it years ago(pre-internet) because this would happen periodically to me and I got fed up. Recently however I came across a few tips on cooking sites that have helped and might help you too. I still don't make this recipe too often because it is incredibly, sinfully delicious when it does work and I know that willpower will take me just so far....
1. Make sure you beat the eggs at the beginning very well until they are really foamy. The pie will not set up properly if you don't. (Last time I made this I followed this tip and it really helped).
2. Butter/marg. should be at room temp. - soft enough to incorporate easily into batter but definitely not melted and not hard either.
3. Make sure pie crust is defrosted before baking so that the filling gets hot enough for a long enough period of time.
4. Make pie the day before. It really firms up in the fridge and the texture changes completely. If you want to serve it warm them you can reheat it slightly right before you serve it. I don't think it will completely revert to the gooey freshly baked texture.
Good luck!!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics