Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Need good LOW FAT supper ideas!

Mommy007

Post Tue, Apr 01 2008, 11:59 am
My husband and I are really trying to watch ourseleves...any good recipes for low fat meals? Thanks...

flowerpower

Post Tue, Apr 01 2008, 12:00 pm
any kind of chicken cooked or baked without the skin

baked chicken cutlets

fish, baked salmos is so so healthy

rise above

Post Tue, Apr 01 2008, 12:19 pm
chicken stir fry- I make it with pam, chicken cutlets, bag of stir fry veggies, minute whole grain rice.

its one pan, filling, healthy supper!

if you buy a box of minute whole grain rice, there are recipes on the back that are really good. you can skip the sauce in any recipe and just use spices.

greeneyes

Post Tue, Apr 01 2008, 3:43 pm
My DH has been trying to lose weight, so I've been trying to make my meals even healthier than I usually do. In general, I try to make sure that there's a protein, complex carbohydrate, & vegetable at each meal. Here are some of our favorites, feel free to ask for the recipe for anything that piques your interest:

-chicken curry, brown rice, cooked vegetable (string beans, asparagus, cauliflower, broccoli etc)
-tuna patties, sesame noodles (whole wheat), fresh salad
-ground chicken or turkey meatballs, whole wheat spaghetti, cooked vegetable
-split pea soup, whole wheat pasta with mozzarella & tomato sauce, fresh salad
-baked southern style chicken, brown rice with tomato chutney, cooked vegetable
-smoked turkey on whole wheat bread sandwiches, fresh salad
-tilapia with sauteed vegetables, mashed potatoes, cooked vegetable
-honey dijon chicken wraps (I use whole grain Ezekiel wraps), fresh salad

rachie

Post Tue, Apr 01 2008, 10:51 pm
your recipes sound so good! how you make the baked southern fried chicken and the honey dijon chicken wraps?

momof6

Post Tue, Apr 01 2008, 11:42 pm
greeneyes YUM!
Great ideas!

greeneyes

Post Wed, Apr 02 2008, 3:47 pm
Thanks! Very Happy

Here's how I make the honey dijon chicken wraps:

1. Slice an onion & sautee over a medium flame until soft.
2. Cut chicken cutlets into bite size pieces. Place chicken on top of the onions in the pan. Cook the chicken until no longer pink, turning pieces once.
3. Make the honey dijon sauce: mix light mayo, honey, and a bit of dijon mustard. I don't have an exact recipe, I just estimate & then taste it. (You can use regular mustard if you don't have dijon.)
4. Assemble the wraps! Spread the honey dijon sauce on the wrap, & top with the chicken & onions. You can add lettuce & tomato, if you like.

These wraps are simple to prepare, & along with a salad, they make a great dinner. We also make cajun chicken wraps, which are delicious as well. To make the cajun sauce, mix light mayo, cajun seasoning, cayenne pepper, & a bit of seasoned salt. Just substitute the cajun sauce for the honey dijon sauce, & you have a whole new twist.

I got the recipe for the baked southern style chicken from the cookbook Quick & Kosher. It's really good!

Here's the recipe:

1 chicken, cut into 8 pieces (I just use bottoms)
1 T. McCormick fried chicken seasoning (I couldn't find this spice so I just used a few shakes of seasoned salt)
2 T. light mayo
1 T. dijon mustard
3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
non-stick cooking spray

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 inch pan with non-stick cooking spray.

Rinse chicken & pat dry. Pull off skin using a dry paper towel & place chicken into prepared pan.

Rub fried chicken seasoning (or seasoned salt) into the chicken.

Mix may & mustard, & then spread over chicken, coating all surfaces. Coat both sides of chicken with bread crumbs & arrange in prepared pan. Liberally spray non-stick spray over chicken.

Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees, for 1 hour. (I baked mine a bit longer.) Chicken should be nicely browned & crunchy. Serve immediately.

MahPitom

Post Wed, Apr 02 2008, 5:34 pm
Will your dh be willing to transition over to new tastes? If yes, make wraps! Put lean protein and lots of filler veggies.. you can bake/grill peppers of all color and thro in some deli & mustard. Mustard is fat free, mayo is… high fat!

Also, make a salad for supper!

Switch to rice as your main carb intake, instead of potato and pasta. You can make rice with veggies, rice with sautéed cabbage, rice with milk & vanilla as a soup! Endless!

Mommy007

Post Sun, Apr 06 2008, 8:37 pm
Does anyone have a good salmon terriyaki low fat (somewhat) recipe? thanx!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey