Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
My Tefila Was Answered
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Dec 18 2022, 8:14 pm
elisheva25 wrote:
The entire year
was anyone answered even if they didn't keep it on the menorah all year?

amother
NeonOrange

Post Sun, Dec 18 2022, 9:03 pm
As I took the menorah out today, I found the note from last year that I forgot about.
Thank you Hashem, for answering partially!!! Will continue davening for the rest.

amother
Dustypink

Post Mon, Dec 19 2022, 3:04 am
I had asked for shidduchim for 2 young women. 1 who was in her 30s got married this year. Hodu l'Hashem!! Was a very special moment when I saw the string with the paper.

amother
Stonewash

Post Mon, Dec 19 2022, 3:11 am
I am so aggravated
My husband found the note attached to the menora a few weeks after Chanuka last year, and threw it out- saying yeshuos come from Hashem and not silly segulos. I'm still davening for my family's yeshuos.

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Dec 19 2022, 7:36 am
The refuah prayer, BH better. Hodu lahashem.....
Shidduchim, so far, no.... I wonder -- is it b/c it was in the bag and not tied? Or, just not the right timing?
or does it mean Hashem sent the possibility but dd said she prefers not? so many options.....This Yr I'll tIe B'EH

amother
Sand

Post Mon, Dec 19 2022, 7:48 am
amother Slateblue wrote:
Shidduchim, so far, no.... I wonder -- is it b/c it was in the bag and not tied? Or, just not the right timing?
or does it mean Hashem sent the possibility but dd said she prefers not? so many options.....This Yr I'll tIe B'EH

Maybe you took it out too early to polish your menorah and you werenโ€™t supposed to ๐Ÿ˜

amother
DarkGreen

Post Mon, Dec 19 2022, 7:53 am
amother Slateblue wrote:

Yes. Definitely. If you attach the note in the bag to your menorah but don't tie it with a fisherman's knot using two layers of baker's twine then Hashem will not answer your prayers. If you're davening for a shidduch you need to make two knots, a fisherman's knot and a square knot, one for the guy and one for the girl. Also when you tie the knots use your left hand only, your right hand if you're a leftie.

amother
DarkGreen

Post Mon, Dec 19 2022, 7:55 am
amother Sand wrote:
Maybe you took it out too early to polish your menorah and you werenโ€™t supposed to ๐Ÿ˜

Of course. Excuse me for not adding this. Don't take out your menorah and polish it until 36 minutes and 36 seconds before the zman. Can't Believe It

amother
Aconite

Post Mon, Dec 19 2022, 8:01 am
On zos Channuka I sat down and wrote a letter thanking hashem for the good in my life and asking hashem for 3 yeshuous for difficult challenges. All three yeshuous are lemala min hateva. I put it with the menorah that was wrapped up for the yr. This year when I took out the menora I saw that one had been answered. Wishing everyone a freilichin channuka and all your bakoshos should be answered

amother
Lily

Post Mon, Dec 19 2022, 8:21 pm
I had a huge list of bakashos and many were solved bh. I can't find the list though it disappeared.
Publicizing these yeshuos.

amother
Papaya

Post Sat, Dec 24 2022, 7:14 pm
amother Papaya wrote:
was anyone answered even if they didn't keep it on the menorah all year?
I must have taken it off when cleaning the menorahs last year, and the shidduchim I davened for didn't happen this past year.

amother
Dimgray

Post Sat, Dec 24 2022, 8:17 pm
Bumping it up again for tomorrow.

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Dec 25 2022, 12:48 am
" I want to give you an amazing Segulah for Zot Chanukkah. Sunday night, when you light eight candles, itโ€™s dream time. Itโ€™s an amazing Segulah to look at all eight flames burning and to cry until the individual flames blur in your vision to form a single enormous fire, and then ask for a miracle from the depths of your heart.The Ruzhiner Rebbe writes: "facing the eights candle, even the simplest Jew can achieve through prayer what not even the greatest Tzaddik can achieve through his Neโ€™ilah davening." Even when weโ€™re mired in our own numbers, we can see the end. Suddenly, out of nowhere, a new beginning is revealed. May we be able to dream and see it come true" Rebbetzin Yamima Mizrachi

ChossidMom

Post Sun, Dec 25 2022, 1:47 am
Chanukah is a time that is "mesugal" for miracles.
We are not commemorating a miracle that happened many years ago. We say ื‘ื™ืžื™ื ื”ื”ื ื‘ื–ืžืŸ ื”ื–ื”.
In THIS time. Miracles are in the air NOW and we can daven for them.
I don't think that this means davening to "lose weight". To lose weight you actually have to do something. Maybe ask God for the strength to do what you have to do. Davening for miracles, in my mind, means davening for certain BIG things that we do not necessarily have control of (the outcome, anyway) - shidduchim, parnassa, nachas, or changing the mind or behavior of another person. These are things where we do our hishtadlus but the outcome often does not correlate to what we are doing.
The half hour that the candles are lit are a time of tremendous holiness and potential. I didn't know about this before I married a chossid. Today, I sit there and stare at the flames, davening my heart out. I daven that my children should be full of light and spread it all over. I daven for shidduchim. I daven for parnassa. I recognize that this light is the "Or Haganuz" that became hidden to us after Adam Harishon was sent out of Gan Eden. I try to immerse my whole being in this light. By the way, I learned once that the Chanukah lights are mechaper (atonement) for transgressions we do with our eyes (like Matza is atonement for things we do with our mouths, and Shofar is for transgressions we do with our ears).
Candle lighting on Chanukah is a half our of tremendous potential. Everyone can do what they want with this time. God gave us choice. It is good to educate oneself on the potential though, so as not to waste the time talking about current events (even if is bonding time with the family). We all sit around, sing and daven.
And even when our tefilos are not answered YET we don't decide that it's pointless to daven.

The segula with the menorah - I never knew about it or did it. But it is just that - a segula. You musn't put all your hope in a particular segula and turn it into idol worship. Life and yiddishkeit just doesn't work like that.
May Mashiach come speedily in our days. And in the meantime, may we all merit the yeshuos that we need.

amother
Impatiens

Post Sun, Dec 25 2022, 4:32 am
ChossidMom wrote:
Chanukah is a time that is "mesugal" for miracles.
We are not commemorating a miracle that happened many years ago. We say ื‘ื™ืžื™ื ื”ื”ื ื‘ื–ืžืŸ ื”ื–ื”.
In THIS time. Miracles are in the air NOW and we can daven for them.
I don't think that this means davening to "lose weight". To lose weight you actually have to do something. Maybe ask God for the strength to do what you have to do. Davening for miracles, in my mind, means davening for certain BIG things that we do not necessarily have control of (the outcome, anyway) - shidduchim, parnassa, nachas, or changing the mind or behavior of another person. These are things where we do our hishtadlus but the outcome often does not correlate to what we are doing.
The half hour that the candles are lit are a time of tremendous holiness and potential. I didn't know about this before I married a chossid. Today, I sit there and stare at the flames, davening my heart out. I daven that my children should be full of light and spread it all over. I daven for shidduchim. I daven for parnassa. I recognize that this light is the "Or Haganuz" that became hidden to us after Adam Harishon was sent out of Gan Eden. I try to immerse my whole being in this light. By the way, I learned once that the Chanukah lights are mechaper (atonement) for transgressions we do with our eyes (like Matza is atonement for things we do with our mouths, and Shofar is for transgressions we do with our ears).
Candle lighting on Chanukah is a half our of tremendous potential. Everyone can do what they want with this time. God gave us choice. It is good to educate oneself on the potential though, so as not to waste the time talking about current events (even if is bonding time with the family). We all sit around, sing and daven.
And even when our tefilos are not answered YET we don't decide that it's pointless to daven.

The segula with the menorah - I never knew about it or did it. But it is just that - a segula. You musn't put all your hope in a particular segula and turn it into idol worship. Life and yiddishkeit just doesn't work like that.
May Mashiach come speedily in our days. And in the meantime, may we all merit the yeshuos that we need.

I always have this question.

how can we daven that someone else change theirmind/behaviour?

it their bechirah?

ChossidMom

Post Sun, Dec 25 2022, 5:22 am
amother Impatiens wrote:

it their bechirah?

Because Hashem can make it happen.
Does it not say ืœื‘ ืฉืจื™ื ื•ืžืœื›ื™ื ื‘ื™ื“ื™ ื”'?
Did Hashem not harden Pharoah's heart?

The same Hashem that hardens hearts can soften them.
He is Kol Yachol and can do everything.

We exercise our free will but Hashem can change our will to will something else.

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Dec 25 2022, 5:40 am
I did not read the entire post so Iโ€™m not sure if it was answered
We did this last year and still waiting for a yeshua

What do we do with last yearโ€™spaper?

Do we write a new one this year or keep the old one on?
Itโ€™s been on all of Chanukah
Specifically for Shiduchim if it makes a difference

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Dec 25 2022, 6:00 am
amother Impatiens wrote:

it their bechirah?

In Shemoneh Esrei, the requests are all plural. For insight, health, parnasa, the removal of yagon v'anacha, inner peace and more.
We can ask Hashem to give them good opportunities and strength.
And know that even if we don't see obvious peiros from our tefillos, no tefilla is wasted.

amother
Impatiens

Post Sun, Dec 25 2022, 6:11 am
PinkFridge wrote:
In Shemoneh Esrei, the requests are all plural. For insight, health, parnasa, the removal of yagon v'anacha, inner peace and more.
We can ask Hashem to give them good opportunities and strength.
And know that even if we don't see obvious peiros from our tefillos, no tefilla is wasted.

I dont understand?

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Dec 25 2022, 6:13 am
amother Impatiens wrote:
I dont understand?

I'll try again. The question is, how can you daven for another person's bechira? To me it seems, we daven for other people for so many other things, including insight, that v'haser yagon v'anacha, inner peace (which I've heard many people say is included in Sim Shalom). And that's just Shemoneh Esrei. We also say Birchas Hachodesh in lashon rabim where we ask for all sorts of spiritual needs to be filled.
So it seemed that we can daven that another make good choices.
And like all tefillos, we shouldn't get discouraged if our tefillos don't seem to be fulfilled.
Page 8 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational