Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus
Block of cream cheese in israel ie- unwhipped cream cheese?

Shap2

Post Sun, May 12 2013, 7:45 am
my cheesecake recipe calls for 5 blocks of cream cheese, meaning unwhipped cream cheese...can't find either! will it make a difference? can it be found here? thank you in advance for any responses!

shalhevet

Post Sun, May 12 2013, 8:00 am
Use an Israeli recipe instead. There are a few threads if you do a search. Smile

Liba

Post Sun, May 12 2013, 8:02 am
Gad makes unwhipped cream cheese, givina shomenet 28%. You can buy it in cheese counters or in a 2 kilo tub. We buy ours in Rami Levi Mehadrin in Beitar, but some of the other big stores here like Machsanei Hashuk also have it at their cheese counters.

smss

Post Sun, May 12 2013, 8:06 am
you probably could find a non-chalav yisroel version in a makolet in ramat eshkol or rechavia....but I'm with shalhevet. just use an israeli recipe Smile

Isramom8

Post Sun, May 12 2013, 8:09 am
I think every supermarket is selling those blocks of cream cheese now before Shavuos. It doesn't really matter. All these types of cheeses work in recipes.

israel22

Post Sun, May 12 2013, 9:00 am
I found baking cream cheese its called! made buy a company called d and d has a bdatz hechser and you can get it in American style makolets or neighborhoods I acutally bought it from the person who makes it she lives in geula and if you need more than 4 she is happy to sell to you and its cheaper when you buy from her! if you want her number you can pm me!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus