Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Tips for preventing sickness during the school year

Raw

Post Tue, Dec 01 2015, 12:04 pm
My kids seem to pick up any virus going around the class, bring it home & spread to the other kids. I hate the constant use of medicine, antibiotics, sick days and sleepless nights.

Experienced mothers: any tips or prevention strategies that you can share? I'm sure everyone could benefit during the winter months.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Dec 01 2015, 12:11 pm
I started doing this and I see that it works.

Give your children the following each day:

1 multi vitamin
1 dosage vitamin c
strong dose of acidophilus

My kids are not picking up little colds this yr that never seem to go away and end up becoming something more severe. They are functioning well even when they don't get enough sleep since we started with vitamins. They seem calmer which means that the vitamins are giving them the extra strength they need.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Dec 01 2015, 12:15 pm
My protocol... I cant say the kids dont get a cold but its not what it used to be and BH we have not had croup in a very long time which was a recurrent problem

Probiotics
Pure synergy vitamin c powder
Elderberry syrup (homemade because I want to only use raw honey ans its much cheaper to make)
Cod liver oil or vitamin d drops
Essential oils topically as needed

lkwdlady

Post Tue, Dec 01 2015, 12:27 pm
amother wrote:
My protocol... I cant say the kids dont get a cold but its not what it used to be!!

Probiotics
Pure synergy vitamin c powder
Elderberry syrup (homemade because I want to only use raw honey ans its much cheaper to make)
Cod liver oil or vitamin d drops
Essential oils topically as needed

what dose of probiotics are you giving?

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Dec 01 2015, 12:37 pm
lkwdlady wrote:
what dose of probiotics are you giving?

10 - 15 billion or more as needed plus I try for a daily dose of a fermented food.

I really cannot believe the difference in my kids. I definitely see a difference when we slack off. We also eat pretty healthy. Very little sugar. Low gluten...spelt. Only whole grain anything. Sourdough.

Raw

Post Tue, Dec 01 2015, 1:14 pm
[quote="amother"]10 - 15 billion or more as needed plus I try for a daily dose of a fermented food.

I really cannot believe the difference in my kids. I definitely see a difference when we slack off. We also eat pretty healthy. Very little sugar. Low gluten...spelt. Only whole grain anything. Sourdough.

Can you please recommend a brand of probiotics? I'm assuming they need to be kosher.

MiracleMama

Post Tue, Dec 01 2015, 1:22 pm
The best thing you can do is teach your kids to wash their hands well with soap. A lot. And teach them not to touch their face (I.e. rub their eyes, suck their fingers, pick their nose, etc). This is the main thing. Vitamin D and a healthy diet certainly helps too.

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, Dec 01 2015, 1:24 pm
Cut out refined sugar and reduce or eliminate dairy, especially milk.

Rub raw garlic on toast.

Vitamin D and probiotics as an occasional supplement. (I don't believe in "living" on supplements.)

Warm air vaporizer overnight when a cough or runny nose starts to develop.

I really try to be on top of my children's sleep so that they get an average of 10-11 hours per night.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics