Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
What can I make with pureed strawberries?

smss

Post Wed, Mar 05 2014, 8:41 am
I'm looking for good dessert recipes using pureed fresh strawberries - cakes, jello, sorbet, etc. tia!

mommy27

Post Wed, Mar 05 2014, 8:57 am
Take a package of frozen strawberries (if they're already pureed, I guess freeze the puree first). Put it in a food processor or blender. Add a half cup of sugar and a cup of orange juice. Blend until smooth. Pour into a container and freeze. Easy and delicious!

sky

Post Wed, Mar 05 2014, 9:37 am
mommy27 wrote:
Take a package of frozen strawberries (if they're already pureed, I guess freeze the puree first). Put it in a food processor or blender. Add a half cup of sugar and a cup of orange juice. Blend until smooth. Pour into a container and freeze. Easy and delicious!

I would do the recipe above but add a can of pineapple chunks when blending and serve as a slushy or just plain cold fruit soup. You can add a granola crumble on top.

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Mar 05 2014, 9:41 am
mommy27 wrote:
you don't even need sugar either. I had a frozen pack of strawberries. I defrosted it, bought fruit cocktail, mixed fruit, puréed it together and froze it. It does not need sugar, all those fruits are sweet enough. It's delicious.

pelle

Post Wed, Mar 05 2014, 10:16 am
use as a sauce on angel food cake.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Mar 05 2014, 10:17 am
Bake a basic, spongy type white cake. Cut into layers, and spread with whipped cream and strawberries.

smss

Post Wed, Mar 05 2014, 10:29 am
sky wrote:
I would do the recipe above but add a can of pineapple chunks when blending and serve as a slushy or just plain cold fruit soup. You can add a granola crumble on top.

ooh, fruit soup sounds like a good idea. I think I'll try that. they are fresh & currently whole, but we hold that you have to puree them before eating b/c of the bug issues, so that's why I need a recipe that calls for pureed. should I cook it or just blend with pineapple and refrigerate?

out-of-towner

Post Wed, Mar 05 2014, 10:37 am
http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....berry

In here I posted a recipe for a Strawberry Bundt Cake. Really yummy!

sky

Post Wed, Mar 05 2014, 10:55 am
smss wrote:
ooh, fruit soup sounds like a good idea. I think I'll try that. they are fresh & currently whole, but we hold that you have to puree them before eating b/c of the bug issues, so that's why I need a recipe that calls for pureed. should I cook it or just blend with pineapple and refrigerate?

Just blend. It doesn't have to be cooked at all

and I agree with shabbatisComing - first mix pineapple, OJ and strawberries. Taste and only add sugar if needed. Sometimes the strawberries need it.

jayle

Post Wed, Mar 05 2014, 5:32 pm
You could make strawberry ice cream,
Easiest recipe and delicious,
2 cups strawberries pureed
1 cup sugar
2 egg whites
Put all in mixer together and whisk for a good few mins until bowl is full, you need quite a good mixer. It gets very light and airy.
Freeze!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics