Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Crockpot

calaflower

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 9:07 am
I know there are threads out there on this topic already, curious if anyone has any "
new" recipes for crockpot? Dairy, Pareve, or Meat... Especially now with the summer coming I'd rather throw ingredients in the crockpot than turn on the oven or stove...
Thanks!

chocolate chips

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 9:16 am
You can do meatballs in the crockpot.

Chopped onion, can tomatoes, can tomato sauce, salt pepper paprika then put in the balls (mince meat mixed with salt pepper paprika egg and matza meal) and leave on high or low for however long. You can also throw in some rice or quinoa.

In general I find any meat or chicken recipe goes well in the crockpot just adjust for time etc.

I once saw a recipe for vegetable soup with pasta in the crockpot. Again, basically the same as making it on the stove.

Dolly Welsh

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 9:27 am
If you have a milk crock pot, or milk ceramic liner, you can put in grated Swiss cheese with tomato sauce, raw pasta and water.

Swiss cheese is good for this because it has a strong taste that stands up to long cooking. Use a lot. If you have a milk blade and bowl for your food processor you can grate the Swiss by machine.

It comes out like lasagna.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics