Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Do you drink alcoholic drinks during the week?
Previous  1  2

Do you drink alcoholic drinks during the week?
Yes, about once a week  
 5%  [ 6 ]
Yes, more than once a week  
 10%  [ 12 ]
Occasionally  
 31%  [ 37 ]
Never  
 53%  [ 64 ]
Total Votes : 119

morah

Post Mon, Aug 26 2013, 8:16 pm
Wine with dinner just about every night when not pregnant. I keep it to Shabbos only when pregnant.

timtam

Post Mon, Aug 26 2013, 8:26 pm
Yes. Only since I discovered chocolate infused vodka.

The Happy Wife

Post Tue, Aug 27 2013, 9:40 am
Depends on how the kids were behaving that day LOL
Just kidding! but,
I do enjoy a drink during the week on occasion.

J

Post Tue, Aug 27 2013, 9:45 am
timtam wrote:

Try black currant flavor. I'm addicted to it. Can't resist having a shot or two after coming home from work every day.

mandr

Post Tue, Aug 27 2013, 10:29 am
timtam wrote:

Have you tried Walders liquors?

rising hero

Post Tue, Aug 27 2013, 11:00 am
Oooh I love Walders! Try vanilla with some Shmerling chocolate liquor - heaven!! But those are like syrups with a bit of alcohol to taste...

mandr

Post Tue, Aug 27 2013, 11:02 am
Madam F. wrote:
Oooh I love Walders! Try vanilla with some Shmerling chocolate liquor - heaven!! But those are like syrups with a bit of alcohol to taste...

When I went to the Kedem Food and Wine Expo this year, Walders booth was making these amazing drinks out of their liquors. I took one of the mixed the vanilla one with orange and ice cream and ice... it was divine!

AlwaysThinking

Post Tue, Aug 27 2013, 11:07 am
We had Walder's creamy coffee liqueur once, so good Smile

chocolate chips

Post Tue, Aug 27 2013, 7:36 pm
Rarely.
The only thing I drink a little of is chocolate liqueur and smirnoff flavored (apple/orange). When we had the dailys occasionally dh and I would have some for dessert.

Otherwise only if there is a special occasion (like my sisters vort in the UK) Ill have a lchaim.

On shabbos sometimes I also have other times I pass. Depending on my mood. Which is funny because when I was in sem, living in my grandmothers house where everyone drinks, we found an excuse every other night for ice cream and a lchaim LOL

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Aug 27 2013, 7:38 pm
It depends on the week. Wink

Cheers Drunken Smile Hypnotized Silly

Mrs Bissli

Post Tue, Aug 27 2013, 8:29 pm
I answered more than once a week, because on most Shabbat I take about glass of wine for both Fri dinner and Shabbat lunch.

During the week, I *may* have another glass if I feel like it (for example if I made something proper for dinner rather than leftovers, and if I have a nice bottle leftover from Shabbat), or go for a half-pint after work with colleagues esp in summer.

I'm really not a fan of sweet liquor (too much sugar, too heavy) or sweet wine (distracts too much from food). More of G&T gal myself, though I used to like Cosmopolitan a decade or so ago and I always make exception to Binyamina's green apple liquor or apple vodka on ice. I also like making own liquor, our guests seem to like my 3-year old apricot liquor.

Laughing Bag!

Post Wed, Aug 28 2013, 2:28 am
sometimes mostly as a Refuah, however I do like vodka, whiskey. liquor I call alcoholic juice. I used to like it as a kid I remember I once found bottles of cherry and chocolate liquor as a kid, I mustve been about 10/11 yrs old I would secretly take drinks until my father realised that someone is drinking and hid it.
now I wouldn't even taste it its way to sweet.
shabbos I drink some vodka/ whiskey depending what dh uses for kiddush. I like both but some more than others.
I don't drink much wine never liked it. I did start drinking from kiddush the natrually sweetened wines. I don't like dry wines.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics