Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
How to add to this skirt
1  2  Next

mommyofd1

Post Thu, Aug 28 2014, 7:49 pm
How can I add to this skirt that won't make it look "off"? (I'm short so I only need 3 or 4 inches)
http://www.loft.com/tweed-zip-.....=5539

amother

Post Thu, Aug 28 2014, 7:53 pm
You probably need a nice leather add on for the bottom and maybe some leather definition for the pockets as well.

mommyofd1

Post Thu, Aug 28 2014, 7:59 pm
btw I got the shirt the modals wearing to go with it.

Dolly Welsh

Post Thu, Aug 28 2014, 7:59 pm
Buy it in Tall, that's the first thing to do.

The waist will be the same; the waist goes by the size. Tall just means it's longer. I couldn't tell how much longer.

You could let the hemline down, and you might be almost there with no add-on.

mommyofd1

Post Thu, Aug 28 2014, 8:03 pm
sorry I forgot do write that I got the tall which is about an inch longer than regular and there is about an inch hem which makes it right above my knee, which I think is too short.

amother

Post Thu, Aug 28 2014, 8:26 pm
something like this http://www.mjtrim.com/pleated-......html but the right texture and color. Ive seen it in a longer length in a Jewish trimming store

amother

Post Thu, Aug 28 2014, 9:09 pm
amother wrote:
something like this http://www.mjtrim.com/pleated-......html but the right texture and color. Ive seen it in a longer length in a Jewish trimming store
That only works on a straight skirt, not aline.

mommyofd1

Post Thu, Aug 28 2014, 9:12 pm
amother wrote:
That only works on a straight skirt, not aline.

I was thinking the same thing

Gneshe

Post Thu, Aug 28 2014, 9:25 pm
I think the leather idea sounds great!

mommyofd1

Post Thu, Aug 28 2014, 9:37 pm
I'm not so sure about the leather, I don't like wearing trends as I find they only last for a season or two. If I do do it what color?

momsprince

Post Thu, Aug 28 2014, 9:45 pm
black leather

mommyofd1

Post Thu, Aug 28 2014, 9:46 pm
would it work with a fabric? I'm worried about it looking weird where it curves in

kb

Post Thu, Aug 28 2014, 10:53 pm
could you add a panel of fabric the same color as the shirt?

(personally? I'd take it to my seamstress and ask her what to do.)

MamaBear

Post Thu, Aug 28 2014, 11:04 pm
Honestly the skirt is not so unique. Just look out for something longer.

Heyaaa

Post Fri, Aug 29 2014, 4:13 am
I've done enough lengthening on clothes that I've learned not to ever buy something that needs to be made longer. Once you add the material, even if it's just pulling down the hem, it RARELY every looks as nice and almost never looks better.

If I like the skirt I go on polyvore or a similar website and look up that style.

rachel91

Post Fri, Aug 29 2014, 5:49 am
MamaBear wrote:
Honestly the skirt is not so unique. Just look out for something longer.

Exactly! There are so, so many good length, nicer (in my opinion) skirts out there, I bought about 10 new ones this season in shops like zara, h&m etc, and I'm tall, 5'7.

Butterfly

Post Fri, Aug 29 2014, 8:59 am
Beautiful skirt. I love the combination of the colors in the tweed.

The shirt matches perfectly and enhances the burgandy color that's tweeded in the fabric of the skirt.

To lengthen the skirt I would either add a dark 'grey' leather or a solid material (none leather) that blends well with the grey in the skirt. A shade or two darker than the grey in the skirt would look very nice IMO

I wouldn't add black nor burgandy because it may strike as too strong and therefore might appear as patched...

mommyofd1

Post Fri, Aug 29 2014, 12:17 pm
to the comments that say just find a better skirt, I love the color combo (green, burgundy and white) in a tweed and I've never seen anything similar anywhere. It would be helpful to give me a link if you've seen something just as nice that's longer.
[quote]To lengthen the skirt I would either add a dark 'grey' leather or a solid material (none leather) that blends well with the grey in the skirt. A shade or two darker than the grey in the skirt would look very nice IMO

I wouldn't add black nor burgandy because it may strike as too strong and therefore might appear as patched...
Its actually a dark green not grey

mommyofd1

Post Fri, Aug 29 2014, 12:18 pm
rachel91 wrote:
Exactly! There are so, so many good length, nicer (in my opinion) skirts out there, I bought about 10 new ones this season in shops like zara, h&m etc, and I'm tall, 5'7.

whats "this" season? summer or fall/winter? If winter could you post what you got?

rachel91

Post Fri, Aug 29 2014, 12:29 pm
mommyofd1 wrote:
whats "this" season? summer or fall/winter? If winter could you post what you got?

I meant spring/summer.
But, I did see a very similar skirt to yours in Marks &Spencer, when I was in Budapest(there is no marks&Spencer, where I live).
I even tried it on, it had a good length.
Since I don't know, where you are located, I don't know if it's available in your country.
The skirt itself is nice, but I don't think it will be nice with leather, the two fabrics just won't go together in my opinion.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics