Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Do you iron your linen?
1  2  Next

DO YOU IRON YOUR LINEN?
YES  
 10%  [ 7 ]
NO  
 89%  [ 59 ]
Total Votes : 66

iKreamswirls

Post Tue, Dec 18 2007, 9:34 pm
Have a couple of differnt linen sets. Really fance ones only use for special ocassions. However have 1 very practical set, use for everyday I iron it although when purchased lady said won't have to iron. I wash linen very often, and its become hassle to iron each time.

Do you iron your linen after washing?

Twizzlers

Post Tue, Dec 18 2007, 9:48 pm
you mean people are actually bored enough to do such things??? shock

flowerpower

Post Tue, Dec 18 2007, 9:54 pm
I have enough things to do, this one isnt necessary

Clarissa

Iron linen? Iron? Oh yes, that thing that I use as a paperweight, behind the tv table. Kind of dusty, but I think I remember it. Gets really hot if you plug it in, right?

(Actually, I do have cloth napkins that I use for company, and I do iron them before using. Luckily I don't entertain very often.)

First Lady

I think if one irons their linen they should do it all the way and iron it every day after they wake up since it becomes creased after sleeping on it.

momluv

Post Tue, Dec 18 2007, 10:12 pm
when I first got married I did but priorities changed over time and now that's history.

mumoo

Post Tue, Dec 18 2007, 10:16 pm
I have four of the no-stain tablecloths that can hang folded to dry. they come out perfectly clean and pressed and have for the last eight years.

as for bed linen Rolling Laughter we have 12 beds, not including the fold out couch and futon

and dh irons his own shirts

RedRuby

Post Tue, Dec 18 2007, 10:20 pm
No, never. But I recently got new linen (for the master bedroom) and the thought crossed my mind that I could easily iron the pillowcases, since they are the only part that "show" when the beds are made up.

But it only crossed my mind...didn't actually take out the iron.

It may have been a moment of insanity.

Yeah, probably.

gigi

Post Tue, Dec 18 2007, 10:24 pm
do you mean bed linen??
cus if you do...
why would you iron something that's going to be all messy from sleeping in it anyway?! Confused

momluv

Post Tue, Dec 18 2007, 10:30 pm
if you're like me then you'd understand the point in ironing linen. my linen could hang around without being folded for quite some time and by the time it gets folded it has many more wrinkles than the oldest grandpa you know. it looks a bit more presentable when ironed.

traveler

Post Tue, Dec 18 2007, 10:31 pm
I guess I'm the only crazy one that Irons my linen. Actually I leave it for my cleaning lady but yes it must get ironed. My set is 2 years old and still looks brand new. I wash it in cold water, hang dry (over my dinning room chairs) in the morning my cleaning lady irons it. It takes her around 30 - 45 min. but my linen after 2 years looks brand-spankin new and all I have is 2 sets to alternate. So if you are a bit fanatic like me and want everything to look brand new and beautiful go for the ironing. If you have house help, get her ironing.

Mimisinger

Post Tue, Dec 18 2007, 10:53 pm
Dh's grandmother used to iron her dh's underwear!

I'm just not on that madrega - or this one...Smile

Purplehair

Post Tue, Dec 18 2007, 10:56 pm
Iron linens??? You have got to be kidding!
I iron tops and skirts. That's more than a lot of people I know.

miriamnechama

Post Wed, Dec 19 2007, 3:00 am
no way, have enough to do... though I know someone who soes Wink

shalhevet

Post Wed, Dec 19 2007, 3:06 am
I didn't quite get why someone posted this question on asarah b'Teves, instead of on Purim. What

To the poster above whose cleaning lady spends 45 minutes ironing her sheets, may you always have parnosso b'shefa that you will be able to pay someone to keep them looking like new. (And how many new sets could you have bought with 45 minutes cleaning help x 52 weeks x 2 years?)

First Lady

Post Wed, Dec 19 2007, 3:15 am
Shelhevet what's wrong with the question? What

tm

Post Wed, Dec 19 2007, 3:16 am
never even dreamed of it.

Newsie

Post Wed, Dec 19 2007, 3:18 am
Wow. I second Shalhevet's bracha to you. I can;t believe there are three people who iron their linen. I am blown away. It's funny, there's all these things that I have in the back of my mind to do when all the housework is done (which never happens!) and ironing linen has never shown up in the top ten. (or top thousand for that matter) But Kol HaKavod to those who do it- your houses must be beyond spotless if that's something that is being done. Im Yirtzeh Hashem by me. (The spotless house, not the ironing linen)

loveit

Post Wed, Dec 19 2007, 4:17 am
First Lady wrote:
I think if one irons their linen they should do it all the way and iron it every day after they wake up since it becomes creased after sleeping on it.

Rolling Laughter

Umm, I have been known to send stuff to the dry cleaner just so I don't have to iron it embarrassed

We don't even own an ironing board, although we do have one of those garment steamers that you hang the item on and steam out the wrinkles, it was fun at first but it hasn't been used in a while.

NEver occured to me to iron bed linens - nice tablecloths go to the cleaners anyway and the cheap one's don't wrinkle when I fold them right away.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Dec 19 2007, 9:06 am
I think my mil's maid ironed everything... even kitchen rags... I told dh I was NOT ironing anything. Most clothes today are made to be worn without needing ironing.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry