Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Do you make your husband's lunch?
Previous  1  2  3  4

Do you make your husband's lunch?
Yes  
 43%  [ 73 ]
No - he makes his own lunch  
 39%  [ 66 ]
Other - please explain below  
 17%  [ 29 ]
Total Votes : 168

Fabulous

Post Thu, Oct 31 2013, 7:22 pm
amother wrote:
I'm curious- how does the lunch stay fresh for so long -what do you pack? I would love to start preparing my husbands lunch instead of him buying but I can't come up with lunch ideas that will stay fresh for 5 hours

I bought those little cooler bags for a few dollars from closeout connection

spring13

Post Thu, Oct 31 2013, 7:52 pm
He makes his own. I sometimes help out if he's especially rushed or otherwise messed up, or if we're on some kind of health kick, and I'll make suggestions if there's nothing he already knows he wants (ie: stick a couple of eggs in that microwave thingy, or there's edamame in the freezer...), but unless he specifically asks for help and has a good reason for it, he takes care of it himself.

He also sets up the coffeemaker while he's in the kitchen Smile

spring13

Post Thu, Oct 31 2013, 7:59 pm
amother wrote:
I'm curious- how does the lunch stay fresh for so long -what do you pack? I would love to start preparing my husbands lunch instead of him buying but I can't come up with lunch ideas that will stay fresh for 5 hours

He takes an insulated bag with an ice pack to help keep it cold. There's a fridge at work, but apparently he hasn't been using it: he's worried about leaving fleishigs in there with everyone else's stuff. But the insulation/cold pack combo works very well, and they're not hard to come by. Target has loads of useful lunch accessories.

self-actualization

Post Fri, Nov 01 2013, 12:15 pm
I used to make him lunch for the first few years, and then our lives got too hectic - we both work full time. Now I will occasionally make lunch for him (I voted Other). He has a cafeteria at work that stocks kosher food, and it's better for me to have him choose his own lunch rather than forget to eat what I packed or complain that it's boring. Also my DH is the type that doesn't stop to eat if he's working on a project, so there are at least a couple of days a week that he skips lunch entirely.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics