Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
Its a girl!!!
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Tovah

Post Wed, Jun 29 2005, 8:18 pm
mazol tov!

miriam

Post Wed, Jun 29 2005, 11:40 pm
MAZEL TOV!!!!!!

IndyMom

Post Thu, Jun 30 2005, 12:48 am
wow, thanks everyone. I will give you all the shortened version of the birth since I am NAKing right now (Nursing at Keyboard) so it is hard to type.

Labor was long and hard - but not all at once. It was long since it started 8am Monday morning and she wasn't born until 10:42am Tuesday, but the contractions were managable and I was able to relax through them in my comfy pool. At the very end though it got HARD as I felt my 8lb 9oz baby squeeze through my pelvis which until then had only been proven up to 7 11. Luckily that stage did not last to long - maybe 10 contractions with that impossible to relax through intensity.

The baby was born on my back porch inside a screened gazebo with privacy curtains. She was born underwater in an inflatable kids pool. When she came up from the water she didn't cry at all. Although the end was hard for me, it seems that my beautiful daughter had a gentle birth experience.

She cries a lot and nurses a lot. She is a lot bigger than my boys were so I hope she is able to build me a sufficient supply of milk so I don't have to go through the difficulties I did before.

The after birth contractions this time are crazy painful! I am treating it during the day with prescription painkillers and at night with homeopathy. I never believed in homeopathy before this birth - but I am certain the remedy I took induced my labor and that is why it was such a long labor since my body hadn't really been ready to release the baby yet.

ok - so much more to say, but it is to hard while NAKing.

chavamom

Post Thu, Jun 30 2005, 1:20 am
Mazal tov! How exciting! My daughter that was born in water didn't really cry either. There is actually a revised APGAR system for babies born in water since they don't have the same types of reactions as babies born on land.

Nu, does she have a name yet?

Pearl

Post Thu, Jun 30 2005, 3:29 am
wow, I don't know how you all do it NAKing (love that verb!), so soon after giving birth!!

thanks for the update IndyMom, and if and when you are up to it, would love to read more!

be well!

queen

Post Thu, Jun 30 2005, 7:59 am
Pearl wrote:
thanks for the update IndyMom, and if and when you are up to it, would love to read more! be well!

I second that pearl!!!!!
(mazel tov again)

supermom

Post Thu, Jun 30 2005, 2:13 pm
those after birth pains are the most painfull I couldn't handle them and no pain killer helped. this must be your third Wink doctor told me to expect them with your third and up. not everyone gets them I guess only when you are nursing.

that is a shocking birth don't know how you managed the outside pool and all. what ever happened with that cream you weren't so sure about?

stem

Post Thu, Jun 30 2005, 2:14 pm
I heard the afterbirth pains start with the second child, and get progressively worse with each birth.

supermom

Post Thu, Jun 30 2005, 2:33 pm
didn't even feel pain by the first two. and my mother never either had pain.

proudmom

Post Thu, Jun 30 2005, 2:38 pm
I would be scared to give birth in the water. I would be scared that the baby will drown.

IndyMom

Post Thu, Jun 30 2005, 3:02 pm
Babies live in water for 9 months and they don't start breathing with their lungs until they are in the air. When they are born under water they don't breathe through their lungs, they are still getting oxygen from the umbilical cord. Once they come up from the water they begin to breathe. It really is a very gentle way to welcome the baby out of the womb. First they come out into the open, but they are still warm and in a familier medium - and then they are gently lifted partway out of the water and held against their mothers breast. Like I said, my daughter didn't make a peep. I was worried at first but the midwife smiled and told me that this is just how water babies are.

proudmom

Post Thu, Jun 30 2005, 3:04 pm
interesting. I thought as soon as they leave the mother they start crying.

supermom

Post Thu, Jun 30 2005, 3:06 pm
Confused confused here I heard a couple of stories that a woman had a water birth and the baby did "drown"

proudmom

Post Thu, Jun 30 2005, 3:07 pm
probably the baby wasnt alive before the baby came out.

supermom

Post Thu, Jun 30 2005, 3:14 pm
I actually saw in a book that said that doctors don't really recommend the water birth because for the fear of drowing of the baby.

Rochel Leah

Post Thu, Jun 30 2005, 3:19 pm
proudmom, the babies were surrounded by water till they came out, water is what they are famlier with . and I am sure as soon they come out the midwife or whoveer is assisting the mother takes the baby out of the water.

sarahd

Post Thu, Jun 30 2005, 3:21 pm
It must be a lovely feeling knowing that you gave your child the gentlest possible introduction to the world.

IndyMom

Post Thu, Jun 30 2005, 3:30 pm
reasons babies could possibly drown - perhaps the head was out of the water at some point during the birth that stimulated the lungs to breathe and then the baby went back inthe water?

or perhaps the baby was kept under water for to long adn the placenta detached from the mother therefore the baby stopped getting oxygen?

We brought my daughter right up out of the water immediatly. My placenta came out within 5 minutes of the birth so she wouldn't have been able to stay under water for very long anyway.

Rochel Leah

Post Thu, Jun 30 2005, 4:35 pm
proudmom, I must have taken a while to submit my post because it seems like indymom replied before I did (even though when I hit replied; her post wasn't there)...but she gave it over much clearer then I did or ever will.

Indy, it must have been a great experience!!

How is your little one doing? have you given her a name yet?

Pearl

Post Fri, Jul 01 2005, 3:46 am
sounds like an unbelievable birth!

third time around the afterbirth pains were awful for me too! actually had to breathe myself through them, with pufs, as if I was in labour all over again....

shabbat shalom to you and your beautiful family!
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics