Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Nicknames for Mordechai
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Mommish

Post Tue, Dec 25 2007, 7:43 pm
My nephew is Momo

baseballmom

Post Tue, Dec 25 2007, 7:47 pm
mimivan wrote:

Anyone remember Mork from Ork LOL (really dating myself)
Na-Nu-Na-Nu...

I LOVED THAT SHOW!!!!!!!!!! - Robin Williams...right?

mimivan

Post Tue, Dec 25 2007, 7:53 pm
One of his first roles (or was that Popeye?)

Last edited by mimivan on Tue, Dec 25 2007, 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

bashinda

Post Tue, Dec 25 2007, 8:00 pm
mimivan wrote:
Gee, I wonder what would happen if my son were having bad experiences in school with a Mendy...that would be really rough...because there are so many of them LOL

I know of a Mordechai who goes by Mo, but you might not want that....maybe you do...

He isn't by any chance Big Mo of Ascent?

mimivan

Post Tue, Dec 25 2007, 8:02 pm
Bashinda...we ARE the same person!!
Dh used to work there...that's where DH and I were matched up...(not by Mo, but another friend)
I was talking to dh about this thread and said maybe if we ever decide to use the name, he could be "Little Mo."

bashinda

Post Tue, Dec 25 2007, 8:06 pm
mimivan wrote:
So how about this...

Isn't the formula for Jewish nicknames sometimes to put a "k" sound after the first syllable..

like Noam=Noke
Shneur =Shnake
Yehoshua =Yoshke (yes, some people still call Yehoshuas this...don't ask me how I know.. embarrassed and I think they were joking around )

So, wouldn't it be perfectly Jewish to call a Mordechai Mork?

Anyone remember Mork from Ork LOL (really dating myself)
Na-Nu-Na-Nu...

You are making me laugh. I'm your age so of course I know about Mork.

I have a Mordechai although it's his second name so I just call him by both names.

bashinda

Post Tue, Dec 25 2007, 8:08 pm
mimivan wrote:

He's Jewish too..

This came first I think and he's not Jewish can you believe it? He had a lot of Jewish friends and it kind of rubbed off on his style but I don't think he's Jewish at all.

bashinda

Post Tue, Dec 25 2007, 8:13 pm
mimivan wrote:
Dh used to work there...that's where DH and I were matched up...(not by Mo, but another friend)
I was talking to dh about this thread and said maybe if we ever decide to use the name, he could be "Little Mo."

I should really have quoted all this in one post so forgive me. That's hilarious though but I figured it made the most sense. What was your DH doing at ascent? I was very briefly one of the girls who took hosts to the shul Shabbos and to meals and cleaned up from shalosh seuda.

I like "little mo" LOL! My DH went to yeshiva with Big Mo in Mo-town actually. (no not Detroit)

iKreamswirls

Post Tue, Dec 25 2007, 10:42 pm
We used to nickname or little brother Moche, which I think is the cutest nickname in the world!! lol

mimivan

Post Tue, Dec 25 2007, 11:17 pm
bashinda wrote:
mimivan wrote:

He's Jewish too..

This came first I think and he's not Jewish can you believe it? He had a lot of Jewish friends and it kind of rubbed off on his style but I don't think he's Jewish at all.

Checked wiki...you're right...he isn't..

mimivan

Post Tue, Dec 25 2007, 11:19 pm
bashinda wrote:
mimivan wrote:

I should really have quoted all this in one post so forgive me. That's hilarious though but I figured it made the most sense. What was your DH doing at ascent? I was very briefly one of the girls who took hosts to the shul Shabbos and to meals and cleaned up from shalosh seuda.

I like "little mo" LOL! My DH went to yeshiva with Big Mo in Mo-town actually. (no not Detroit)

Oh, DH was there from 1999-2002 (maybe even from 1998...I'm not sure though)...were you there at that time?

TzenaRena

Post Tue, Dec 25 2007, 11:23 pm
mimivan wrote:
So how about this...

Isn't the formula for Jewish nicknames sometimes to put a "k" sound after the first syllable..

like Noam=Noke
Shneur =Shnake
Yehoshua =Yoshke (yes, some people still call Yehoshuas this...don't ask me how I know.. embarrassed and I think they were joking around )

So, wouldn't it be perfectly Jewish to call a Mordechai Mork?
Actually, the resultant name would be "Motke" (not related to our Motek by typo Wink) My nephew is sometimes affectionately called that.

leomom

Post Tue, Dec 25 2007, 11:31 pm
TzenaRena wrote:
Which reminds me how every summer during my childhood, on our way up to the country, we would look for the sign halfway up one of the mountains that said "Mottel on the Mountain" (somewhere past West Point and Bear Mountain) Okay, so they spelled it with one "t". Very Happy

So cute! LOL

bashinda

Post Tue, Dec 25 2007, 11:31 pm
iKreamswirls wrote:
We used to nickname or little brother Moche, which I think is the cutest nickname in the world!! lol

that sounds like a coffee drink.

oh and mimivan I pm'd you.

technic

Post Wed, Dec 26 2007, 5:55 am
iKreamswirls wrote:

only if ur family name ISNT "dachuk" Wink

mummy-bh

Post Wed, Dec 26 2007, 5:59 am
Tech, I'm laughing so much now that my toddler sitting next to me playing w/ the plasticine (am I a sucker for punishment or what!) keeps asking me "wha' funny mummy?"

mimivan

Post Wed, Dec 26 2007, 5:59 am
Rolling Laughter

technic

Post Wed, Dec 26 2007, 6:03 am
m-bh I hope it helps her get over yesterdays trauma!!! Very Happy

rms28

Post Sat, Dec 29 2007, 10:05 pm
I had a friend growing up and everyone called him "Dooky" - I never even knew his full name but I guess it had to be mordechai!

GAMZu

Post Sat, Dec 29 2007, 10:48 pm
yy wrote:
TzenaRena wrote:
Which reminds me how every summer during my childhood, on our way up to the country, we would look for the sign halfway up one of the mountains that said "Mottel on the Mountain" (somewhere past West Point and Bear Mountain) Okay, so they spelled it with one "t". Very Happy

So cute! LOL

hahahahahhahahaha!!!
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names