Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Chai Rotel Segulah

Chaya613

Post Sun, Apr 29 2012, 4:45 pm
I was talking to my sister over Shabbos, and she has been married 8 years without any children. We were discussing the Segulah of Chai Rotel on Lag B'omer. I tried to find a mekor for the segulah but had a hard time. I have heard that it has worked for many people. Does anyone have any stories that confirm its success and does anyone know the mekor of the segulah?
We are considering spending the money to try it.
I thought this would be an interesting discussion for this time of year.
Thanks

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Apr 29 2012, 5:46 pm
ask a rov.

Chaya613

Post Sun, Apr 29 2012, 10:00 pm
A Rav is for halacha, not for segulahs. I was looking for some stories or people that had a first hand experience with this. I appreciate your response, but that is not why I posted this topic. I wanted to hear from others that have done it or know people that have.
Thanks

shalhevet

Post Mon, Apr 30 2012, 2:46 am
I can't tell you stories or if it works, but I can tell you that if you do it make sure (if you can't do it yourselves, which would be best) that the organization who does it is doing it properly. Also most people don't want to drink grape juice, but cold drinks or shoko.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Apr 30 2012, 8:19 am
Can you or someone explain it?

shalhevet

Post Mon, Apr 30 2012, 8:42 am
I don't remember the details, but you distribute 18 rutels (some liquid measure - quite a lot IIRC) of drinks to those coming to Meron on Lag B'omer. It looks like someone discovered this in a sefer (don't remember by who) a few years ago and it's become very popular - maybe in the last 5-10 years it's been publicized.

A lot of tzedakas advertise they will do this for you for a donation (no idea if it works if you don't do it yourself, either). Some places distribute grape juice and then some people got clever and started giving out cold drinks that people would actually want to drink... Smile I'm sure it really is a chessed (if nothing else!) since it is usually hot and there are a lot of thirsty people I'm sure. I suppose there would be some limit when no one would need their drinks any more.

shalhevet

Post Mon, Apr 30 2012, 8:44 am
BTW, OP, there is also a (I know personally proven) segula to come to Meron on Lag b'omer and promise to call the child who will be born Shimon (maybe also to promise to bring him there to cut his hair when he is 3... I don't remember).

Ruchel

Post Mon, Apr 30 2012, 9:19 am
Yes there is a poster who did it and named the child Shimon Secondname!

Thanks for explaining, I had never heard!

tsiggelle

Post Mon, Apr 30 2012, 5:24 pm
shalhevet wrote:
BTW, OP, there is also a (I know personally proven) segula to come to Meron on Lag b'omer and promise to call the child who will be born Shimon (maybe also to promise to bring him there to cut his hair when he is 3... I don't remember).

wadr, that its been proven to you or someone you know, doesnt help me. I need a mekor. could you supply that for me? thank you

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Apr 30 2012, 7:34 pm
Chaya613 wrote:
A Rav is for halacha, not for segulahs.

That's not true. Not everyone holds by the segulah, or perhaps they have another segulah in mind which is stronger.

Chaya613

Post Mon, Apr 30 2012, 9:59 pm
I saw on one of the Chai Rotel websites, Yeshuos Rashbi. They describe that Rebbe Shimon promised whoever increases the simcha on his Yartzeit he will increase simcha in their lives. This is because the Zohar describes when he was about to leave this world he gathered around his talmidim and told them "This is my greatest day of joy", because he was about to receive his portion in the next world.
It seems this is a very high and special day. For sure to donate Tzedakah and increase simcha on his yartzeit is a good thing. It seems like a lot of tzaddikim throughout the generations participated in this simcha. I don't think it is a new segulah like shalhevet describes.
I am sure Hashem will help. The idea of a tzadik is to learn from them and their teachings and to bring us closer to Hashem. Rashbi was from the biggest tzaddikim that came to this world and lit up the world with the Torah he taught. It should be a z'chus for all those that need!

StrawberrySmoothie

Post Mon, Apr 30 2012, 10:40 pm
Is this a segulah for other things besides having children?

September June

Post Mon, Apr 30 2012, 10:48 pm
StrawberrySmoothie wrote:
Is this a segulah for other things besides having children?

It's supposed to be a segula for pretty much anything.
Read more about it here.

shalhevet

Post Tue, May 01 2012, 2:42 am
Chaya613 wrote:
I don't think it is a new segulah like shalhevet describes.

I didn't say it was new. I said it has become very popular in the last 5-10 years. There is a source for it, and maybe a few people have always done it quietly for a hundred or five hundred years - no idea. But I hadn't heard of it, and probably most people hadn't until some organization or other discovered what a money spinner it could be and started advertising that they'd be your shaliach (people should also ask someone knowledgeable if these segulas work with a shaliach).

Chaya613

Post Tue, May 01 2012, 9:08 am
I didnt think they would let me post a link, but then I saw someone else did. He explains it very well on this site. Chai Rotel has been around for a very long time. Look hereYeshuos Rashbi

Chaya613

Post Wed, May 02 2012, 9:43 am
It seems so many people donate in the merit of Rashbi, but no one has a good story of a yeshuah. I am just trying to refresh this discussion to see if anyone knows anyone or if they have personally seen a yeshuah through chai rotel.
Thanks

mydear

Post Wed, May 02 2012, 10:21 am
It's been around for awhile. We tried it some 20+ years ago (my oldest son is 20 so it must have been a few years before). At the time my husband told me the story of someone he knew who missed the Bnei Brak bus to Meron. He had shlepped all the boxes from Ashdod to Bnei Brak. In those days alot of people brought the drinks to Meron on their own. I don't remember the details but the main part of the story was that he took a taxi with all his boxes. He discussed the segula with the secular taxi driver who said he had a brother or sister that was married alot of years without children. He spoke to them and they also did the segula of Chai Roitel, which was not easy since they shlepped everything on their own and gave out the drinks personally. I don't think there was anything organized then. The secular couple gave birth within the year, which led them and the taxi drivers family to becoming BT's.

Chaya613

Post Wed, May 02 2012, 11:39 am
Wow! that is a very nice story!
I recently heard another story from a friend of mine; he waited a long time to get married and B"H met his wife. It was apparent after they were married she would not have kids. It was medically impossible. The Doctors could not help, her body was simply not working properly.
They went to Meron and gave out Chai Rotel through Rabbi Yeshuah Bidderman and they had a kid within the year.
All the Doctors were shocked because her body was not made to have children and she did. I tihnk they names the kid Shimon and brought him for his haircut three years later. I also heard this story many years ago and I assume he is about to have his Bar Mitzvah.
Thanks for the great story!

Chaya613

Post Sun, May 06 2012, 3:27 pm
Did anyone donate Chai Rotel? We were still discussing it over our shabbos table. My husband mentioned Rav Chaim Vital writes about the Arizal and how he danced for hours on Lag B'Omer in Meron.
I went last year and was overcome by the sight of hundreds of thousands of Jews, religious, modern, not frum all together dancing and celebrating Rebbe Shimon. How can Hashem not look down and see the simcha and Kiddush Hashem and give everyone exactly what they need?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics