Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Almond flour

booboo24

Post Tue, Feb 25 2014, 7:37 pm
Does anyone know where I can find almond flour in Brooklyn, or how to go about making it myself.

Thanks!

CC1

Post Tue, Feb 25 2014, 8:38 pm
Yes! I make all flours from scratch at home. Whether it be wheat, nuts, or seeds. I don't have an official recipe but it's not an involved process. Let me know how it works out!

Blanched or unblanched almonds are fine however some people prefer them blanched as they have no skin and make for a beautiful and incorporated flour. I use plain ole raw almonds unblanched as the skin looks just as beautiful to me even if more variety in color and if course the entire almond is just healthy. Ok back in course,

Take a 1/2 cup , if it's too monotonous you can use one cup but I urge you to not use more than than or you won't get a nice fine grind to your flour and there is more risk of developing your own homemade almond butter. Yummy!!! But not today's goal.

If you have a vitamix that's an easy great option or a simple coffee grinder will work ( not one designated for coffee as the oils will taint your almond flour, do you use a coffee grinder for other purposes such as seeds or nuts? If not they are dirt cheap and work like horses considering the low cost ) if using a coffee grinder only add 1/2 a cup at a time and pulse DO NOT let it run. If you run it continuously again you will run the risk of producing almond butter. Pulse until a fine meal. Run through a sifter and voila!!!! My dear you have fresh made at home almond flour!

greenfire

Post Tue, Feb 25 2014, 8:39 pm
just use a package of ground almonds ...

ddsw

Post Tue, Feb 25 2014, 8:41 pm
Most health food stores should have it.

Lovelymom1

Post Tue, Feb 25 2014, 8:48 pm
I'm just wondering if you have any good recipes for that. I bought it a while back and never ended up using it. I wanted something sugar/carb free.

spring13

Post Tue, Feb 25 2014, 9:56 pm
I got it at Costco in NJ recently, is that an option near you? Or Whole Foods.

spring13

Post Tue, Feb 25 2014, 9:56 pm
Lovelymom1 wrote:
I'm just wondering if you have any good recipes for that. I bought it a while back and never ended up using it. I wanted something sugar/carb free.

Check out http://www.elanaspantry.com/

booboo24

Post Wed, Feb 26 2014, 6:06 am
Thanks I have a ninja would that grind it as well? The website elanas pantry had really nice recipes

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Feb 26 2014, 6:44 am
Kosher SCD people would know the best place to get it, especially if you want to buy in bulk.

Pineapple

Post Wed, Feb 26 2014, 7:32 am
http://www.digestivewellness.c......html

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Feb 26 2014, 7:44 am
Some years ago when I was looking into this, I found cheaper almond flour. It's possible it doesn't need a hechsher, something to look into.

booboo24

Post Wed, Feb 26 2014, 7:49 am
Thanks everyone!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics