Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Desparate For Extra Income

chasar

Post Sun, Jul 27 2014, 9:16 pm
Hi. Hoping someone can help. I have a small business at home selling a product but I'm not busy at all due to heavy competition. I am looking for something else that I can do from home that can give me a steady income.
My husband barely covers bills with his salary and I need to find something to help with the rest of the bills as well as other basic needs (groceries, clothing for the kids, shoes, etc) for our 6 kids.

I am computer savvy with various programs and can also type very quickly. I am available most of the day as all the kids are out of the house in camp or in school. I do prefer to work from home so that I can continue with orders as they come my way.

I appreciate any help or any advice.

Thanks so much!

lifesagift

Post Sun, Jul 27 2014, 9:22 pm
Graphics. When successful, u can make a good business of it.

bigsis144

Post Sun, Jul 27 2014, 9:25 pm
I know women who do medical transcription from home.

Look at fiverr.com for some other ideas.

Last edited by bigsis144 on Sun, Jul 27 2014, 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

chasar

Post Sun, Jul 27 2014, 9:28 pm
don't have experience with graphics....
will check out the medical transcription site; tx

chasar

Post Sun, Jul 27 2014, 9:32 pm
def not for me; don't have experience with any of that. Any other recommendations are truly appreciated. Thanks for your help!

studying_torah

Post Sun, Jul 27 2014, 10:50 pm
E-lance or similar website?

rain

Post Sun, Jul 27 2014, 10:55 pm
a friend of mine began selling rodan and fields products. I know absolutely nothing about the business or products, but she is a consultant and sells them from home and makes about a 30% profit. products range from around 40$ to 250$ and she sells packages so makes a nice commission...

SRS

Post Sun, Jul 27 2014, 10:56 pm
What work experience do you have is the first question to set you off in a productive direction? The second question is how long do you need to produce this additional income? And if the answer to the second question is "now" or "yesterday" the third question would be what expenses can you cut until that income can be produced?

Goodluck. My own wahm experience is that it took a good number of years to build to the point of a "real income" although not everyone was out of the house and not everyone is still out of the house during the day. But it usually isn't something you can just go from 0 to 60. You might want to consider work outside of the home that is more readily available also.

bigbird

Post Sun, Jul 27 2014, 10:56 pm
You can do regular transcription (not medical) - transcribing interviews, meetings. You'd have to google a bit to find it

MaBelleVie

Post Sun, Jul 27 2014, 10:59 pm
If you don't anticipate enough growth in your current business, I would seriously consider putting that on hold and looking for an out of home job. If all your kids are in camp/school and you aren't paying for childcare, it seems like a no brainer. Your options will be much much greater than those at home. It sounds like you're stuck on working at home just to keep a dead end business running, but if you need money, that doesn't make sense in the short term or the long term.

shira143

Post Sun, Jul 27 2014, 11:02 pm
Mturk.com is a pay per task type of site. And since you're good with computers, knowing scripts and add-ons goes a long way to bringing in steady income. You can do transcription, surveys (my fave) l, and obtain "qualifications" based on passing certain tests. I did it last summer while I was unemployed. It didn't roll in big bucks for me, but it did help to make ends meet sometimes.

chasar

Post Mon, Jul 28 2014, 12:01 am
thank you!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers