Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Next door Neighbor opened store in her house
  1  2  3  9  10  11  Next

amother

Post Sun, May 12 2013, 4:01 pm
I feel that it makes my home less private. I don't like seeing the whole community at my door every day. I need my privacy. Wwyd?

Happy18

Post Sun, May 12 2013, 4:03 pm
That sounds really annoying! You don't say what kind of store it is, is it open all hours of the day?

amother

Post Sun, May 12 2013, 4:14 pm
Happy18 wrote:
That sounds really annoying! You don't say what kind of store it is, is it open all hours of the day?

It's woman clothing store and it is open at all times. She is renting her house and I own mine. It is really really annoying. What should I go?

amother

Post Sun, May 12 2013, 4:15 pm
amother wrote:
Happy18 wrote:

It's woman clothing store and it is open at all times. She is renting her house and I own mine. It is really really annoying. What should I go?

I mean what should I do?

Happy18

Post Sun, May 12 2013, 4:16 pm
Are you friendly with her? Also is having a store out of a house legal where you live?

imaima

Post Sun, May 12 2013, 4:17 pm
amother wrote:
amother wrote:
Happy18 wrote:

I mean what should I do?

Is it legal? Does her landlord know about it?

amother

Post Sun, May 12 2013, 4:25 pm
I would also wonder if the store is legal? Then again even if its not its nit like you can do anything about it ? I mean would you turn her in?

amother

Post Sun, May 12 2013, 4:44 pm
My mother opened a store in her home and her next door neighbor didn't like it. He never massered on her, but complained more than enough. Many, many years later she no longer has her store, but they have one. My mother never said anything about it. Just saying! You never know if one day you'll be on the other side of the fence.

amother

Post Sun, May 12 2013, 5:03 pm
Op here
I'm not friends with her. She is even snubbing me. Our children are at different stage in life and we don't have anything in common But we are nice to each other and nothing is out of sorts. I know it is not legal and it is really not fair for her to open a store after she just moved in. The landlord probably doesn't care. I know that being moser her is a huge thing and like one poster said I might be on the other side of the fence chas veshalom one day. Still it is not the right thing to do without asking me. Wwyd??

mirror

Post Sun, May 12 2013, 5:09 pm
Find her a cheaper house to rent somewhere else.

or (okay get ready to hate me from now on)

Get yourself a CD/MP3/radio player with a loud boombox and have it play LOUD spanish rock music whenever you leave the house.

Director

Happy18

Post Sun, May 12 2013, 5:15 pm
I'll probably be criticized for saying it, but if you tell her its bothering you and she does nothing then I think you are totally justified to report her. If you live in a residential area where this sort of business is illegal, but doesnt disturb anyone fine, ignore it. You are saying it is disturbing you that is not acceptable.

amother

Post Sun, May 12 2013, 5:19 pm
OPINIONATED wrote:
Find her a cheaper house to rent somewhere else.

or (okay get ready to hate me from now on)

Get yourself a CD/MP3/radio player with a loud boombox and have it play LOUD spanish rock music whenever you leave the house.

Director

She likes the street and won't move if not forced to. If I put loud spanish music the whole community will think I'm nuts. Because everybody is shopping at her house the whole day. Everything I will do or say loudly in my house will be heard and seen by whoever is at her house shopping... I don't know what to do!!!

octopus

Post Sun, May 12 2013, 5:19 pm
who said that in this day and age reporting illegal activity is "massering?" Does the guilty party have to sit in jail for the rest of their lives? no. they probably will get fined. maybe.

amother

Post Sun, May 12 2013, 5:22 pm
Happy18 wrote:
I'll probably be criticized for saying it, but if you tell her its bothering you and she does nothing then I think you are totally justified to report her. If you live in a residential area where this sort of business is illegal, but doesnt disturb anyone fine, ignore it. You are saying it is disturbing you that is not acceptable.

If I complain to her than report her I will be looked at as a bad person because she will know and tell everybody that I was the one who reported her. I have to report it without her knowing that it is bothering me. But should I report her??

shlomitsmum

Post Sun, May 12 2013, 5:22 pm
amother wrote:
Op here
I'm not friends with her. She is even snubbing me. Our children are at different stage in life and we don't have anything in common But we are nice to each other and nothing is out of sorts. I know it is not legal and it is really not fair for her to open a store after she just moved in. The landlord probably doesn't care. I know that being moser her is a huge thing and like one poster said I might be on the other side of the fence chas veshalom one day. Still it is not the right thing to do without asking me. Wwyd??

FYI Most landlords do care as heavy trafic ads to wear and tear of stairs and basements ,also if a client gets hurt eg: icy sidewalk in winter ... there are liability issues and she wil need different insurance. every single lease I have signed has included a clause for not operating a business in the premises . Find out who the landlord is and confirm he/she is ok with this.

good luck.

amother

Post Sun, May 12 2013, 5:24 pm
shlomitsmum wrote:
amother wrote:
Op here

FYI Most landlords do care as heavy trafic ads to wear and tear of stairs and basements ,also if a client gets hurt eg: icy sidewalk in winter ... there are liability issues and she wil need different insurance. every single lease I have signed has included a clause for not operating a business in the premises . Find out who the landlord is and confirm he/she is ok with this.

good luck.

The landlords are chasidish and don't care at all because she keeps the house very clean and neat and they don't mind as long as they get their rent.

Happy18

Post Sun, May 12 2013, 5:27 pm
amother wrote:
Happy18 wrote:

If I complain to her than report her I will be looked at as a bad person because she will know and tell everybody that I was the one who reported her. I have to report it without her knowing that it is bothering me. But should I report her??

If its really bothering you I'm sure its bothering others as well. If youre worried about her telling everyone then just report her without warning. What she is doing is illegal.

octopus

Post Sun, May 12 2013, 5:28 pm
you probably can report anonymously.

a landlord will care if they get fined. Confused

amother

Post Sun, May 12 2013, 5:29 pm
octopus wrote:
who said that in this day and age reporting illegal activity is "massering?" Does the guilty party have to sit in jail for the rest of their lives? no. they probably will get fined. maybe.

Even if it is not massering I still feel it is a radical move on my part. Maybe I'm wrong. I see people with stores in their house and I guess nobody reported them. Am I the only one who gets bothered by it. I am a very private person and don't like to be bombarded by the whole community at my door.

amother

Post Sun, May 12 2013, 5:37 pm
octopus wrote:
you probably can report anonymously.

a landlord will care if they get fined. Confused

Probably I should report her. It is funny I posted here out of frustration. I never thought I would really go and report her. Does anybody know how do you report such a thing?
Page 1 of 11   1  2  3  9  10  11  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette