Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Attention all freezer owners

freidasima

Post Fri, Nov 28 2014, 6:14 am
I posted this in the Life in ISrael section but haven't gotten any responses yet so I'm posting it on the general board, maybe someone has some info that might help me.

I need a new standing freezer, one with deep and wide drawers.

We have a Whirlpool which is 60 cm wide, and 160 tall and the drawers measure 45.5 wide, 40.5 deep and have 17.5 cm room between drawers bottom and the shelf above. Six drawers and one compartment above with separate inside door.

I haven't been able to find anything with such wide and deep drawers.

Does anyone know of a freezer that has drawers as wide and as deep as mine? Preferably no frost. Price, color and height dont matter.

Of course it would help if it were being sold in EY....anyhow would just like to know if anyone makes anything like this anymore.

TIA

anonymom

Post Fri, Nov 28 2014, 6:43 am
I am also in the market for a freezer. I am in the US. My issue is finding one that the defrost cycle is not triggered by number of door openings bec of Shabbos. It is not easy to get this info.

freidasima

Post Fri, Nov 28 2014, 6:47 am
I don't really have much reason to open the standing freezer on shabbos, so that's less of a problem for me I guess, I just have to make sure it isn't the kind that beeps when you open the door, just in case I do have to open it. Some of the German ones beep...

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, Nov 28 2014, 9:40 am
Weird question, but is it possible that you can take the drawers out of your old freezer and put them in a new one?

kb

Post Fri, Nov 28 2014, 9:53 am
Why don't you call a store and ask them what they have or can get for you to fit those specifications?

greenfire

Post Fri, Nov 28 2014, 10:40 am
with all the new fancy things they make - I find it hard to believe you can't find something suitable to your needs ...

http://www.alibaba.com/product......html

what about something like this with 10 drawers ... don't know conversion sizes

greenfire

Post Fri, Nov 28 2014, 10:44 am
http://www.frigidaire.com/Kitc.....F8QF/

this is really kool - what an invention - convertible freezer or fridge - you can use it for either

anonymom

Post Fri, Nov 28 2014, 10:55 am
I came across this and was intrigued by the idea but I don't know if they can be used on Shabbos or YT.

I live out of my freezer on YT and for Shabbos I need to take out challah, dessert.

OOTBubby

Post Fri, Nov 28 2014, 1:13 pm
greenfire wrote:
http://www.frigidaire.com/Kitchen-Appliances/Freezers/Convertible-Freezers/FGVU21F8QF/

this is really kool - what an invention - convertible freezer or fridge - you can use it for either

My DD has one like that and loves it.

freidasima

Post Sat, Nov 29 2014, 11:24 am
Unfortunately you can't take the drawers out because the measurements of the freezers they sell here don't have enough room for them. The inside width that I have now is 48 cm. The inside width of most freezers being sold here (almost all of them) in EY are between 36 to 40. So that won't work.

They don't sell Frigidare here in EY. Oh well. Also it can be tall but I only have 64 cm width to put it in so I'm stuck. I saw online that they well a whirlpool but without drawers and it's 75 cm wide. Wonderful but I don't have where to put it. It's wider than my fridge (kitchens here in apartment are small and so are appliances, the average Israeli stove for example is 24 inches wide...).

oh well.

chanchy123

Post Sat, Nov 29 2014, 2:57 pm
My parents have a huge freezer. Dont know the exact measurements but it's the size of a large fridge. It's an industrial size I think and it has a lock. I can ask where they got it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics