Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
When the work is done and the kids aren't home . . .

amother

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 6:17 am
What am I supposed to do with myself? I'm bored!

What do you do in your down time, besides imamother?

Ruchel

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 6:21 am
What? enjoy!
Read, go out, eat, watch something... I'm never bored when I have nothing to do.

RachelEve14

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 6:23 am
What do you like to do?

Any deep cleaning or organizing type stuff you want to do?

With me it happens a few times a year (at best!) so I usually spend down time maybe watching shows on the computer with a coffee (imamother and a few other boards I read), do a bigger project (sorting winter / summer clothing, clean out the playroom), get chores done (good bathroom cleaning) and that type of stuff.

If it happens on a regular basis I would decide how much you want to be productive and how much to relax and plan accordingly. I would probably prep dinner and cook / freeze for Shabbot & busier days at least some of the time, and relax, read a book, work on a skill, walk, or get together with a friend with the rest.

imasoftov

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 7:44 am
amother wrote:
What am I supposed to do with myself? I'm bored!

What do you do in your down time, besides imamother?

Post yourself on imamother, and then you'll be everywhere at once.

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 7:49 am
I can't say that I ever run out of things to do or am ever bored, but why don't you read, watch, talk on the phone, shop?

amother

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 7:51 am
Workout

amother

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 8:03 am
OP here. Thank you for the nice replies. I'm getting some clarity here. I know that I'm not interested in housecleaning and that I already workout enough. I try not to cook much or bake because I'm on a diet.

But, I do like to plan things. I got such fulfillment from planning a long vacation for our family.
I like short but deep conversations with people. I'm not getting enough of that.
I like non-fiction but not history. Psychology, animals, facts and numbers.

Even in my down time I have a hard time getting out of the house. I feel glued to it for some reason. I think I need to find things to do outside.

rosenbal

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 8:59 am
Volunteer? Learn a new skill/hobby?

Shopmiami49

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 9:03 am
wait....what?? work is done and kids aren't home? I'm stuck on that one - please share how you got to there!!

amother

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 9:06 am
Shopmiami49 wrote:
wait....what?? work is done and kids aren't home? I'm stuck on that one - please share how you got to there!!

Well, it was short lived. LOL! Kids are home and work is calling me. Next thread, "So overwhelmed..."

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 9:08 am
Rest in bed with a book, and if I fall sleep, well...

I probably would feel like I should be doing something. I've actually carved into my schedule for my sanity starting work a half hour after my kids leave so I can get laundry done, otherwise there never was a good time!

amother

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 9:24 am
What do you all do? I would love to work from home.

TwinsMommy

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 9:31 pm
You're a working mom and you have free time?? jeepers. lucky duck. I ALWAYS have work to do. But when I don't feel like doing it (I'm self employed and my boss is pretty nice to me-- hah!) ---- I workout, nap, read, take a long walk, pay bills, do laundry, cook, clean, shop...... today I spent the entire morning with both my kids at the doctor, then I dropped them at 2 separate schools then I went to target and the library. Took a half hour nap and didn't work until tonight (got an hour of work done today, hah!). Tomorrow I have a date with a friend who will help me take down my sukkah and I will definitely work out tomorrow and while the kids are in school I plan to get 2 hours of work done. Every day is FULL around here and I only have 2 kids and I only work PART time!

elliegator8

Post Wed, Jan 14 2015, 9:35 pm
A shower!!! Never seem to get many these days lol
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers