Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Prism Glasses
1  2  Next

amother

Post Wed, Jul 24 2013, 12:45 pm
Hi,
I was hoping I could get a recommendation for an eye doctor who prescribes prism glasses/vision therapy for children to help with concentration and focus. I live in NY, so anywhere in the tri-state are would be fine, I just really want a Doctor who is top in the field.
Thank you!

fly on the wall

Post Wed, Jul 24 2013, 1:08 pm
I would also appreciate info on this topic.

I know Dr. Siwoff is considered top, but you need to wait about a year for an appointment.
There's also a Dr. Ruttner in Ezra Medical Center, but I haven't been able to get conclusive info about her.

amother

Post Wed, Jul 24 2013, 1:12 pm
Thanks for your reply. I have also heard the name of Dr. Gerald Wintob in Brooklyn. Have you any information on him?

amother

Post Wed, Jul 24 2013, 3:16 pm
Dr. Luchins in Monsey

amother

Post Wed, Jul 24 2013, 3:18 pm
Have you met with him/her? Had a good experience? Any details would be appreciated! Thanks.

Dolly Welsh

Post Wed, Jul 24 2013, 3:41 pm
It's about sensory correction. Obviously helping that would lead to being able to focus and concentrate better.

Google the first doc who does this who is convenient and can see you soon. Read all the links to see if he/she has any complaints against him/her.

Then, go do it: when the kid puts the glasses on, the improvement is immediate, I vaguely heard. You don't have to wonder if it is good, it's supposedly obvious. But I am no expert.

I wouldn't wait for some special person if someone can do it sooner.

amother

Post Wed, Jul 24 2013, 3:42 pm
amother wrote:
Dr. Luchins in Monsey

I have also heard good things about Luchins. I don't know details and haven't used him personally, but he has a good reputation.

amother

Post Wed, Jul 24 2013, 3:45 pm
We went to Dr. Joyce Waintraub in Englewood, NJ.

fly on the wall

Post Wed, Jul 24 2013, 4:12 pm
I heard that the reason why people use Dr. Siwoff, even with such a wait, is because he uses some sort of special machine to measure...I'm not sure what...I don't have much info, obviously. but maybe some of you out there who used some of these other doctors can shed some light on this.

Dolly, I agree that waiting is detrimental to the child, but as in any medical field, I would never advise someone to just go to the first name they google. That's what we have imamother for- recommendations!

amother

Post Wed, Jul 24 2013, 4:26 pm
I really appreciate all this information. Please please keep it coming.
Thank you!!

goforit

Post Wed, Jul 24 2013, 4:43 pm
the best is the dr. in England. It is very hard to get the right fit. sewalf is second to best.

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Jul 24 2013, 5:44 pm
Dr joel warshavsky in downstate medical ctr brooklyn

amother

Post Wed, Jul 24 2013, 8:55 pm
Dr. Luchins is a woman
http://www.optometrists.org/DrLuchins/

momtra

Post Wed, Jul 24 2013, 9:24 pm
I took my daughter to Dr. Luchins a few weeks ago.
I don't have anyone to compare her to, but she was very thorough and seemed to be extremely knowledgeable of her field.
My daughter wore her glasses today for the first time today and her reading seemed more fluent.

amother

Post Wed, Jul 24 2013, 10:04 pm
I've worked in a pediatrician office and have heard dr.luchins is good. My husband tried prism glasses first and eye therapies for strabjsmus but it didnt help him enough (he was having hard time reading and since hes a yeshiva guy it was very problematic for him) officially it was a very very small issue but he has had 2 eye surgeries done by dr. Completero who works with dr. Wang ( don't know spelling) and since then has been great. He continues doing eye therapy using the eyeport which he bought online he says its the same idea that he was doing with the therapist but easy to use and works great for him. Hope prism lenses is enuf for ur child. Hatzlocha

goforit

Post Wed, Jul 24 2013, 10:17 pm
dr. warshavsky is not in downstate anymore. You can only see him in his private office.

yidishmamma

Post Tue, Aug 25 2015, 6:58 pm
Bumping this up since I'm looking for dr for my daughter that can help with prism glasses. Also do any drs take insurance or it's all cash?

momesq

Post Tue, Aug 25 2015, 10:55 pm
Dr warshowsky in Roslyn, ny. He's tops it no insurance.

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Aug 26 2015, 10:18 pm
I have taken my kids to Dr. Nayor in westchester and have seen great results.
I know several people who went elsewhere and weren't happy and went to him after.
Only thing is he doesn't take insurance.

cbsp

Post Thu, Aug 27 2015, 1:50 am
No insurance for Dr Luchins either.

She saved my daughter from needing surgery...
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics