Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
Weekly Menus
  1  2  3  9  10  11  Next

BennysMommy

Post Tue, Aug 07 2007, 10:09 am
I try making a menu at the beginning of the week for the whole week. It helps me because I always know what to make and I always have the ingredients in the house. (I make my shopping list based on the menu) Of course I don't always stick to it but it's a great help when I actually do stick to it. I'm going to try putting up my menus for inspiration and would love if anyone else can do the same.

Here's mine for this week. I usually only do Monday through Thursday. We usually go out on Sundays so we either eat out or at my in-laws. Shabbos gets it whole own menu and Motzei Shabbos is whatever we feel like and have in the house.

Sunday
Shabbos leftovers

Monday
Lentil meatballs
Cream of brocolli soup
Spinach quiche

Tuesday
Corn on the cob
Pepper steak
Quinoa
cabbage soup

Wednesday
Orange Honey Garlic Chicken
Minestrone soup
Big Fresh Salad

Thursday
Spaghetti and meatballs
Salad
Leftover minestrone or cabbage soup

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Aug 07 2007, 10:13 am
Good for you! I do that as well.

Sunday
some type of red meat
salad - pack leftovers for office lunches
also leftovers from Shabbos

Monday
dairy

Tues
chinese or pareve

Wed
some type of sandwiches as I'm running out to my shiur

Thurs
pasta that someone else makes as I am doing the shopping right after work, or leftovers

greenfire

Post Tue, Aug 07 2007, 10:19 am
I think it's a great idea ... so long as every mon it's not the same thing, etc.

I know someone who actually has this going on for what seems like centuries ... each and every week it's the same exact thing ... Puke

I need variety ... but I also need that menu

RedVines

Post Tue, Aug 07 2007, 10:25 am
I am almost embarassed with my menu, my kids like such specific things I.e pasta.
Sun: whip up leftovers
Mon: pasta, sauce, salad, garlic bread
Tues: homemade pizza
Wed: homemade burritos
Thurs: always hotdogs & fries
Shabbos always something new and a ton of food.

BennysMommy

Post Tue, Aug 07 2007, 10:25 am
No way! I make a new menu every week. I don't ever put the same thing 2 weeks in a row. Sometimes if I make a lot of something I'll put half of it in the freezer. Then I serve it a few weeks or even months later when we already forgot about it:)

PinkandYellow

Post Thu, Oct 11 2007, 5:24 pm
BennysMommy wrote:
No way! I make a new menu every week. I don't ever put the same thing 2 weeks in a row. Sometimes if I make a lot of something I'll put half of it in the freezer. Then I serve it a few weeks or even months later when we already forgot about it:)

whoa! you must have a big repertoire (sp?) for that. care to list a few ideas please? nothing too complicated. tia

momof6

Post Thu, Oct 11 2007, 6:27 pm
mommyofthree wrote:
I am almost embarassed with my menu, my kids like such specific things I.e pasta.
Sun: whip up leftovers
Mon: pasta, sauce, salad, garlic bread
Tues: homemade pizza
Wed: homemade burritos
Thurs: always hotdogs & fries
Shabbos always something new and a ton of food.

recipe for homemade burritos?

momof6

Post Thu, Oct 11 2007, 6:28 pm
BennysMommy wrote:
I try making a menu at the beginning of the week for the whole week. It helps me because I always know what to make and I always have the ingredients in the house. (I make my shopping list based on the menu) Of course I don't always stick to it but it's a great help when I actually do stick to it. I'm going to try putting up my menus for inspiration and would love if anyone else can do the same.

Here's mine for this week. I usually only do Monday through Thursday. We usually go out on Sundays so we either eat out or at my in-laws. Shabbos gets it whole own menu and Motzei Shabbos is whatever we feel like and have in the house.

Sunday
Shabbos leftovers

Monday
Lentil meatballs
Cream of brocolli soup
Spinach quiche

Tuesday
Corn on the cob
Pepper steak
Quinoa
cabbage soup

Wednesday
Orange Honey Garlic Chicken
Minestrone soup
Big Fresh Salad

Thursday
Spaghetti and meatballs
Salad
Leftover minestrone or cabbage soup

recipes for lentil meatballs and cabbage soup?

momto4

Post Thu, Oct 11 2007, 6:50 pm
when im in my organizing mode, ill plan my menus as well. it is such a help and takes off the pressure every day of "whats for dinner?" for this week I had
sun: ordered in from restauraunt (not the usual)

mon: leftovers from shabbos

tues: pizza and fries

wed: chicken and rice and onion soup (mix)

thurs: lasagna, garlic bread, potato blintzes, fish sticks

lamplighter

Post Thu, Oct 11 2007, 7:56 pm
my mother has a schedule that lasts years!!!
I still have this thing about having fish on Tuesday.

I have the same basic menu each week but it has its variations, I shop every other week so Its pretty planned out. In the winter I make soup on sunday and I freeze it in portioned containers, so theres variety there too.

sunday - leftovers or falafel

monday - sthing w/ chicken cutlets (wraps/stir fry/wellingtons/stuffed cutlets), salad, kugel/quiche/pumpkin muffins.

Tuesday - sthing with chopped meat (or steakes for a treat)meatballs and spagetti/meat lasanga/meatsauce and pasta/hamburgers/sloppy joes, mashed potatoes, corn on the cob, sugar snap peas

Wednesday - baked chicken (I pick from many recipes, cant list them all here)with vegtables,
couscous or farfel, salad

Thursday - fish, vegtable stir fry, brown rice.

my suppers get less complex as the week goes on bc I get more tired Wink

Sometimes Ill go to the store and ill just be in the mood of somehting different and ill cane this iron clad menu.

lamplighter

Post Thu, Oct 11 2007, 8:00 pm
my mother has a schedule that lasts years!!!
I still have this thing about having fish on Tuesday.

I have the same basic menu each week but it has its variations, I shop every other week so Its pretty planned out. In the winter I make soup on sunday and I freeze it in portioned containers, so theres variety there too.

sunday - leftovers or falafel

monday - sthing w/ chicken cutlets (wraps/stir fry/wellingtons/stuffed cutlets), salad, kugel/quiche/pumpkin muffins.

Tuesday - sthing with chopped meat (or steakes for a treat)meatballs and spagetti/meat lasanga/meatsauce and pasta/hamburgers/sloppy joes, mashed potatoes, corn on the cob, sugar snap peas

Wednesday - baked chicken (I pick from many recipes, cant list them all here)with vegtables,
couscous or farfel, salad

Thursday - fish, vegtable stir fry, brown rice.

my suppers get less complex as the week goes on bc I get more tired Wink

Sometimes Ill go to the store and ill just be in the mood of somehting different and ill cane this iron clad menu.

lamplighter

Post Thu, Oct 11 2007, 8:02 pm
sorry bout the double post !

just another point I wanted 2 add, supper ideas will be very differnt if its a family wiht little kids, or just 2 adults, or teenagers etc, or all of the above Smile

Yakira

Post Thu, Oct 11 2007, 8:30 pm
1) I'm impressed with all of the organization. You know, with my spontaneous nature, I can write my menus the same way I fill out my teaching planbook - backwords! I have some general ideas in my head in the beginning of the week, but I'll often improvise / change my mind about menus depending on what I / we're in the mood of / what we have in the house / what else is going on that week. I know not too organize and not too smart once you have a real family, but for now it works...

2) I'm surprised at the number of people who don't have milchigs for supper at all. Why is that? It's so much simpler and cheaper and I'd imgaine kids would have no problem with that?

lamplighter

Post Thu, Oct 11 2007, 8:36 pm
allergy to dairy, its harder to diet

Beauty and the Beast

Post Thu, Oct 11 2007, 9:26 pm
I made a new resolution a few weeks ago to plan out suppers so that I dont have the question and hassle every day of WHAT TO MAKE.

so far, I havent gotten anywhere, so I hope this thread gives me a push in the right direction!

come on, lets hear some more!!

MorahRachel

Post Thu, Oct 11 2007, 9:42 pm
I actually make my menus for the whole month. There is nothing I hate more than finally figuring out what to make for dinner just to realize that I am missing an ingredient. I plan the menu and then shop with those items in mind. I also made a list of possible dinners and dishes that my family will eat and then I just plug them into the days.
With all of that said, I have been really bad and I have not made my menu since this summer!

Tila

Post Tue, Oct 23 2007, 12:41 pm
YUM!!! Can we come for dinner????? LOL

amother

Post Tue, Oct 23 2007, 12:51 pm
2) I'm surprised at the number of people who don't have milchigs for supper at all. Why is that? It's so much simpler and cheaper and I'd imgaine kids would have no problem with that?[/quote]

Cheese is expensive where I live a package of chicken is much cheaper.

shopaholic

Post Tue, Oct 23 2007, 12:56 pm
Sunday - leftovers
Monday - fish for us & mac n cheese for the kids
Tuesday - something with chopped meat
Wednesday - something with chicken breasts & rice
Thursday - pizza or grilled cheese for the kids & turkey burgers, more fish or eggs for us

alef22

Post Tue, Oct 23 2007, 12:58 pm
Please post recipe for lentil meatballs!!
Page 1 of 11   1  2  3  9  10  11  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus