Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Mazel Tov on Births
Smiley had a boy
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

rainbow baby

Post Wed, May 30 2007, 5:48 am
Thanks!!!! Wink As you probably noticed here in the UK we call them different rooms. LOL

boruchhashem

Post Wed, May 30 2007, 1:57 pm
Mazel Tov, Smiley. I too had a much longer and harder delivery with my second one. but hang in there, with my third, I barely made it to the closest hospital, and delivered on the ambulance stretcher embarrassed but alls well that ends well. after 7 kids, I can truely say, no two deliveries are alike. have much nachas from him and his brother, and all. Very Happy

challi

Post Wed, May 30 2007, 3:45 pm
SMiley;-) Mazel Tov!!! I'm soooooo happy to hear that all went well. A good labour coach makes a HUGE difference too. Enjoy him!

smiley:)

Post Thu, May 31 2007, 8:43 pm
The bris is today iyh and I feel sick to my stomach. Could be nerves, could be I havent been able to sleep lately. I dont like brissim. I get sad.

Post Sat, Jun 02 2007, 1:13 pm
Baby's name is Yonatan.
my husband has changed all the diapers since the bris! Good thing the bris was on Fri so my husband was home for the weekend!

Mishie

Post Sat, Jun 02 2007, 10:33 pm
Smiley - What a beautiful name!

May he give you lots of Nachas!!!
Very Happy

Post Sat, Jun 02 2007, 11:16 pm
My sister also just had a boy this morning!! Our last children were 2 1/2 wks apart (her girl, my boy) and now our 2 boys are 9 days apart! I guess my other brother in law (not her husband) was right when at our bris 2 days ago, he said "See you all next week" (at this sister's bris!)
'
And this makes Chai (eighteen) grandchildren for my parents!

Seraph

Post Sat, Jun 02 2007, 11:48 pm
smiley:) wrote:
Baby's name is Yonatan.
my husband has changed all the diapers since the bris! Good thing the bris was on Fri so my husband was home for the weekend!

Am I seeing a trend here? First netanel, then yonatan? Whats next? matanya? :-D

Yonatan is a gorgeous name. :-D Lots of mazal!!!

supermom

Post Sun, Jun 03 2007, 1:45 am
And this makes Chai (eighteen) grandchildren for my parents!

Maybe your sis will name her son x chai or chai x.

My aunt did that her sons name is Nachshon Chai

shalhevet

Post Sun, Jun 03 2007, 1:49 am
breslov wrote:
Baby's name is Yonatan.

Netanel and Yonatan were tzaddikim (without defining a tzaddik 8) ); Matanya was not.

Smiley, may you have much nachas from your two little boys! Gidul kal!

Post Sun, Jun 03 2007, 2:02 am
[quote="breslov"][quote="smiley:)"]Baby's name is Yonatan.
my husband has changed all the diapers since the bris! Good thing the bris was on Fri so my husband was home for the weekend![/quote]

Yonatan is a gorgeous name. :-D Lots of mazal!!![/quote]

I love the name Netanel but I have a nephew Netanel. His father happens to be Yonatan too, but I figured its better to take a name of a diff generation. I asked my sister (yonatan's wife) way back when I told her I was expecting, before I knew it was a boy, if it would be ok if I used the name....and I and my husband didnt discuss the name much....

BeershevaBubby

Post Sun, Jun 03 2007, 4:32 am
Beautiful name! Mazal tov again... and on the new nephew!

My SIL is due in about 3 weeks and my sister has just announced she's due around Thanksgiving. This will be the first group of grandkids for my parents who are closer than 8 months apart...

miriamnechama

Post Sun, Jun 03 2007, 9:24 am
mazal tov smiley. I'm glad you were happy in bikur cholim. who was your midwife?? I ahd both my boys there and both times had english speakers. I really enjoyed it there and would go back though I heard they totally renovated it. what does it look like now?? the delivery rooms?? also what kina music do they have for you there to listen??

queen

Post Sun, Jun 03 2007, 9:53 am
smiley--- you're giving me hope that maybe I'm not that far away from delivery...... (you said your first was a week late, and this one a day late)

oh well, we'll see what this week (or next) brings!

feel good and mazel tov again!

Post Sun, Jun 03 2007, 10:28 am
miriamnechama-
I had 2 shifts of midwives. The 2nd one who delivered the baby was Chana. I cant really remember who the 1st one was... I think she had a blonde complexion, wore a mitpachat. Not sureI dont know what it looked like before but you walk past the chadrei kabbalah to chadrei leida. I can only tell you abt mine - very roomy, has its own bathroom with toilet, shower/bathroom, I found it cozy. Im not into music so I opted out from it.

queen - it will be over in due time (no pun intended). I find it sad that the whole pregnancy/birth is behind me. I think its the coolest thing in the world.

miriamnechama

Post Sun, Jun 03 2007, 12:25 pm
I had chana with miriam by no 2 and a dr, dr Statman Miki who now works in beitar. ( he was amazing).

Had Joan twice she took me down by no 2 and was with me by no 1 plus had by no 1 Debbie Newman, american, dark short hair. Joan is s.african.

Nice they have music option, I presume in every room. It's prob classical stuff not jewish stuff ie soothing music. Reminds me at no 2 I put on a tape and the dr was like "so what you listening too... does it help??"

well I sure would go back there. ps howwas the food in the machlaka?? and the machlaka hos was that??

Post Sun, Jun 03 2007, 12:47 pm
No one other than Chana introduced herself to me so I only remember the ppl whose name tags I caught. Chana told me she'd be the one to deliver my baby - she hopes. It was going so slow that no one really knew. One other name I caught was Regina, who took some info in the cheder kabbalah. I dont remember who anyone was. The dr - all I know was she was wearing orange and a beret on her head. Dr Pollak passed through just to get music from my room. I have no idea what type of music they had there. My birthing coach asked me when they broke my water if I was interested in music and I really wasn't.
I also definately would go back, but for ppl who pay attention to detail and want things just so, I could see it not being for them. Like it took me forever to get a towel when I was in labor (which I didnt care about), took midwives forever to come, afterwards they gave me a robe (just to go to the machlaka) that had buttons missing on top and they taped it together. I dont care. but I could see some ppl going nuts over it. I was very pleased. The food... well again I am not very picky but I found it not very appetizing. Then again I was spoiled from Har Hatzofim - their food is good. So I had my mom bring me food to the hospital this time. No big deal.
There are many diff types of rooms in the machlaka - redone ones and not. Most of the redone ones face the back. I was facing the front. It was ok (just a little noisy after shabbat). Very roomy. There are one or 2 bad rooms with 5 ppl in it... tight quarters like in har hatzofim. But the rest are fine so long as you arent picky. Mine was a little annoying - it was the 1st room when you come into the machlaka and there is a door to the outside of the machlaka which was squeaking the whole night long as ppl came in and out. I am very sensitive to noise when I sleep so it was a bit annoying... But I got through it. :-)
I wanna do it all again!!

miriamnechama

Post Sun, Jun 03 2007, 11:14 pm
both of mine were born there and I was very happy that's why I would go back. I also didn't find them too pushy about medication and they let me move around alot.

Actually it's funny then my aunt worked in customer relations department so I was good for me though she retired now.

Alot of things don't really bother me I try to bring as much from home cuz I prefer my own stuf.

f I asked about the shiputzim cuz the last time I was there 5 years ago I heard they did more shiputzim.

Funny both times I was with people I knew, once with my dh's friend's wife and second with my neighbour and this aunt's daughter my cousin. the noise did botehr abit but depends who you have. when my cousin left I had soemone who works in bituach leumi 25 years and another in the supreme court, so it was kinda crazy for just one day... food also doesn't bother me. I also like the fact that it's in town so if your up to it you can buy youself something. I went to bazaar straus once to buy a outfit, just to get out for 5 minutes.

ps I just hope and prey that they the hospital won't be sold ever.

chavamom

Post Sun, Jun 03 2007, 11:39 pm
One other name I caught was Regina, who took some info in the cheder kabbalah. I dont remember who anyone was. The dr - all I know was she was wearing orange and a beret on her head.

I'm guessing that is Regina Minkoff that used to work at Misgav Ledach and lives in Efrat. The Dr. sounds like it could be Galit Elgavish?

Does anyone know if Michal Finkelstein still works at B.C.?

miriamnechama

Post Mon, Jun 04 2007, 12:01 am
no she left she has her own practise.. she was there by my first, Joan is Joan Lettner and the dr well Dr Elgavish who I used generally wears hatsm and is head of infertility, I think she is hardly there, I think it might have been DR Meirav Raz who I also used and was there by my first. Elgavish on;y does private births. she has her own clinics and she and Dr Miki Statman are meuhedet drs. also Dr Rosnak used to be there but he's in HH he's also meuhedet. OR it could have been DR Iris Kafka.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Mazel Tov on Births