Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Bad diaper rash
1  2  Next

WaitingtoDeliver

Post Sun, Feb 10 2008, 9:14 am
my 14-month old dd has a terrible diaper rash that has been going on for about a week. At its worst, her tush bleeds in little areas and is so painful during changing. I feel terrible. I have tried different diaper creams, powder, cow-cream, a lot of air time. nothing helps.

any ideas?

my daughter's tush will be so grateful!

zigi

Post Sun, Feb 10 2008, 9:27 am
it could be an infection tell your doctor about it he may be able to help

myfriends715

Post Sun, Feb 10 2008, 10:25 am
sounds like a yeast infection.. go to ur dr. he will perscribe antibiotics.. it wont go away by itself

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sun, Feb 10 2008, 1:04 pm
I was going to say fungus infection. Definitely take baby to the dr. You need an antifungal if it is.
Otherwise, try triple paste. It's supposed to be the best.

Squash

Post Sun, Feb 10 2008, 1:05 pm
It's a good idea to see the doc. But something you can try in the meantime: olive oil and corn starch. Works wonders. Another thing: deoderant cream from shaklee.

gigi

Post Sun, Feb 10 2008, 1:09 pm
we just went through a sever 2 month ling diaper rash episode..
we tried every cream.. powder..
went to the doctor.. got prescription cream (which actually made it worse..)
here is what finally worked for us..

a lot of naked time
wash tushy off in sink after every poop.
no wipes, we used olive oil and tissues to clean him off.
wearing only cloth diapers..
we had to buy cloth. and use it for a month....
now that the rash has cleared, he can finally go back into regular diapers.

Seraph

Post Sun, Feb 10 2008, 1:21 pm
is ur baby allergic to any food? theres a baby I watch with terrible diaper rash- he was in the er bec it bled so much. turns out hes allergic to the milk in his formula...

mamacita

Post Sun, Feb 10 2008, 4:23 pm
If it is a fungus then cornstarch will be yummy food for it, so beware.

My daughter just had something similar with bumps, spots, the whole deal. It actually got better when I stopped using cream on it, just about the same time I was going to take her to the dr. B"H it's fading quickly after just 2 days of no cream. I tried letting her go around without a diaper, but she doesn't like that, hehe.

Nomad

Post Sun, Feb 10 2008, 8:42 pm
you can try monistat. if its fungal that should help it go away.
since her tushy is raw you can also try using wipes by lansinoh (they are pricier, but gentler on the tushy - which can let it heal)

imokay

Post Sun, Feb 10 2008, 8:56 pm
don't know if it's a fungis or yeast infection, etc.
but if it is a diaper rash, the best treatment that always has worked for my kids' worst rashes is this:
in equal parts, mix:
-mylanta (yes the stomache antiacid)
-aveeno mositurizing lotion
-diaper rash cream with zinc oxide (ie: balmext, desitin)
mix and apply liberally.

pninay

Post Sun, Feb 10 2008, 9:25 pm
if you are breastfeeding, you can leave the baby naked and rub some of your breast milk on the baby's tush... but you should def ask ur doctor about it.

also, after the diaper rash goes away ... use Desitin cream on the tush after every diaper change.

abismommy

Post Mon, Feb 11 2008, 1:09 am
Quote:
also, after the diaper rash goes away ... use Desitin cream on the tush after every diaper change.

or vaseline to prevent a rash - cheaper and works well.

amother

Post Mon, Feb 11 2008, 1:29 am
lansinoh nipple cream works great - but check first if she's allergic to something she's eating. make sure she's not drinking orange juice - will definitely exacerbate it.

gonnaBaDesigner

Post Thu, Feb 14 2008, 12:47 pm
WaitingtoDeliver wrote:
my 14-month old dd has a terrible diaper rash that has been going on for about a week. At its worst, her tush bleeds in little areas and is so painful during changing. I feel terrible. I have tried different diaper creams, powder, cow-cream, a lot of air time. nothing helps.

any ideas?

my daughter's tush will be so grateful!

My 13 month old son had/has the same thing. I took him to the doctor and she said that it's a staff infection and gave me a perscription for it called Mupirocin. It helped right away from just putting it on his tush 3x a day! His rash went away and so I stopped putting it on, but it came back, so I'm continuing to put it on. Ask your pediatrician about it. It's nothing to worry about. My pediatrician said that everyone has staff in their body and some people experience the rash when the staff comes out onto the skin, something like that. Just take her to the doctor. They're small tubes, so make sure you get a few refills on it. Good luck and don't worry! Let me know if it works for you to.

abismommy

Post Thu, Feb 14 2008, 12:51 pm
a little off topic, but being that you mentioned a staph infection...
that can become VERY dangerous - turns into sepsis (blood poisoning) which is life-threatening, C"V. staph infections on the skin are called impetigo, I think, and we had that go around the house for a few weeks. it is VERY contagious, so even washing the towels and cleaning toilet seats all the time wasn't enough. treated with mupirocin (bactroban is the brand-name) and it did all go away.
Refuah sheleima!

gonnaBaDesigner

Post Fri, Feb 15 2008, 12:21 pm
Thanks for adding this, I didn't know this and the doctor didn't seem too concerned when she saw his rash. I'll keep that in mind now.

anuta

Post Fri, Feb 15 2008, 1:04 pm
what helped us with bad diper rashes was applying the gel of Aloe on it. Usually once or twice for overnight cleared it up.

WaitingtoDeliver

Post Mon, Feb 18 2008, 7:55 pm
Thank You! Thank you!

I just saw all the replies to this post...and I really appreciate everyone's ideas. Now I just need to decide which to try first!

momof2and2

Post Mon, Feb 18 2008, 7:58 pm
egg whites maybe if the baby isn't allergic to eggs (VERY IMPORTANT!!!)

happymom

Post Mon, Feb 18 2008, 9:01 pm
I think you should take her to the Dr. your doctor should be able to give you a cream that can take it away quickly. As far as changing diapers... can u just bathe her there instead of wiping... that can feel alot better then the baby wipes. its good to make sure its dry before u put on her diaper and then put some powder like cornstarch or baby powder after the cream... I hope it gets better soon!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics