Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
H.S. Girls school with dorm in the U.S.
1  2  Next

yo'ma

Post Sat, Jan 04 2014, 7:42 pm
I know about Denver. Any others? Not chabad. Also a little about it and if any seems like a good fit, I'll ask more about it. Thank you!

yo'ma

Post Sun, Jan 05 2014, 7:48 am
Are there any?

amother

Post Sun, Jan 05 2014, 7:52 am
Bruriah HS in Hillside, NJ doesn't have a dorm, but the admin will help match an OOT girl with a local family that has room and desire to host a student.
I've seen wonderful situations where the girl is cared for as a daughter.

SRK

Post Sun, Jan 05 2014, 8:00 am
amother wrote:
Bruriah HS in Hillside, NJ doesn't have a dorm, but the admin will help match an OOT girl with a local family that has room and desire to host a student.
I've seen wonderful situations where the girl is cared for as a daughter.

This is true.

basement

Post Sun, Jan 05 2014, 8:34 am
I think Norfolk does, Cincinnati used to but I'm not sure what they have now. I believe that Dallas will also accommodate boarders even though they don't have an actual dorm. I don't know anything more about any of these schools though- good luck with your search!

watergirl

Post Sun, Jan 05 2014, 8:38 am
Hanna Sacks Bais Yaakov in chicago always had lits of girls boarding fwiw.

smss

Post Sun, Jan 05 2014, 8:52 am
are you interested in a school that makes arrangements for boarders? you can PM me.

yo'ma

Post Sun, Jan 05 2014, 9:07 am
I'm not interested in schools that board, thank you. I'm not interested because my dd is the one who said she wants a dorm school, otherwise she can stay by family in the cities family lives in.

amother

Post Sun, Jan 05 2014, 9:18 am
I know people who went to Tikvah in New Haven, CT - I believe they dormed. I haven't heard about that school in a while.

out-of-towner

Post Sun, Jan 05 2014, 10:28 am
Mesorah High School in Dallas takes boarders. I know a few that went. PM me for details.

Mirabelle

Post Sun, Jan 05 2014, 10:48 am
Shaarei Torah in Richmond, VA.

yo'ma

Post Sun, Jan 05 2014, 10:53 am
Mirabelle wrote:
Shaarei Torah in Richmond, VA.

They have a dorm? What kind of school is it?

morahtikvah

Post Sun, Jan 05 2014, 10:57 am
Here are links to two. I don't know anything about either, but found them googling in the past. High school is not for awhile but we live "very" out of town.

http://www.mhafyos.org/high-sc.....golin

http://www.temima.org/

Mirabelle

Post Sun, Jan 05 2014, 11:07 am
yo'ma wrote:
They have a dorm? What kind of school is it?

They do have a dorm, it's very small. I guess I would describe it as "out of town frum"

Sort of Bais Yaakov but with an Out of Town flavor.

http://yeshivaofvirginia.org/c.....nt=st

LoveMy2Kids

Post Sun, Jan 05 2014, 11:42 am
Richmond does attract kids who are struggling, please do really extensive research.

Reality

Post Sun, Jan 05 2014, 11:24 pm
amother wrote:
I know people who went to Tikvah in New Haven, CT - I believe they dormed. I haven't heard about that school in a while.

They closed down quite a while ago.

amother

Post Mon, Jan 06 2014, 12:17 am
My daughter is going to sharei tomorrow it is for girls who r struggling but it has the intowners too who r regular out of town girls

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Jan 06 2014, 2:36 am
yo'ma wrote:
I know about Denver. Any others? Not chabad. Also a little about it and if any seems like a good fit, I'll ask more about it. Thank you!

I've heard amazing things about Denver. The one in Chicago (already mentioned) and the one down in LA (forgot the name, somethingorother Yeshiva High School) are all supposed to be top quality. Nice, normal girls, BY atmosphere, no weird chumras, not too many OTD problems.

If DD were able to dorm out, I'd consider sending her to any one of those schools. I have friends who send there, and they say nothing but good things about them.

yo'ma

Post Mon, Jan 06 2014, 8:28 am
amother wrote:
My daughter is going to sharei tomorrow it is for girls who r struggling but it has the intowners too who r regular out of town girls

B"h my dd is not struggling. Does that mean it would not be a good fit for my dd because she doesn't live there? She's not a bais yaakov type. Whatever that means.

yo'ma

Post Mon, Jan 06 2014, 8:32 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
I've heard amazing things about Denver. The one in Chicago (already mentioned) and the one down in LA (forgot the name, somethingorother Yeshiva High School) are all supposed to be top quality. Nice, normal girls, BY atmosphere, no weird chumras, not too many OTD problems.

If DD were able to dorm out, I'd consider sending her to any one of those schools. I have friends who send there, and they say nothing but good things about them.

I went to denver and I wouldn't send her there for personal reasons. The previous poster said chicago is a boarding school. What school in la? Does it have a dorm? I love la. I have family there and my dd doesn't know them, so that would be nice.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics