Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
What to do with beard hairs
Previous  1  2

supermom

Post Wed, Jul 27 2005, 6:53 am
my question is then if they consider it holy then why do some of them while learning start to pluck their beard and then put it in their sefer. had two rebbe's like that in school

ForeverYoung

Post Tue, Aug 02 2005, 10:16 pm
and how do you distinguish between your & dh's hair if they're the same colour?

de_goldy

Post Wed, Aug 03 2005, 1:58 am
uh... you have beard hairs?

Tefila

Post Wed, Aug 03 2005, 2:24 am
fy Since beard hairs r coarse whereas hair from the head is fine. Simple as that Tongue Out

ForeverYoung

Post Wed, Aug 03 2005, 11:48 am
de_goldy wrote:
uh... you have beard hairs?

lol Twisted Evil what do you think???

Quote:
fy Since beard hairs r coarse whereas hair from the head is fine. Simple as that Tongue Out

gotcha Tongue Out

jbyklyn007

Post Thu, Aug 04 2005, 2:06 am
de_goldy wrote:
They obviously don't consider it holy in the first place if they're shaving...

I don't see the need for such a sharp rebuke.

Lets be nice to one another and bring Moshiach sooner.

Mommy912

Post Thu, Aug 04 2005, 11:21 am
Question: I know when you cut your nails you have to be carefull with to dispose of the clippings properly because it was a part of your body. Why don't you do the same with beard hairs? Why are they left in seforim? Anybody know?

de_goldy

Post Thu, Aug 04 2005, 11:34 am
That's not the reason for disposing of nails. It is because they are klippah. Beard hair, however, is heilik.

technic

Post Thu, Aug 04 2005, 4:32 pm
..ah so THATS why theyre called "nail klippahs" LOL

adorable

Post Thu, Aug 04 2005, 4:35 pm
Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter
that was cute.
you put a real smile to my face.

1stimer

Post Thu, Aug 04 2005, 5:33 pm
technic!!! lol!

technic

Post Sun, Aug 07 2005, 4:49 pm
always glad 2 make pple happy Very Happy

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Sun, Aug 07 2005, 5:06 pm
lol Stem, not that is not the reason.
you are right with your assumption, chasidim dont shave bec. of what you said.
it's got nothing to do with the hair being holy as far as I know.

de_goldy

Post Sun, Aug 07 2005, 5:17 pm
yes, but if you read the thread, you will find out from people who DO know that it DOES in fact have to do with the hair being holy. Or, you could go and actually find out from the source and then the 'as far as I know' would be more informed.

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Sun, Aug 07 2005, 5:44 pm
de_goldy, I read through the first 2 pages, didn't have patience to read the rest. so sorry if my post is not accurate.

1stimer

Post Sun, Aug 28 2005, 5:03 am
The Hamodia had a halacha column about treating sefarim with respect. In it he mentioned that it is considered a disgrace to put beard hairs inside a sefer. Maybe someone can quote it because I seem to have thrown out the magazine in my post shabbos cleaning frenzy.

IM-MA

Post Fri, Sep 02 2005, 2:49 pm
The article from the Hamodia by Rabbi Dovid Goldwasser said "Some have the practice of placing hairs of their beard that have fallen between the pages of the sefer. The She'eilos U'Teshuvos Torah Lishmoh writes that it is a bizayon, an embarrassment, to the sefer to do so. The next person who opens the sefer and finds the hairs will be repulsed by it-the exact opposite reaction that one should have when opening a sefer. He includes in this even one's personal seforim, private property that is used exclusively by the owner himself. The Torah Lishmoh state that a helige sefer is not a sack of genizah. The She'eilos U'Teshuvos Bais Yisroel relates a ma'aseh in which a niftar appeared in a dream to his son and cautioned him to gather all the hairs that he had placed in his seforim."

1stimer

Post Sat, Sep 03 2005, 2:09 pm
thank you im-ma! Wink

TzenaRena

Post Sun, Sep 11 2005, 4:42 am
IM-MA wrote:
The article from the Hamodia by Rabbi Dovid Goldwasser said "Some have the practice of placing hairs of their beard that have fallen between the pages of the sefer. The She'eilos U'Teshuvos Torah Lishmoh writes that it is a bizayon, an embarrassment, to the sefer to do so. The next person who opens the sefer and finds the hairs will be repulsed by it-the exact opposite reaction that one should have when opening a sefer. He includes in this even one's personal seforim, private property that is used exclusively by the owner himself. The Torah Lishmoh state that a helige sefer is not a sack of genizah. The She'eilos U'Teshuvos Bais Yisroel relates a ma'aseh in which a niftar appeared in a dream to his son and cautioned him to gather all the hairs that he had placed in his seforim."

Sorry for my ignorance. Who is the mechaber of the Torah Lishmoh? And the SHu"T Bais Yisroel?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics