Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Cheaper ---Workout Dvds
1  2  Next

willow

Post Wed, Jul 18 2007, 5:24 am
I am currently unable to get to the gym (b/c its so darn far away). I have been keeping up my fitness level the past year by doing my own gym exercise program. Thank G-d I am very fit.
I am looking for some really good Dvds that I can order on-line. I am looking for advanced- aerobic, dance, muscle workouts and stretching(intense yoga). If any one is experienced or can tell me some good workouts I would really appreciate it.
Another big plus is if it is cheap. I do not mind used ones.

cindy324

Post Wed, Jul 18 2007, 6:56 am
Try half.com. You can probably find used or barely used DVDs much cheaper.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Jul 18 2007, 6:58 am
I have been using workouts on tape exclusively for over 15 years now; many bought or a pennyor 75 cents on ebay/hal.com. You can PM me and I'll gladly help you.

In the meantime, check our your library and Blockbuster.

shopaholic

Post Wed, Jul 18 2007, 7:46 am
I am currently using 8 minute abs & 8 minute buns that I bought 4 years ago on ebay. Each vhs is 8 minutes long so I only have to work out for 16 minutes.

willow

Post Wed, Jul 18 2007, 8:14 am
chocolate moose- I do not have a blockbuster near me:)
Could you tell me some names of the workouts you do?I also use Dvds a lot but I feel like a change and I love variety so I am looking for more.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Jul 18 2007, 8:19 am
Willow, I have a subscription! I also don't have a store near me!

However, I mainly do and like Karen Voight videos. I also have several of Kari Anderson's and The Firm. I also have a Cindy Crawford, Corey Everson, and a Kathy Smith tape tape that I like a lot.

Vidoes aren't my only workout; I also have a recumbant bike and an Urban Rebounder.

I'm not gonna post the links, but World fitness has a good site that discusses these things, as well as Collage Video, which actually does the workouts. You can google them or PM me if you want their exact address.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Jul 18 2007, 8:33 am
If you want details on tapes, I like Karen Voight's Great Weighted Workout or Kathy Smith's Use Weights to lose Weight #2 for a long Sunday full body workout with weights.

For cardio, I stick to walking during lunchtime and after work, the U.R., and the bike.

For yoga/stretch/pilates, I do Karen Voight's various workouts, as well as Kari Anderson's. I haven't done them in about a year, though; I should lend you mine!

amother

Post Wed, Jul 18 2007, 6:49 pm
Go to beachbody.com I do the Turbo Jam dvd's and I love, love them.
I've tried many dvd's before and have never been excited to do exercise. NOw I look forward to exercising and I exercise 6 days a week with these Turbo Jam dvd's. It's really fun and whew do I sweat it's a great workout. I have all of the dvd's(about 12) It's a combination of kicking,punching and some dance moves there is also Turbo Sculpt done with weights and another one that I use tubes and bands.... She also has 2 workouts that are done with the swiss ball.I'm doing this for over a year and love it!

amother

Post Sun, Jul 22 2007, 6:34 pm
Winsor Pilates by Mari Winsor.

willow

Post Tue, Jul 24 2007, 10:31 am
Thanx for all the great ideas. I am going to look into some of them and let you know which ones worked for me.

willow

Post Sun, Aug 12 2007, 9:23 am
O.k an update. I got billy blanks tae bo and cardio as well as his boot camp. I don't love them because I don't feel like I get enough cardio out of his cardio workout. I do like him and he is definitely motivating.
I also did Katie smith kick boxing. I also didn't think it was enough cardio.
My Dh downloaded Cindy Crawford. I won't even do it it looks that bad.
I got the Turbo Jam cardio and Abs. And I love it!!!!!!!
To the amother what other ones of hers are really good?
I am still waiting for two others I ordered. I'll let you know when I get them.

willow

Post Sun, Aug 12 2007, 9:36 am
Oh and on Google I found two ab routines that are 8-9 minutes.

Maya

Post Sun, Aug 12 2007, 9:43 am
If you want free workout videos on the web, check out this link:

http://www.women-workout-routi......html

I do it sometimes, and I like it. The entire website is very informational too.

Good Luck!

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Aug 12 2007, 10:25 am
What's wrong with CindyCrawford?

willow

Post Sun, Aug 12 2007, 11:45 am
I just glanced through the workout ( forwarding thr) and her form is all wrong. You can really get hurt if you are not exerciseing in proper form. For example her knees go way over her toes in her squats.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Aug 12 2007, 1:18 pm
If you are referring to her workouts with Radu, I do not remember that.

Chaya4

Post Sun, Aug 12 2007, 1:27 pm
amother wrote:
Go to beachbody.com I do the Turbo Jam dvd's and I love, love them.
I've tried many dvd's before and have never been excited to do exercise. NOw I look forward to exercising and I exercise 6 days a week with these Turbo Jam dvd's. It's really fun and whew do I sweat it's a great workout. I have all of the dvd's(about 12) It's a combination of kicking,punching and some dance moves there is also Turbo Sculpt done with weights and another one that I use tubes and bands.... She also has 2 workouts that are done with the swiss ball.I'm doing this for over a year and love it!

you said you have done this workout for over a year-is it an effective workout? have you seen changes? her infomercial make it seem like the pounds will come melting off!

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Aug 12 2007, 3:46 pm
You can't believe informercials. I liked the Urban Rebounder informercials, too, and I got it and use it sev. times a week, but it's not magic and I DEF do not look like Tracy or Allison yet!

willow

Post Mon, Aug 13 2007, 8:49 am
Amother who recommended the Turbo Jam, please tell me what else is good from them. I did it again today and I love it. The sweat was dripping to the floor (o.k thats tmi:)-sorry. I have the cardio and abs what else is really good?

willow

Post Thu, Aug 16 2007, 2:51 am
Um, amother who told me about turbo Jam are you still here? I would love some more advice.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise