Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Crockpot Dinner Ideas
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Mimisinger

Post Mon, Jan 07 2008, 9:21 pm
Thanks Mummie - Dinner was AMAZING!

I ended up putting, a cup of rice and a cup of water with some salt. Laid the pieces of chicken on top, added red pepper, carrots and celery and my dh got this amazing spice mix at pereg and I sprinkled that on. I let it cook and presto, it was amazing! I did add a little water because I got nervous, and next time, I would put the spice mix in the rice, because it didn't get wet enough, but it was delicious and fast and wonderful! Tomorrow, I'm trying the stuffed peppers. I would love any other ideas you have incl. the meat sauce and pasta! YAYAYAY!

mummiedearest

Post Mon, Jan 07 2008, 9:46 pm
glad you liked it! I'll post the meatsauce when I can type with two hands.

Mimisinger

Post Mon, Jan 07 2008, 9:49 pm
Thanks!

mummiedearest

Post Tue, Jan 08 2008, 11:19 am
meatsauce and pasta:

1 pack ground beef
1 lg can whole tomatoes
soysauce to taste
1 box pasta

either boil pasta halfway or place raw pasta in bottom of crockpot. crumble meat into crockpot, add canned tomatoes with liquid and soysauce. add spices if you want. if the pasta was partially cooked it can be added on top of the meat.

low for 8 hrs. can be kept on warm for shabbos day.

my toddler loves this.

Mimisinger

Post Tue, Jan 08 2008, 11:27 am
Sounds great Thanks!

Tonight we're having stuffed peppers - I took meat and leftover stuffing from shabbos - mixed together, stuffed into green peppers, added zucchini and eggplant to pot and a bottle of tom. juice - and I forgot the spices, so I added some just now.

Tehilla

Post Tue, Jan 08 2008, 11:31 am
I have another besides my chili recipe...

chicken (boneless white meat), celery, tomatos, mushrooms, and white cooking wine. throw it all in with water and whatever spices make you happy.

serve over rice. if anyone really wants a more detailed recipe PM me.

also I have a book called crockpot cooking that cost $1. I can flip through it if anyone wants also...

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Jan 09 2008, 11:34 am
crockpot meatloaf:

ground beef
matza meal
eggs
ketchup
mustard
potatoes

combine all ing other than potatoes. form into a loaf. chop potatoes into chunks, place on bottom of the crockpot. add some water. place meatloaf on top of potatoes and decorate top with more ketchup and mustard.
low 8 hrs. good for next day.

note: you can purchase a meat rack for some crockpots. if you have one, no need for the potatoes (but they taste good, so why not). the loaf should not be placed on the pot itself.

Mimisinger

Post Wed, Jan 09 2008, 11:40 am
Interesting. The stuffed peppers came out great, but dh did not like the peppers - he felt they were too soft, but loved the meat. I also NEVER buy beef so it was a treat. I'm going to try salmon tonight, I'll tell you how it turns out.

I'm going to try the meat sauce and meat loaf with turkey...beef is just not good for us.

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Jan 09 2008, 11:46 am
sounds good. my husband doesn't really like turkey, so we go with beef. Smile

I;d love to know how it comes out, though, my toddler likes turkey, and I find crockpots are good for large batches to freeze.

anuta

Post Tue, Jan 15 2008, 8:04 pm
mummiedearest wrote:
anuta--

how'd your recipe turn out? I want to make it this week.

sorry I didn't see your post earlier.
It was very mushy -was too much liquid. And my husband mixed it all up too well, and the chicken fell of the bones, so it was full of small bones... My husband and kids refused to eat it because it didn't look too appetizing; but I took it for lunch for a few days. It was DELICIOUS! But ugly...

mummiedearest

Post Tue, Jan 15 2008, 8:09 pm
anuta-

thanks for responding. thinking about it now, maybe I'll use your recipe but leave out the water. hm...

PeanutButter

Post Tue, Jan 29 2008, 11:18 am
Those recipes seem delicious! Hmmm.... I can almost smell the chicken and the rice simmering in the crockpot!!

But, my dh doesn't care for 'cooked chicken', so, I usually cook other type of meat in the crockpot, like beef, etc.

Any recipes from our 'great chefs' out there to share?!

When I make a crockpot supper, I like to have everything in there: the meat, side dish & vegetable... Any ideas?!?

Thank You!

boruchhashem

Post Tue, Jan 29 2008, 5:00 pm
I just made parve cholent. Beans, potatoes, and spices, that I usually put in my shabbos cholent. To the end, I added parve franks, cut up. It is yummy.

Beauticianista

Post Tue, Jun 17 2008, 11:16 am
If I want to use chicken cutlets do I do something different; add more water...?

Pizza

Post Tue, Jun 17 2008, 2:31 pm
If you are having a crockpot meal for dinner during the week, I find it most helpful to prepare the ingredients the night before, and stick it in a container, or the crock liner, into the fridge. That way in the morning you just have to put it into the electric element and put it on. When you walk in the door after a long day, and everyone needs your attention and is hungry... DINNER IS READY.

If you want to be supermom, try setting the table for dinner the night before also.

Very Happy

mummiedearest

Post Tue, Jun 17 2008, 9:48 pm
I once made breaded chicken cutlets in a crockpot liner. the water underneath was enough liquid in the pot. just make sure the liner doesn't leak, you'll get soggy chicken.

HappyFamily

Post Tue, Aug 19 2008, 4:06 pm
newlywedtwin wrote:
If I want to use chicken cutlets do I do something different; add more water...?

I have the same question.

mummiedearest

Post Tue, Aug 19 2008, 5:00 pm
what are you using the cutlets for? for rice I would probably skip the cutlets. I find that the bbq chicken works wonderfully with cutlets (I think I posted that one here). as long as there's some liquid with the cutlets and something to lift them off the bottom of the pot it should be fine.

myomi

Post Mon, Sep 08 2008, 8:53 pm
which pereg spice mixture did you add to the chicken??

ValleyMom

Post Wed, Oct 29 2008, 12:39 am
All I can say is... WOW!!!!
Your recipes are awesome... I will try some this week!
My husband and children express gratitude!!!
Noone will go hungry this week thanks to you.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics