Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
No kiss on the cheek please
Previous  1  2

cdawnr

Post Wed, Apr 02 2008, 9:00 am
And Apple Pie, I have the opposite. Wemoved to Montreal where they kiss twice and I NEVER remember the second cheek.

I'm moe on Yo'ma's style to begin with, so all the kissee kissee up here is not my favorite.

Funny Story: When dh and I came up here to meet the fam. We went to his former step-mom's (with whom he was still close as she had been his step mom for 12 yrs before she and dad divorced). She is French Canadian. She kissed me, both cheeks, hello, but didn't kiss me at all on the way out. We got in the car and I said-um, she doesn't like me. DH said, what ever makes you say that?
Ha ha on her (but now, 3 step-grandkids later, she is very nice--but I will probably never forget.)

amother

Post Wed, Apr 02 2008, 11:02 am
I'm a giyores from a very traditional WASP family, and it was very hard for me to get used to all the kissing, hugging, and pinching. I always assumed it was just me, so I'm glad to know that different Jewish communities have different customs.

louche

Post Wed, Apr 02 2008, 11:26 am
A kiss on the cheek may be
Quite Continental,
But "Hi there" is a girl's best friend.

A kiss may be sweet
And it's so sentimental
But it's way too close
To my daled amos.

I'm not cold,
But you're too bold
And I like you much better from far.

But smile at me sweetly,
You'll charm me quite neatly.
"Hi there" is a girl's best friend.

chavs

Post Wed, Apr 02 2008, 11:57 am
unless I am close with ppl I do not like physical contact. Kisses for dh and kids only. Good friends hugs. Thats it.

amother

Post Wed, Apr 02 2008, 11:59 am
I feel like I married into an italian family. During the engagement every time my mil would give me gift the kissing would be as follows:
when we first see each other a hello kiss, mwa mwa
next when I got whatever gift they were giving me, mwa mwa thank you
when everyone got up because she and my fil were ready to leave, mwa mwa
of course I walked them out till the car, shmoozed some more and then when she was ready to get into the car another mwa mwa.
Im not a touchy feely person, I hate it with a passion, so now most of the time that I see my mil, I tell her that I have a cold and can't kiss her now or I just give a quick half in the air kiss on her cheek.
eeewwwee!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics