Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
The Reserve in Lakewood

geuzunt

Post Wed, Aug 29 2012, 4:22 pm
Did anyone eat at the reserver in Lakewood?
Want to go for anniversary Smile .
Anyone know the ambience (noisy, quite, pleasant...?). Also what is the waiter staff like. Hubby can be kinda picky and hates going to restaurants where waitresses dressed in not tzniesdk way. Not that they have to look like frum ladies... but you know what I mean..
Are there any other similar places in Lakewood or thereabouts that you reccomend?

sky

Post Wed, Aug 29 2012, 5:36 pm
A few years ago it was run really well and the food was awesome but it was also busy and noisy.
I was there about a year ago and it wasn't as busy or noisy, it was actually pretty quiet. The food was decent, not amazing, but pretty good, you do get a lot of food. The waiter service was also pretty good, but disappointing compared to the first time we were there. I think the women were white shirts and long black pants. the pants may be tight. I don't really remember but I think it is similar to other places, I didn't notice anything different).

there is also the Rimon, I think now the 2 are similar to each other.

If you will travel 656 Ocean in Deal is also pretty similar.

If you would want milchigs we once went to the Rimon Milchig place for supper and it was really good and quiet. But it changed names since then and I don't know what it is like now. There is also Ottimo cafe.

whoami

Post Wed, Aug 29 2012, 6:04 pm
The Reserve is definitely a lot classier than Rimon. Also, Rimon closes at 10. I did not have good experience with Rimon Milchig at all. I loved The Reserve more than any other place in Lakewood.
Someone mentioned 656 Ocean in Deal, be aware that if you want to share a portion with your husband, they will charge you extra, and the portions are pretty big.

mominlkwd

Post Wed, Aug 29 2012, 6:37 pm
I'm not sure I would compare the reserve to rimon. Reserve is much nicer. We go to the reserve often and the food is very good, staff is professional - yes they probably were a bit better in the begining but they are helpful, honest and never unprofessional. They are quiet (barely hear the kitchen) and really try to please etc.
I have only been to the Rimon twice but we were not overly impressed. It's nice but not what they seem to be from their ads. The food is not as good as the Reserve and the place is a bit dingier - dark and not in a romantic way Smile We actually had a table under a mirror and the dust was so thick on the mirror that someone had written "HI" with their finger. We were a bit unimpressed.

Ottimo is a great milchig restaurant. It's not cheap but it's worth it. very good food, professional etc. You will find kids and families - which you very rarely see at the reserve, but it's not overly noisy. I love going there. They also have a good menu - from pizza to risotto.

I haven't been to the milchig rimon since they changed so I can't give my opinion.

Hope that helped. Happy Anniversary!!

sky

Post Wed, Aug 29 2012, 7:29 pm
mominlkwd wrote:

I have only been to the Rimon twice but we were not overly impressed. It's nice but not what they seem to be from their ads. The food is not as good as the Reserve and the place is a bit dingier - dark and not in a romantic way Smile We actually had a table under a mirror and the dust was so thick on the mirror that someone had written "HI" with their finger. We were a bit unimpressed.

I didn't have the greatest opinion of the rimon the one time I was there. Our table shook and the waiter stuck a rolled up newspaper to prop it up even though there were other tables free. Our ketchup bottle wouldn't "work". Every time we were busy shaking it the waiter would come over and do it for us - just give us another bottle! And the waiters were busy texting in the back and not so 'there'. and the food made dh nervous. But it was a while ago and I heard they fixed the place up since then.

Last time I was at the Reserve my DH was unimpressed with the waiters - there were only three couples there and one waiter kept on yelling jokes to a couple across the room. I think that is what gave us the negative impression, especially because they set the bar so high the first time (remember when they had the call buttons on every table and a Maitre d' from Manhattan...)

baker1

Post Wed, Aug 29 2012, 7:57 pm
We actually enjoyed the Reserve very much when we went there.

Ottimo is a new milchig upscale restaurant. The food is HEAVEN!!!! I love to go there, I have actually been there a few times, with my in-laws, friends, DH etc...
If you don't love milchigs they have a great fish menu too!
Enjoy!

geuzunt

Post Thu, Aug 30 2012, 9:23 am
thanks for all your suggestions! I think we're going to stick with the reserve...! Hope it works out!

githen03

Post Mon, Aug 05 2013, 2:39 pm
Can anyone tell me the appropriate mode of dress for the Reserve? For a man, is it a full suit and tie? Or just some kind of jacket? Or just a dress shirt and pants is enough? Also for women, is a nice sweater and skirt enough?

TIA

June

Post Mon, Aug 05 2013, 4:58 pm
the reserve recently changed ownership, now they have a bar.
but you're in Lakewood, so nobody cares how you dress. no place in Lakewood can truly be classy. sorry.

Cookies n Cream

Post Mon, Aug 05 2013, 5:25 pm
June wrote:
the reserve recently changed ownership, now they have a bar.
but you're in Lakewood, so nobody cares how you dress. no place in Lakewood can truly be classy. sorry.

As of when?
Who is the new owner?

June

Post Mon, Aug 05 2013, 5:31 pm
Idk, I left Lakewood a couple of months ago. my mil told me abt it a week or two ago, so it's probably recent.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics