Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Who's excited for the new Harry Potter book?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Orchid

Post Mon, Jun 25 2007, 4:27 pm
According to my R' Shimon Eider book of hilchos tisha b'av, one may not read anything which takes ones mind away from mourning.
Me personally, reading HP is an experience of sheer joy! so it would have to wait until after.
Book is coming out Jul 21, not in Sep. For HBP I preorderd at my local bookstore for about 200 nis, I think. They wouldn't sell to anyone who didn't preorder. I took a day off work, sat in Gan Vradim, and got lost in the HP world. *sigh*

Derech agav, I recently discovered an HB blog authored by a frum couple - it's pretty cute- and they have a nice following. Am I allowed to post a blog name or website on this forum?

amother

Post Mon, Jun 25 2007, 4:34 pm
ED wrote:

Derech agav, I recently discovered an HB blog authored by a frum couple - it's pretty cute- and they have a nice following. Am I allowed to post a blog name or website on this forum?

PRETTY PLEASE....................It's not competition with this one Exclamation

Orchid

Post Mon, Jun 25 2007, 4:39 pm
amother wrote:
ED wrote:

PRETTY PLEASE....................It's not competition with this one Exclamation

Ok, just don't want to break any rules! It is hpprongs.com (as in Harry Potter Prognostications) If you're into math, or more accurately, logic tables, they have one which dissects the prophecy. Check it out!

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Jun 25 2007, 4:48 pm
its iyh out july 21.

Mevater

Post Mon, Jun 25 2007, 5:00 pm
ED wrote:

Ok, just don't want to break any rules! It is hpprongs.com (as in Harry Potter Prognostications) If you're into math, or more accurately, logic tables, they have one which dissects the prophecy. Check it out!
Is it OK for kids?

tweety99

Post Mon, Jun 25 2007, 5:05 pm
I cant wait!!! that reminds me, I must pre order it.....!!!

my sis has a theory that voldemort placed a horcrux inside harry wen he tried to kill him wen he was a kid so basically harry willhave to die..!

just a theory...!

hope its not true!

cant wait to read it!

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Jun 25 2007, 5:18 pm
I am def NOT telling my kids what to read or not to read on tisha b'av.

ruth

Post Mon, Jun 25 2007, 5:57 pm
Is there a version of HP in ivrit WITH nikudot?

btw, are there any Ivrit publishers that publish books with nikudot for readers over the age of 8?

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Mon, Jun 25 2007, 6:15 pm
It comes out the 21st, which is Shabbos. I preordered it to be delivered to my house...now if a neighbor happens by and happens to want to see what is inside the package.......

have you noticed that this is THE question for the book...not who will die, or how will Harry beat Voldermort...but is Snape evil?

maybe because everyone knows that is the key to the whole thing.

BTW, in terms of Voldermort...I think his destruction can only come once someone loves him...since love is the most powerful magic there is, and he has never had any love

I have a question which I will start in a poll I will entitle: SNAPE (spoilers)

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Jun 25 2007, 6:39 pm
ima2netanel, I once accidentally-on-purpose opened the harry potter book on shabbos (the one that came out four years ago) and had a miscarriage 2 weeks later. never again will I accidentally be mechalel shabbos for something like that....

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Mon, Jun 25 2007, 6:51 pm
I never said I would open it! I wouldn't do that!

suomynona

Post Tue, Jun 26 2007, 6:03 am
MosheDovid'sMom wrote:
Quote:
Also I don't know how quickly I can get hold of it here in e"y.

I was in sefer v'sefel and they said they'll have it the day it comes out for about 150 shek.

I know you can get it here but I'm definitely not spending 150 shekel!

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Jun 26 2007, 10:04 am
Opening a package, you mean Mindy? Tearing to shape (like on a perforation) is ossur, but tearing is allowed in case of need....perhaps this wasn't extly need, it's not something to eat.

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Jun 26 2007, 10:07 am
the package was closed with glue and I tried to figure out how to open it without tearing it, and while trying to figure it out, the glue unpopped.... then I couldnt hold back and read it all afternoon.... sigh.

amother

Post Tue, Jun 26 2007, 1:53 pm
k so can we discuss Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows? JKR said two main characters are gonna die...

tweety99

Post Tue, Jun 26 2007, 5:09 pm
yeh itl prob be harry and voldemort...... shock go on pple throw tomatoes............ Very Happy

pappymom

Post Wed, Jun 27 2007, 2:17 am
I think that if Harry dies, JK Rowling is seriously at risk for her life!!

zigi

Post Wed, Jun 27 2007, 9:18 am
I can't wait to read it but as soon as its out the whole world will know the ending. I want to find out what happens when I read the book. I guess I will have to preorder it then shut my self away from media.

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Wed, Jun 27 2007, 9:25 am
my guess is one weasley and one teacher

Seraph

Post Wed, Jun 27 2007, 1:26 pm
I'd say Ginny and McGonnagel, based on that, ima2netanel.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room