Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
On homosexuality
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

Ruchel

Post Sun, Aug 26 2012, 12:27 pm
I know personally men or women who are into Asian/skinny/plump/ethnic/geek/sporty whatever, but ended up marrying or living with someone totally different. They were surprised but fell in love (or they settled because their "type" didn't attract the "type" they liked).

sequoia

Post Sun, Aug 26 2012, 12:32 pm
You can definitely fall in love with an individual who is outside of your "regular" type!

I mean, heck, Tom Robinson, the writer of the song "Glad to be Gay," has been happily married to a woman for a few decades.

But that's the exception, not the rule. You can't count on it.

amother

Post Sun, Aug 26 2012, 12:37 pm
I sure fell in love with someone who isn't my type. I love my husband and I'm even attracted to him at times, even though he isn't tall, dark, handsome, athletic, or any of my other "types." he has a good heart, treats me well, and we connect on many levels. and thinking about it, I wonder how many of my friends are attracted to their husbands with pot bellies and bald heads, and general lack of any attractive physical qualities. I mean, while we are on this line of reasoning, as soon as one's spouse begins to age, and gain weight and all the loveliness that comes with aging, you should leave him or her for someone who can "make you happy" (in bed, obviously.)

to me, there is more to life, and more to love, and more to attraction, than s-x.

amother

Post Sun, Aug 26 2012, 5:13 pm
amother wrote:
I mean, while we are on this line of reasoning, as soon as one's spouse begins to age, and gain weight and all the loveliness that comes with aging, you should leave him or her for someone who can "make you happy" (in bed, obviously.)

Not mutually exclusive.
And if you're lucky, you deteriorate together Tongue Out
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics