Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
What's with the Kate Middleton obsession???
Previous  1  2  3  Next

morah

Post Tue, Jun 25 2013, 7:36 am
She's a princess. There aren't too many of those left nowadays. I remember Princess Diana's death very clearly even though I was in elementary school at the time- I knew who she was because she was a real live princess, just like Ariel, Belle, Cinderella etc, and to my little girl brain, that was the coolest thing ever. Even though I hope I've matured a bit since then, there's still a little bit of magic surrounding a princess...

tissues

Post Tue, Jun 25 2013, 7:39 am
I actually heard her speak. Google the launching of the Royal Princess ship (her last solo official public appearance). Before cutting the ribbon, she says about two sentences in a really cute English accent. Something like "I name(d) this ship Royal Princess. May G-d bless her and all who sail on her."

busydev

Post Tue, Jun 25 2013, 8:06 am
better obsessed with Kate then with Kim (who was/is also in the news every time she blinked) and compared to most wealthy pregnant people that make it into the tabloids Kate is VERY classy and sophisticated. Plus shes a princess.

I wouldnt mind if some of her maternity clothing would be reproduced.... (at least what she wears in public. I cant imagine thats what she wears at home) I would have a much easier time finding tzniyus clothing if they made copies of what she has worn. (fine its to short, but the general concept into a top with a skirt would be oh so nice)

plus we wont hear about her naming her kid South or Poison Ivy. LOL

pesek zman

Post Tue, Jun 25 2013, 8:09 am
RachelB wrote:
I thinks it's more of a modern day Cinderella story that fascinates people. You can be a regular girl, marry a prince and become a queen someday. Don't girls still dream about it?
And yes, thinking about it, I've never heard her utter a single word.

I've heard her speak. She and Will did a full length interview with one of the news bureaus, immediately after they got engaged. She was lovely. I'm sure you can watch it for yourself no You Tube.

tissues

Post Tue, Jun 25 2013, 8:17 am
busydev wrote:
better obsessed with Kate then with Kim (who was/is also in the news every time she blinked) and compared to most wealthy pregnant people that make it into the tabloids Kate is VERY classy and sophisticated. Plus shes a princess.

I wouldnt mind if some of her maternity clothing would be reproduced.... (at least what she wears in public. I cant imagine thats what she wears at home) I would have a much easier time finding tzniyus clothing if they made copies of what she has worn. (fine its to short, but the general concept into a top with a skirt would be oh so nice)

I was thinking the same. I like dresses and they are so hard to find (proper fit and all) in the Jewish world

shlomitsmum

Post Tue, Jun 25 2013, 8:17 am
I feel neutral really since I do not know her IRL Very Happy .

I do like that her way of dressing though as it restores the value of modesty among the population somewhat.
Her style is classic but safe very CBK (carolyn bessette kenndy from the late 90's) actually ....
I feel this girl wore coats (like the queen and princess Anne back in the day) for most of this pregnancy to keep the haters at bay .

the last dalmatian like print was not my fave on her as it seemed so out of character but at the same time it was refreshing to see her take a small risk.

I think people are happy to see William happily married , normal and all grown up after the loss of Diana at such a young age.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Jun 25 2013, 8:24 am
Yes, she is very nice. Nope, she isn't perfect.
Yes, it's normal the Brittons talk about her. Nope, it's not normal others do.

shlomitsmum

Post Tue, Jun 25 2013, 8:30 am
busydev wrote:

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter
I'm still feeling sorry for little "North West" Rolling Eyes .....How could they do that to her Sad psychos !

Barbara

Post Tue, Jun 25 2013, 8:34 am
Ruchel wrote:

Why on earth isn't it "normal"? Perhaps it not your cup of tea, but celebrity gossip is ubiquitous. People, for example, is one of the ten most popular magazines in the US.

Kate Middleton is young and pretty. She is not just a princess, but a princess who by all appearances has married not just any prince, but "her" prince -- a man whom she loves, and who loves her back.

She has a real sense of style. Much like Michelle Obama, Middleton mixes relatively inexpensive mass-market goods, so that people do feel that they can emulate her style. (Obama has been known to wear dresses from Target; while I don't think Middleton does that, she does favor Topshop and Zara.)

And she is pregnant with a child who is destined to be king or queen.

What's not to find interesting?

Barbara

Post Tue, Jun 25 2013, 8:38 am
shlomitsmum wrote:
busydev wrote:

I'm still feeling sorry for little "North West" Rolling Eyes .....How could they do that to her Sad psychos !

It is far from the worst celebrity name I've ever heard. There's Pilot Inspektor Lee, Kyd Duchovny, Moxie Crimefighter Jillette and Tu Morrow, to name a few.

Raisin

Post Tue, Jun 25 2013, 8:41 am
I honestly could not stand diana, don't ask me why but kate looks ok. A bit skinny but whatever.

I hope she has a happy life with her prince, can't be easy.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Jun 25 2013, 9:02 am
Barbara wrote:
Ruchel wrote:

Why on earth isn't it "normal"? Perhaps it not your cup of tea, but celebrity gossip is ubiquitous. People, for example, is one of the ten most popular magazines in the US.

Kate Middleton is young and pretty. She is not just a princess, but a princess who by all appearances has married not just any prince, but "her" prince -- a man whom she loves, and who loves her back.

She has a real sense of style. Much like Michelle Obama, Middleton mixes relatively inexpensive mass-market goods, so that people do feel that they can emulate her style. (Obama has been known to wear dresses from Target; while I don't think Middleton does that, she does favor Topshop and Zara.)

And she is pregnant with a child who is destined to be king or queen.

What's not to find interesting?

I (unfortunately) like gossip.

I don't see what's to discuss in all this. Not so interesting.

gold21

Post Tue, Jun 25 2013, 9:19 am
I'm not into Kate Middleton at all. Royalty is not like a real thing anymore anyhow. I do like that she has a classy sense of style, but I'm not obsessed with her at all.

aussie2

Post Tue, Jun 25 2013, 9:49 am
if you google "kate middleton speaking" there are many videos on youtube of her speaking at diff. occasions for those of you that would like to hear her. She has a cute English accent.

Barbara

Post Tue, Jun 25 2013, 9:57 am
shlomitsmum wrote:
busydev wrote:

Look on the bright side. They're calling her "Nori," so she can relate to seaweed as well.

Of course, they could have called this kid "Suzy." She's still stuck being a Kardashian. 'Nuff said.

bamamama

Post Tue, Jun 25 2013, 10:00 am
Ruchel wrote:

I recently swore allegiance to her MIL when I became a Canadian citizen so I'm claiming my rights as a royal-watcher even though I'm not British Wink

groovy1224

Post Tue, Jun 25 2013, 10:38 am
If you have to google someone's name + "speaking" to hear her voice, it means they don't speak much lol. And I don't count yacht christening as speaking. I spoke that much during my 2 line part in my siddur play. (I was a candle, if anyone's wondering).
I guess the likability factor here just comes from being a princess- though I don't think that's what she actually is. I just think people need to get a grip..if you want to like her because she is fun to admire then go ahead, power to ya. I just hear people talk about her like they know her to be one of the nicest people in Europe. Which she may be..but you wouldn't know.
Yes, I do appreciate having a public figure out there that dresses in a respectable manner, but I think when you marry a prince you give up your right to Daisy Dukes and tube tops. It would impress me more if say, a movie star dressed that way- it would seem more of her own choice. Not that I think she's trashy, and pretending not to be. But I think she dresses in a manner that behooves a member of royalty, and I'm not gonna give her a thousand points for that.
Ah, now I sound like a hater lol. I'm sure somewhere deep down (like really deep deep down) I'm just jealous.

tissues

Post Tue, Jun 25 2013, 10:46 am
But she is a commoner! And could have not chosen this path. The fact that she b'etzem isn't royal and chose to be (and thus dress classy, etc) is what makes me interested in her.
I wonder about her nine years of dating Will. How long did it take for to be ok with becoming a public figure in order to marry the one she loves?

dancingqueen

Post Tue, Jun 25 2013, 2:21 pm
IMHopinion wrote:
Dancing queen, you related? Wink

Yup, dining at the palace next week Wink

chocolate chips

Post Tue, Jun 25 2013, 2:32 pm
shlomitsmum wrote:
busydev wrote:

Right??! I could not stop laughing the entire day after I heard that, I thought it was a joke! Honestly!
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics