Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
Please come to my party and cheer me up
Previous  1  2  3

greenfire

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 12:04 am
oh please - we've had so many 'amother' meets - pretty sure people know how to be safe ...

I would totally come if I were in the new york vicinity ...

I hope something works out for you

amother

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 12:13 am
Why dont you meet in a pizza or coffee shop?

Iymnok

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 3:20 am
•All those interested must get a signed and stamped letter from Yael, your rav and the local police stating that you are who you say you are,have no ulterior motives, are a woman without a criminal background and have posted at least 35 times on imamother- not anonymously.
•3 references from other imamothers attesting to your integrity.
•All applications must be in one week before the event is to occur.
•Entrance contingent on if you come worth something that would make other mothers happy Smile
•bring a nametag worth your username and avatar.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 5:17 am
Do u have Jewish people that live on ur street?
Every year one of the ladies on my road makes a chanukah party one evening for the ladies on our street.
She makes an invitation on the computer and drops it through the doors of the Jewish houses.
We don't all know each other properly, theres always new faces, age ranges from around 20 - 85, and its nice to get together for an evening.
Everyone makes some food to bring, she organises a fun game that includes everyone and its fun!
If it's not a good idea for you, maybe it's good for someone else Very Happy

yo'ma

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 5:55 am
eema of 3 wrote:
Do people not know what precautions are?
Yes, I am secretly a serial killer, trying to lure and kill everyone.
Ok, I give up, party plan had gone out of my head. Yo'ma, let me know if you are still interested.

Since I'm also a secret serial killer, I'm in, but I'm not even in the US yet. Don't even have tickets. We're last minute like that.

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 7:03 am
yo'ma wrote:
Since I'm also a secret serial killer, I'm in, but I'm not even in the US yet. Don't even have tickets. We're last minute like that.

You can message me as it gets closer.

kjb

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 11:20 am
Dear eemaof3. Greenfire has it absolutely right. I love your party idea and I think you're courageous to think of it - not in the 'ooooh- the internet's so dangerous' kind of way but in the reaching out to new people kind of way. For goodness sake, ladies, the whole world is having face to face interactions with people they connected to on the Internet! Dating, airbnb, uber, what have you. And they're not all getting trolled, molested and murdered.

Now nothing in this world is 100%, but imamother must qualify as one of the safest sites on the net. How many dangerous lunatics can be bothered with a staple online diet of kosher recipes and the pros and cons of Cry It Out? Yes of course you might meet someone you don't want to keep as a long term friend, but isn't that true of everyday life? Read the previous posts of imamothers who accept your invitation, Have at least one person there that you DO know, and if one of these imamothers turns out to be a man after all don't let him in the house!

I say go for it. The Internet IS a major, mainstream, modern way of making new friends, which in today's often disconnected and lonely society is a very good thing. All you need is an iota of common sense. Sorry I can't be there. Enjoy!
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics