Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Messed up list

greenfire

Post Thu, Nov 27 2014, 9:35 am
so the kids seemed to have messed up the lists ... I can't figure out who got sent invitations - whose addresses are mia & if important people got left out & they don't seem to care

they didn't take the time to count so we can weed out some people [even if we prefer to invite the entire world - we cannot]

is there a solution - or let it go

it's so insulting to get a last minute invite - especially when everything is being done at the 11th hour [I.e. I found my mother's sitting on the table]

Ruchel

Post Thu, Nov 27 2014, 9:37 am
Ask them to make it clear or do it themselves

greenfire

Post Thu, Nov 27 2014, 9:41 am
they did it themselves and they have no idea who got & who didn't

some names got erased or addresses when transferring files from one computer to another - couldn't read the changes or save the changes or whatever ... a total waste of many hours on my part

I simply addressed a couple by hand that were important - it's stupid to send 2 to the same person - as it's rude to send none to someone important

amother

Post Thu, Nov 27 2014, 5:19 pm
Greenie, it's totally not your fault but...you can't let it go. Is it possible for you to sit down with the list and call up the people you're unsure about and ask if their invite arrived? If it didn't...send one Idea

greenfire

Post Thu, Nov 27 2014, 9:12 pm
how can I be sure who I'm unsure about - I definitely asked about several - but that's as far as I can go

it's not in my computer - they don't seem to have a 'normal' list

seeker

Post Thu, Nov 27 2014, 9:30 pm
If there's someone important, better to possibly send a second than to risk sending none at all.

Every one else, *shrug* - if it's someone YOU care about, you can call them to confirm. If it's someone THEY care about then let them decide how to handle it, why is everything your problem?

Was there an RSVP address? You won't sound flaky if you call people saying "Hi, we never received your RSVP to the Royal Wedding. Did you get the invitation? Are you coming?" And if they didn't get it they will assume it was lost in the mail or something, it's happened before, at least now they'll know they're invited.

greenfire

Post Thu, Nov 27 2014, 10:13 pm
well with family & important friends they know they're welcome with or without an invite - I hope - especially since I've been keeping them updated by e-mail & phone since everything was up in the air

now that there are invitations I just feel they could have gone out smoother with more knowledge

ultimately I did call a few peoples and hand-addressed them & got them out

next time I'll have to insist on a longer engagement - even if it's for the small things - say my sanity

seeker

Post Thu, Nov 27 2014, 10:34 pm
Hugs. This sounds so frustrating.

ElTam

Post Thu, Nov 27 2014, 10:51 pm
Do they have the RSVP list? You could work backwards from that and call people who haven't responded and say, "We haven't got your RSVP. We just wanted to make sure you got the invite and it wasn't lost in the mail." If they don't now how many people they invited/are coming, what is their plan vis a vis seating and telling the caterer how much food?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics