Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Still don't have a stroller, plz help me choose
1  2  3  Next

amother

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 10:44 am
I'm looking for something that is reversible (can be forward facing), not too heavy, easy to fold, comes with a bassinet or at least reclines fully maybe with extra footmuff. would like if it could be folder when forward facing if possible. there are so so many stroller choices.

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 10:58 am
What's your budget? What kinds of surfaces will you be pushing it on?

Ashrei

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 11:06 am
I feel like the city mini select does EVERYTHING including expanding to a double. I probably have about 5 strollers, but if I just bought this one first, it's the only one I'd have needed.

there are cons like with everything (it's bigger, more $), but overall it's quite versatile and comfortable to maneuver too.

specific to your post:
it's a little on the heavy side, tho I find it easy to fold
reclines fully, but not as you'd expect, as the whole seat tilts back, not just the back. there's a bassinet option you buy which is very nice.

willow

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 11:13 am
I am in the same boat. THe city mini isn't for tall people to let you know. the handle bar doesn't go up.
Iwill be following this thread.

Ashrei

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 11:18 am
The city mini SELECT definitely has a handle bar that's adjustable.
Sorry I should have stressed the 'select' part in my post, that's key here.

Deep

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 11:18 am
I think Ashrei is referring to the city select. It has an extendable handlebar. I'm 5'8'' and it's great! Super stroller- huge basket, great push (even in snow!), spacious seats and goes from single to double in seconds.

tovli toraspicha

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 11:27 am
are you specifically looking for something that can become a double?
The City Select is a huge bulky stroller and its probably only worth it if you also want to eventually convert into a double.
Otherwise the City Versa, Uppababy Cruz, new Valco Snap Ultra, etc might be more up your alley- they are all much lighter but are reversible with a basket, etc.
I am not sure about their handlebar extendibility though

willow

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 11:27 am
ahh ok and its reversible?

wifenmother

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 11:46 am
What's your budget like? I have the Bugaboo Cameleon and am very happy. It's lightweight, the bassinet is deep and long, the handlebar adjustable, pushes smoothly on every surface, is forward facing as well, and as an extra bonus washes in my front loader like a dream.

musicmom

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 11:47 am
We have the city select with the boogy board for a third child. By then it is just a little bulky as the kids get older for me to push, although my husband loves the versatility, maneuverability and expanding height of the handlebar.

I really like the valco trimode (I also have this), which can be a double and we have the third seat. I know, the seats don't turn around. But, even in NY, this stroller fits through every doorway! So I have three in the stroller, and 1 of them is an infant. It comes with an infant neckroll. My fourth child walks, but it does have an option of a boogy board as well. This stroller is so much easier for me to push!

Jewishmom8

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 11:54 am
http://www.toysrus.com/product.....earch

my friend has this one and loves it Contours Bliss 4-in-1 Stroller - Gold

Ashrei

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 11:56 am
willow wrote:
ahh ok and its reversible?

yup the city select is reversible

and as one poster pointed out, if you're only planning to have 1, the select is probably overdoing it.

(musicmom's valco trimode also sounds nice actually even without being reversible)

redroses

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 11:59 am
I llove love my uppababy vista! I had the citi select because I thought I needed the option for a proper double, but I found it to be so heavy and bulky and big. I sold it and bought the vista. It has all the qualities you are looking for, and it is lighter and smaller than the citi select. If you need it to be a double you can buy a rumble seat which kind of goes into the basket, it's not a proper second seat but it's great for occasional use, and they are actually coming out wiht a new model that has the option for a proper second seat. I have the bugtgy board which is perfect for my 2 year old to ride along on. It is a bit pricier thatn the citi select but it comes with a basssinet included in the price while the citi select does not.

Hope this is helpful

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 12:17 pm
Citi select and vista are both heavy strollers. If you don't want heavy, there are many other lighter options.

The new bugaboo bee fits your description, but I don't know what your budget is. Uppababy Cruz is also reversible and lightweight with a full recline.

Last edited by MaBelleVie on Thu, Oct 23 2014, 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

groovy1224

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 1:02 pm
Ultimately, there are a lot of choices out there. To narrow it down, you need to figure out which items on your list are most important, and which are less, and then go from there.

For example, do you definitely want something lighter? Because then the city select and Vista are out. But they both have reversible seats, and the Vista has a bassinet and the select has a bassinet option. Both are easy folds, etc. But not light.

Or is easy fold most important? Then a bugaboo is out.

Is the reversible seat most important? The city versa is lighter weight, folds forward facing, and has an easy fold but doesn't recline all the way (reclines a lot but not flat-you can get a bassinet for it though)

If you can do without the reversible seat, you can go with the city mini or city mini gt (which has an adjustable handlebar btw). Those will be your lightest choices, easiest most compact fold. But no reversible seat.

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 1:11 pm
City versa is actually heavier than the vista.

mandr

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 1:57 pm
Stokke Scoot is pretty light, foldable, goes both ways, and the handlebar extends. I carry it up and down the stairs myself each week (I don't like to bump it up and down like I've watched some other people do - I think it kills the stroller). The top can be removed and be replaced with a car seat from Maxi Cosi (maybe also Peg Perrego, if I recall correctly). It does not come with a bassinet but it has an optional accessory called a softbag which acts like one. We used it for my baby from when he was born. I pulled out the softbag now for the winter and it's great, even for a 1 year old.

amother

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 2:32 pm
op here. willing to spend up to 800 (don't want to go to the 1K bugaboo price range), would be very happy to spend less though. would prefer a girly colored stroller since I have a girl. looking at the vista, I would have to get black (don't care for red). still feeling overwhelmed, here is the list I compiled after reading through imamother - help!!!
uppa baby vista
uppa baby cruz
uppa baby g-luxe
peg perego
city mini
yoyo
Peg Perego Book Plus Reversible Stroller in Fuchsia
baby jogger city versa
britax b-agile
valco snap 4 stroller
baby jogger citi mini gt
baby jogger city select

redroses

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 2:49 pm
With every stroller, and basically anythign in life, you will always have different people that either love it or hate it. Maybe see what your friends and neighbors have, give the stroller a push down the block and see how you like it?

I'm in flatbush if you'd like to try my uppababy vista Very Happy

kb

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 3:16 pm
Go into a stroller store and look at them. Push a few around, pick them up, fold them, etc...

I have the uppababy vista for a few years now. It's great if you're planning on walking, not good at all if you're driving around in a small car (it takes up the whole trunk, is heavy imo, and I have a hard time folding it.)

But btw, the vista comes in pink.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics