Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Newsies
Previous  1  2

granolamom

Post Wed, Dec 25 2013, 1:20 pm
amother wrote:
Stomp does not look like something either of us would be interested in. Has anyone seen it and liked it???

Also- are the female singers throughout the show or would it be possible for my husband to leave for the restroom during those 2 songs...?

I saw Stomp many years ago with a friend, iirc there wasnt any singing and we really enjoyed it. groupon had cheap tickets recently and I wanted to take my kids but you can only buy 6 at a time. my dh probably would not enjoy it as much as I did, so its hard to say if you will or not.

sequoia

Post Wed, Dec 25 2013, 1:46 pm
rise above wrote:
sequoia wrote:
Oh my gosh, OP, go see Twelfth Night!!! All the actors are men, and it's Shakespeare, and it's funny and it's awesome!

That sounds like something that may work for me..
It's actually one Shakespeare play I never read, but I can read the plot online and see if interests me, but can you describe theatrically the difference in the performance between a Shakespeare play on Broadway and a musical? I have been to musicals and what I love is the set, the costumes, the grandiosity of the performance. Are the Shakespeare play as much a 3d experience?

Absolutely. There's live music, singing, comedy, gorgeous costumes.

rise above

Post Thu, Dec 26 2013, 11:34 am
sequoia wrote:
rise above wrote:
sequoia wrote:
Oh my gosh, OP, go see Twelfth Night!!! All the actors are men, and it's Shakespeare, and it's funny and it's awesome!

That sounds like something that may work for me..
It's actually one Shakespeare play I never read, but I can read the plot online and see if interests me, but can you describe theatrically the difference in the performance between a Shakespeare play on Broadway and a musical? I have been to musicals and what I love is the set, the costumes, the grandiosity of the performance. Are the Shakespeare play as much a 3d experience?

Absolutely. There's live music, singing, comedy, gorgeous costumes.

The singing is all men?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions