Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Help me choose a car seat (rear facing for one year old)

amother

Post Wed, Jul 23 2014, 12:35 pm
Im looking to purchase a car seat for a one year old, rear facing. Would prefer something Easy to install, comfortable, safe, and a girl color would be great but not necessary. Looking for a great price too!

TIA!

MaBelleVie

Post Wed, Jul 23 2014, 12:36 pm
What are her stats and what's your budget?

amother

Post Wed, Jul 23 2014, 12:40 pm
Im looking to spend as little as possible, but not at the expense of safety!

Shes about 18.5 lbs-19 lbs and about 29 inches.

I want to be able to turn it around when she is 2

MaBelleVie

Post Wed, Jul 23 2014, 12:48 pm
All car seats on the market pass the same tests, with a pass/fail rating. So we have no way of knowing whether one is safer than another or not Smile

Are you aware that it is recommended to continue rear facing past age two, as close to age four as you can as long as she still fits in the seat safely? It makes a big difference in terms of likelihood of severe injury in a crash chvs.

Any convertible seat will get you to age two rear facing with those stats. Do you want to consider rear facing for longer? What's your budget considering all this?

teddyb

Post Wed, Jul 23 2014, 1:01 pm
what car do you have? how much space? are you planning on taking it in and out often or rarely?

amother

Post Wed, Jul 23 2014, 5:14 pm
I have a minivan, and a honda crv. I might get 2, not sure, as we switch cars and its very hard to keep on taking it in and out.

I will turn her around when she is 2 at the recommendation of my pediatrician.

I don't have a budget. Im just trying to pay as little as possible. Smile

saw50st8

Post Wed, Jul 23 2014, 5:19 pm
amother wrote:
I have a minivan, and a honda crv. I might get 2, not sure, as we switch cars and its very hard to keep on taking it in and out.

I will turn her around when she is 2 at the recommendation of my pediatrician.

I don't have a budget. Im just trying to pay as little as possible. Smile

Is the recommendation to turn around at 2, or just not to turn before? 2 is now the earliest possibility to turn around, but it is still safer to elave them rear facing.

I love my Diono Radians. They take up the least amount of space, are easy to install and have straps that go up pretty high.

MaBelleVie

Post Wed, Jul 23 2014, 5:26 pm
Evenflo sureride is a pretty straighforward seat, under $100 and will last a long time both rear facing and forward facing. It's comfortable and it has nice girly and gender neutral prints.

Pediatricians don't know all that much about car seat safety Smile it's really beyond their scope.

MaBelleVie

Post Wed, Jul 23 2014, 5:34 pm
FYI you can get the sureride at kohls.com. The price now is $89 and you can use the code LUCKYU for another $15 off. If you have a kohls card you can use the code POOLSIDE for 25% off.

amother

Post Wed, Jul 23 2014, 5:49 pm
MaBelleVie wrote:
FYI you can get the sureride at kohls.com. The price now is $89 and you can use the code LUCKYU for another $15 off. If you have a kohls card you can use the code POOLSIDE for 25% off.

Thanks for a your help!!!

amother

Post Wed, Jul 23 2014, 5:55 pm
Whats with the Evenflo Tribute LX that I see on amazon for as low as 45.99? Is it a bad car seat? Just curious, if you would recommend it, and if you know why its so cheap...It seems like the #1 sold car seat o amazon

MaBelleVie

Post Wed, Jul 23 2014, 5:59 pm
amother wrote:
Whats with the Evenflo Tribute LX that I see on amazon for as low as 45.99? Is it a bad car seat? Just curious, if you would recommend it, and if you know why its so cheap...It seems like the #1 sold car seat o amazon

It's more of a bare bones seats and it doesn't last quite as long as many others (it is outgrown much sooner). It's fine for a backup but I wouldn't get it as a main seat.

ETA that it's often difficult to properly install.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Jul 23 2014, 7:48 pm
Also the Tribute is very small and will be outgrown fairly quickly. I'd spend a bit more and get one with better limits.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics