Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Second Car Seat Needed

busydev

Post Fri, Nov 28 2014, 11:58 am
Currently I have 3 car seats in our car- a RF diono radian, a FF diono radian and a FF harmony defender. My 3yo fits in both the FF radian and defender and often takes turns sitting in one or the other, but we need it in my car for carpool. (its a 3 across situation)

For extra car seats for DH's car or my parents use we have been using the Chicco Key Fit 30 for my 14mo (just under 21lb and not yet 30 inches tho hes getting close and the straps are getting tight) and an evenflo tribute FF for my 3yo (28.5 lb and 36 or 37 inches). We need to get a new car seat for one of them (possibly my 3yo and put the 1yo in the evenflo?)

any recommendations? Biggest factor is price and not to heavy to move from my parents car to DH's and back. Space is not such an issue for these cars. My kids are pretty average to short so I dont need anything that will accommodate larger children for very long times.
TY

MaBelleVie

Post Fri, Nov 28 2014, 12:06 pm
If the tribute isn't close to expiring it probably makes sense to get a new seat for the older one, who will outgrow it soon. Keep in mind straps have to come from above the shoulders for forward facing, even if they're under the height limit.

What about another defender? That's versatile and pretty cheap. Or a maestro- lightweight and easy to install.

busydev

Post Fri, Nov 28 2014, 12:31 pm
MaBelleVie wrote:
If the tribute isn't close to expiring it probably makes sense to get a new seat for the older one, who will outgrow it soon. Keep in mind straps have to come from above the shoulders for forward facing, even if they're under the height limit.

What about another defender? That's versatile and pretty cheap. Or a maestro- lightweight and easy to install.

Thanks. the tribute is about 2 years old- got in when DS1 was about the same age as DS2 is now. DS1 still fits in the tribute no problems- I think he still has another slot above the one he is using but not 100% sure as I dont use that car seat much.

the defender is not that light weight tho. the tribute is very light weight and easy for my mother to get up into her van and install or uninstall as needed. ill look at the maestro. thanks

busydev

Post Fri, Nov 28 2014, 12:34 pm
I just googled the tribute to see the limits again... and also came up with the evenflo titan. any opinions on that one? goes up to 50lb and 47 inches (vs 40lb and 43 inches of the tribute)

busydev

Post Fri, Nov 28 2014, 12:38 pm
the maestro is def better then the titan has better weight limits and is a high back booster for the same price. thanks!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars