Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Duvet and a top sheet?

ruby slippers

Post Wed, Jul 23 2014, 11:51 am
Just bought my first duvet to be used in a guest room. Feel kind of silly asking this- but do you still make the bed with a top sheet even though you are using a duvet?

ariellabella

Post Wed, Jul 23 2014, 11:54 am
My DH and I disagree about this all the time! We both have duvets, but he also insists on a top sheet for his bed. I think it's silly, since the whole point of a duvet is that you can take off the cover and wash it, making a topsheet unnecessary. And I hate how topsheets move around and bunch up.

So... my vote is no topsheet (unless it's a cold room and you need extra insulation, or you just like it for aesthetic purposes).

imasinger

Post Wed, Jul 23 2014, 11:56 am
I don't. The duvet IS the top sheet. That's why the sets just come with a bottom sheet, pillowcase, and duvet cover.

Happy18

Post Wed, Jul 23 2014, 11:58 am
I do in my room, but its how I like to sleep. No other reason for it, so often when I make guest beds I dont bother.

amother

Post Wed, Jul 23 2014, 12:42 pm
As a guest I prefer both. Often its hot and I'd rather not use the blanket. I like a duvet and top sheet so I can choose what is more comfortable to me.

amother

Post Wed, Jul 23 2014, 12:45 pm
No top sheet. The top sheet interferes with the efficiency of the down comforter. They actually recommend sleeping in the nude. The duvet project the down.

amother

Post Wed, Jul 23 2014, 1:11 pm
Wow! I think if I told my husband years ago during the argument of blanket or duvet I would have won the argument if I said I would sleep in the nude!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics