Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Allergies
I'm so scared for my baby's Allergy Appt. today
Previous  1  2

anonymrs

Post Sun, Jul 08 2012, 1:57 am
It can take 10 days until the dairy is out of your (and his) system. So I would wait and see if he is getting better and if not, it's time for a call to the allergist.

MaBelleVie

Post Sun, Jul 08 2012, 7:51 am
It takes a while for all the allergens to be out of your systems. That's why I suggested sticking to a strict diet for a full month, and then retesting if necessary.

I don't know seraph's recipe, but I make this cake and its awesome http://allrecipes.com/recipe/crazy-cake/

Seraph

Post Sun, Jul 08 2012, 9:40 am
Mimisinger wrote:
OP here (I've outed myself Surprisedl: )
Thank you everyone for all of your support and help.

We he and I are completely off eggs and dairy and still today he had another outbreak. Rash all over his face and torso and legs. I thought it might be an allergy to the environment, because he didn't really eat anything allergenic!

We already know he's not allergic to wheat or soy, so today he had cereal, rice and sweet potatoes (from the chicken that had soy sauce in it), and rice cereal with vegetables fro
m the chicken soup and cholent and kishke. What could've caused the rash?

Seraph - I'd love your choc cake recipe - this shabbos was a sad dessert day (for me anyway).
could the kishka have had egg in it?

www.pennilessparenting.com/201.....l?m=1
that recipe can be made gluten free for those who need, just replace the flour with all purpose gf flour and xanthan gum.

Seraph

Post Sun, Jul 08 2012, 9:48 am
bigprincess wrote:
Seraph wrote:
Ground flax seed and ground chia seeds work great as an egg replacer in recipes. (I think 1 tablespoon flax seed plus 2 tablespoons water=1 flax egg, but google it to make sure.) I have a great chocolate cake recipe that uses no eggs or dairy or chemicals...

Does it have soy?
no, its a different seed entirely.

TSmom

Post Sun, Jul 08 2012, 1:21 pm
It can actually take some women up to 6 weeks for a food to get out of both you and your baby's system.

amother

Post Mon, Jul 09 2012, 1:43 pm
Mimisinger wrote:
OP here (I've outed myself Surprisedl: )
Thank you everyone for all of your support and help.

We he and I are completely off eggs and dairy and still today he had another outbreak. Rash all over his face and torso and legs. I thought it might be an allergy to the environment, because he didn't really eat anything allergenic!

We already know he's not allergic to wheat or soy, so today he had cereal, rice and sweet potatoes (from the chicken that had soy sauce in it), and rice cereal with vegetables from the chicken soup and cholent and kishke. What could've caused the rash?

Seraph - I'd love your choc cake recipe - this shabbos was a sad dessert day (for me anyway).

There is such a thing as a rice allergy. My sister used to have one. It sounds like he had a lot of rice...
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics