Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Quiche recipes please

L25

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 12:13 pm
hi I'm on a quest for different quiche recipes that include easy crusts.- I'm thinking, zucchini, onion, pepper and tomato ones. no mushrooms please.
thank you Smile

abby1776

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 1:16 pm
I always use store bought crusts. But the moosewood cookbook has a quiche recipe with a home made crust and a million different fillings. There is the basic crust, the basic cream/egg mixture, and the fillings which range from asparagus and artichoke to zuccini. You could use frozen brocoli, spinach, frozen artichoke hearts, asparagus, fake meat, olives, anything really.

mommy1108

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 3:43 pm
This is from an amazing blog I love to steal recipes from called "100 days of Real Food"

Easy Whole-Wheat Pie Crust

1.5 cups whole-wheat flour (I like King Arthur’s organic white whole-wheat flour)
½ cup melted butter
½ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons milk

Quiche Filling:

1.5 cups milk, preferably whole
4 farmers' market or organic eggs, beaten
S & P to taste
Dash cayenne pepper (optional)

ive done cheddar and broccoli, also a favorite was red onion, cheddar, spinach, and mushroom

Frumdoc

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 4:06 pm
Standard short crust pastry. Look anywhere. 1,2,3 proportions of fat, flour, water, but I can never remember which is the one, which is the 2 or the 3!

Filling based on eggs, milk and some cheese, plus yoghurt if you have. I often sub milk for yoghurt or vice versa, depends on what I have more of. Mix together until it is a jelly like, quite sloppy mixture with some body. Add salt/pepper and herbs to your taste.

Any veg, onion (saute first), broccoli, pepper, sweetcorn, tuna, squash, tomato, potato. Anything I would throw in a stir fry can be used, if they are high in water content I cook them a bit first, dry bake chopped up in the oven.

You can't really go wrong, it is basically a baked, creamy omelette, with or
without a crust. Sorry, I know this is not a very helpful recipe, but I have been making it since I was about 8 years old and just do it by appearance now.

L25

Post Mon, May 09 2016, 6:14 am
bumping up since I'm still looking Wink does anyone have exact measurements and instructions?
thank you!

Iymnok

Post Mon, May 09 2016, 8:08 am
I use the mushroom onion quiche from the Bnos Tzion of Bobov cookbook.
3onions, 2 cans of mushrooms. I replace them with an equal or greater amount of whatever vegetables I want. It uses non-dairy creamer, I use milk.
I don't have it in front of me now, maybe later.

I use a simple oil based pie crust leaving out any sugar.

I even make it without a crust.

If the feel like dieting, I use 3-4 egg whites instead of the two eggs and low fat milk.

greenfire

Post Mon, May 09 2016, 9:26 am
http://www.imamother.com/forum.....uiche

they don't last the night even when I make 2 [who doesn't make more than one]

Lizzie4

Post Mon, May 09 2016, 10:44 am
Spanekh jiben - Spinach Cheese Frittata
adapted from Aromas of Aleppo by Poopa Dweck

1 Onion, chopped and sauteed until translucent
2-10 oz. packages frozen spinach
6 eggs, beaten
1-3/4 lbs. Muenster cheese, grated
1 tsp. kosher salt
1/2 lb cottage cheese (optional)

Preheat oven to 350
In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, cheese, salt and cottage cheese.
Add spinach and onions to mixture
Pour into a rectangular Pyrex or baking dish and bake uncovered for 40 minutes or until lightly browned.

Lizzie4

Post Mon, May 09 2016, 10:49 am
http://altoonsultan.blogspot.c......html

One of my favorite zucchini dishes is a family middle eastern recipe which my mother often prepares for non-meat dinners; I look forward to making it each summer. The squash is first cooked with onions and then mixed with cheese and eggs and baked. It is good hot or cold (mmm, leftovers).

1 large onion, chopped
3 Tbs vegetable oil
2 lbs zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch slices
3 eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups grated cheese. My mother uses muenster, I use cheddar.
salt to taste

Fry the onion in a wide pot oil till golden.
Add the zucchini and cook until very soft, stirring often.
Mix the eggs and cheese in a bowl, then add the zucchini-onion mixture and mix well, adding salt to taste.
Pour into a baking dish (I used a 9 inch square for this amount) and bake in a 350˚oven until golden brown, about 45 minutes.
Serve with yogurt.
Serves 4 to 6

L25

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 8:30 am
everyone- thank you so much!
lizzie4- have you ever tried the second recipe with "pizza cheese"- mozzerella/chedder cheese? Do you think I can just substitute peppers or tomatoes for the zucchini in the zucchini recipe?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics