Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Did you and or your DH behave?

amother

Post Fri, Mar 06 2015, 8:07 am
Thankfully my DH just got tipsy and we have a great day! I am always well behaved when it comes to drinking. You?

amother

Post Fri, Mar 06 2015, 8:10 am
We were guests at really nice seuda but only drinks on table were wine. I'm a total light weigh and felt tipsy after half a glass but that passed. Sleep deprivation didn't help any. I didn't actually get drunk though.

amother

Post Fri, Mar 06 2015, 8:28 am
This was a low key Purim all around. I had 1 glass. The men who came over had a shot or a glass. No one seemed tipsy.

Ruchel

Post Fri, Mar 06 2015, 8:52 am
Yes. We are adults, religious, parents.

MagentaYenta

Post Fri, Mar 06 2015, 12:03 pm
It was a long day for me with lots of driving, consequently no drinking for me. None of the adults got drunk at seuda and the teens were all enjoyable and well behaved.

amother

Post Fri, Mar 06 2015, 4:23 pm
Behave? I don't understand the question. We don't do the getting-drunk--at-Purim thing even if we aren't driving. Even if we didn't believe that drunkenness is a sin and completely unbefitting a Jew, scholarly or otherwise, for any reason, we hold that "ad delo yada " means only very slightly below par intellectually. arur haman and baruch mordechai are not poles apart but slightly differnt facets of the same idea. You need very little wine to lose the sharp reasoning skills necessary to understand the difference. I never heard of frum men getting mamash piglike drunk on Purim till I joined imamother.

amother

Post Fri, Mar 06 2015, 4:37 pm
BH it could have been worse. I don't drink, ever since I heard the inyan that a woman should not drink outside her home or her father's home.

Although I've never seen a source for this, it makes sense to me because I get, uh, loud when I'm tipsy...

As for DH, he drinks enough each Shabbos, thank you very much. BH he remembered that he is the family's chauffeur on Purim and was able to resist.

naturalmom5

Post Fri, Mar 06 2015, 4:57 pm
amother wrote:
BH it could have been worse. I don't drink, ever since I heard the inyan that a woman should not drink outside her home or her father's home.

Although I've never seen a source for this, it makes sense to me because I get, uh, loud when I'm tipsy...

As for DH, he drinks enough each Shabbos, thank you very much. BH he remembered that he is the family's chauffeur on Purim and was able to resist.

Cetuvos

1 glass and she becomes unruly
2 ??
3 she solicits
4 she'll even do it with a horse

I will have to do a search on otzar for the exact quote

amother

Post Sat, Mar 07 2015, 2:50 pm
We dont drink, but we did experience a woman at one of the seudas that we went to, get extremely drunk. Inappropriately drunk. Never saw that before. It distrubed me.
Nobody should use purim as an excuse to get so drunk that they are yelling and acting a bit inappropriately with their husband, as guests at someone else's home (the host was not drunk, a guest was)

grace413

Post Sat, Mar 07 2015, 3:01 pm
amother wrote:

Nobody should use purim as an excuse to get so drunk that they are yelling and acting a bit inappropriately with their husband, as guests at someone else's home (the host was not drunk, a guest was)

At least she wasn't acting inappropriately with somebody elses husband......

amother

Post Sat, Mar 07 2015, 9:35 pm
Was a guest at the seuda by relatives and BH my DH and I drank a small amount.

Someone else there got crazy drunk, first commenting to everyone, then dancing wildly with anyone walking in the door. He then proceeded to throw up everywhere and then fell asleep.
His wife was very embarrassed, I left right after as I couldn't handle it, grossed me out.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics