Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Preparing Pareve Smoothies before Shabbos?

Mevater

Post Thu, Jun 26 2014, 11:29 pm
I just read the thread about making Pareve Smoothies and was wondering if theres a way to make the mixture before Shabbos and have it taste good on Shabbos, from the day before. Also, any solution to keeping crushed ice in that form?

http://www.imamother.com/forum.....88739

TIA

zaq

Post Thu, Jun 26 2014, 11:50 pm
It may still taste good, but it will look dreadful as the fruit will oxidize and turn an unappealing brown. It also won't be all that richly thick. Much of the thickness comes from the tiny air bubbles incorporated into the mixture, and they won't last. Crushed ice will melt in the fridge but the whole beverage will freeze in the freezer.

Now if you make a shake with a lot of blueberries, it will gel in minutes from the pectin in the berries. You can't drink it; it has to be spooned. I have no idea if this gel will stay overnight but it's worth trying out with a single portion.

heidi

Post Fri, Jun 27 2014, 4:50 am
I make strawberry or mango smoothies-- with soy milk, vanilla, sugar-- all blended. We call it soup and serve it as an appetizer for lunch--yum!

Raisin

Post Fri, Jun 27 2014, 6:13 am
my friend told me she makes smoothies once a week and they are good for a few days. Only fruit, no milk or yogurt. and I don't think she includes ice cubes.

You can also freeze and let it defrost.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics